KETCHUP, LAWN MOWERS AND PLAYING CARDS: Feds list U.S. tariff targets

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I might just go out and buy "Made in America" tomorrow, just to spite these Canadian rat bast.ards. Canada isn't happy with the 19000+ tariffs we already have, on top of the countless hidden and covert tactics. Unfortunately, I was forced to buy a lawnmower already that was Made in Canada or I would have pursued it.

If Trump applies auto tariffs, it's all over, and he will be sure of a Red Wave come November. The exploitation of U.S and in turn, Canadian citizens, has to come to an end.

OTTAWA — The federal Liberal government is taking its cross-border trade dispute with the United States up a notch, unveiling an extensive final list of $16.6-billion worth of American imports that will be hit with retaliatory tariffs this weekend.

Ottawa also released details Friday of a financial aid package for industries caught in the crossfire — and it includes up to $2 billion in fresh funding and support for workers in Canada’s steel, aluminum and manufacturing sectors.

Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland unveiled the details — including a finished list of U.S. products on Canada’s hit list, which takes effect Sunday — during a news conference at a steel factory in Hamilton.

Aside from reciprocal tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from the U.S., the items to be subject to 10% duties come from a wide range of sectors — from ketchup, to lawn mowers, to playing cards.

Last edited:
Well it kinda gets old being fucked over by another country that supposed to be an ally.

Wonder how the Canadians will like all these tariffs??

Well it kinda gets old being fucked over by another country that supposed to be an ally.

Wonder how the Canadians will like all these tariffs??

Pretty small chunk based on PERCENTAGES if you ask me since there are only what 36 MILLION people up there! $300 - $312 BILLION total between us.

SOME Canadians decided not to buy a car this year, it was warm and they needed less oil. Hell, it could be a rounding error.

Do the percentages for chrissakes dumbass. This isn't a big deal.

What is the trade deficit between US and Canada?

However, data from Statistics Canada says the U.S. had a $14.6 billion trade deficit for goods and services with its neighbor to the north in 2016, according to Bloomberg. Data from both countries say that the U.S. imports more goods from Canada than it exports – the U.S. says the good trade deficit was $12.1 billion.Mar 5, 2018

Last edited:
I might just go out and buy "Made in America" tomorrow, just to spite these Canadian rat bast.ards. Canada isn't happy with the 19000+ tariffs we already have, on top of the countless hidden and covert tactics. Unfortunately, I was forced to buy a lawnmower already that was Made in Canada or I would have pursued it.

If Trump applies auto tariffs, it's all over, and he will be sure of a Red Wave come November. The exploitation of U.S and in turn, Canadian citizens, has to come to an end.

OTTAWA — The federal Liberal government is taking its cross-border trade dispute with the United States up a notch, unveiling an extensive final list of $16.6-billion worth of American imports that will be hit with retaliatory tariffs this weekend.

Ottawa also released details Friday of a financial aid package for industries caught in the crossfire — and it includes up to $2 billion in fresh funding and support for workers in Canada’s steel, aluminum and manufacturing sectors.

Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland unveiled the details — including a finished list of U.S. products on Canada’s hit list, which takes effect Sunday — during a news conference at a steel factory in Hamilton.

Aside from reciprocal tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from the U.S., the items to be subject to 10% duties come from a wide range of sectors — from ketchup, to lawn mowers, to playing cards.
Ah so those are the things Trump is increasing our taxes on. What a libtard.

Forum List

Back