Look at what I got in the mail today...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
So about four months ago, I came across this site that said a bunch of people were joining together to file a lawsuit against CD manufacturers for charging so much. Basically, all it asked was 'have you bought a CD in the past year' and 'did you pay more than $15 for it'. I filled it out, and forgot about it. Now, look at the letter I got in the mail today:

"Dear South Carolina Music Purchaser:

As Attorney General for the State of South Carolina, I am pleased to enclose payment for your claim in the settlement of the Compact Disc Minimum Advertised Price Antitrust Litigation. This lawsuit was brought by the Attorneys General of 43 states and three territories and by counsel for Private Class Plaintiffs on behalf of purchasers of music CDs. In accordace with the terms of the court-approved settlement, payment i bing made to music purchasers who filed a valid and timely claim.

It is a pleasure to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion and to return value to consumers who purchased CDs while the challenged pricing policies were in effect.

Henry McMaster
Attorney General of South Carolina"

And sure enough, there was a check attached to the bottom for $13.86. It looks official and all. It's not like I'm loaded now or anything, but I thought this was cool. Plus, more money for my 21st!

Cool, I was scared someone was going to post 'that's fake' or something and then I'd feel dumb.

I'm going to Sam Goody and buying an overpriced CD, just because I'm a fan of irony.:D

Forum List

Back