Long term game

DOTR

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2016
Ive got something for you strollingbones . I am aware of your concern for Christians and Christianity and I have been telling you for over two years now what was coming. The politics you remember are over. And this is how it works out now.
This isnt about crowing. This is about results. And long term goals. And it isnt nearly over. There is no way to stop Trumps second Supreme Court pick nor his third. That will be enough to reverse the lunacy.

For Right-Wing Evangelicals, Kennedy’s Retirement Is Triumphant Vindication for Their Support of Trump

dear dotr ....abortion is now big business for pharms.....you can outlaw clinics and women will just go to doctors for the two pills that cause abortion...trump wont stop that....too big a business..that is why no republican has stopped it so far....

good luck with that long game

Ive got something for you strollingbones . I am aware of your concern for Christians and Christianity and I have been telling you for over two years now what was coming. The politics you remember are over. And this is how it works out now.
This isnt about crowing. This is about results. And long term goals. And it isnt nearly over. There is no way to stop Trumps second Supreme Court pick nor his third. That will be enough to reverse the lunacy.

For Right-Wing Evangelicals, Kennedy’s Retirement Is Triumphant Vindication for Their Support of Trump

The rabid right wing thinks they are about to force their religion down everyone else's throat.

It isn't going to happen pecks. You aren't going to install your Evangelical Caliphate in the US.

dear dotr ....abortion is now big business for pharms.....you can outlaw clinics and women will just go to doctors for the two pills that cause abortion...trump wont stop that....too big a business..that is why no republican has stopped it so far....

If Roe v Wade ever gets rolled back it will be in a series of decisions that first narrow it then gradually eliminate it.

I doubt that abortion will ever be restricted to less than the first trimester in which some 80% of abortions occur. The Republican leadership will want their daughters to be able to get convenient abortions should the need arise, politics or not.

The rabid right wing thinks they are about to force their religion down everyone else's throat.

It isn't going to happen pecks. You aren't going to install your Evangelical Caliphate in the US.
What religion would that be? Christians don’t believe in caliphates.

It has always been big business and always been about profit. For profit they sell their souls...and body parts. What you boast of is success at totalitarianism..the American people are never to be allowed a chance to speak on this again.
I am telling you it is the beginning of the end for that. As Scalia said "“It thus appears that the mansion of constitutional abortion law, constructed overnight in Roe, must be dissembled doorjamb by doorjamb, and never entirely brought down..."

Fine with me. This is a long long game.

you are just gonna jump on that anti abortion stance arent you ?

My point was not abortion. My point was you said Christians wouldn't be happy with trump. They are. He is doing what no other President who catered to Christians has...delivering.

You didnt think he would. Do you remember writing this?

4. But The Supreme Court! Trump, the logic goes, will select a more conservative Supreme Court Justice than Hillary Clinton. There is no evidence to support this contention. Again, Republicans are highly likely to lose the Senate to Democrats. Does anyone truly think Trump has the stomach to fight for a constitutional conservative on the Court when he thinks that Supreme Court justices prosecute crimes and sign bills? Ronald Reagan missed two out of three Supreme Court picks. George H.W. Bush went one for two. George W. went one for two. Ford went zero for one, and Nixon went one for four. Does anyone think that Donald Trump will do better than any of these people? Trump has never backed a constitutional balance of powers; he doesn’t know what that phrase means. If you’re hanging your hopes for a conservative Court on Donald Trump, you’re being conned.

Wrong.

Nobody is trying to shove their religion down your throat, jackass.

sc.jpg

Abortion is an overblown issue that dems use to divide.
SCOTUS can’t reverse constitutional amendments willy nilly.
The Dems??? Shit, for decades the right has trotted out abortion every election cycle as a wedge issue to get the moral majoritarians out to vote.
Repubs consider it a moral issue and the dems make it a feminist political wedge issue.
They seem to believe abortions are like cold medicine and that pregnancy is a virus.
Like denying women tampons.

The Dem strategy for years has been to stock the courts with liberal judges in order to follow their agenda.

They've been Red Henned.

Long term in politics is merely the the election after the current one.

But beyond 2020, which Trump will apparently win if he runs and if the Dems cant break the Far Lefts control of their party, we will see job mongering policies and promises, especially after androids start being being mass marketed.

The GOP seems well positioned for this under Trump and the Dems snarled up with the Marxist briar.

But once the androids are coming out like automobiles, job mongering will not be enough and the GOP will have to take steps toward a humane capitalism and likely a Universal Basic Income for all citizens only.

Forum List

Back