"Living Wage" for Everyone?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
For those who support a "living wage" minimum of $15 per hour, how about applying that standard to everyone? We could then do away with other "entitlements" and just guarantee every adult $2500 per month. That would be a lot cheaper than what we are spending now.

Better yet reform and overhaul the corrupt insurance industry and turn the SBA back into an actual low cost loan program run by government employees for truly small business enterprises. Take away all the big government freebies for big business all the way around and let the people re-establish the economy with organic business enterprises. Reform the judiciary and legally slay every corrupt politician, lawyer and judge out there.

For those who support a "living wage" minimum of $15 per hour, how about applying that standard to everyone? We could then do away with other "entitlements" and just guarantee every adult $2500 per month. That would be a lot cheaper than what we are spending now.
No, why not just mandate a 15.hr wage for everyone. Doctors, hedge fund managers, engineers, fry cooks. Everyone makes the same. That's income equality!

Why not? Why not just $150 bucks in food stamps to assure no one goes hungry in America???

It can be as simple as that....or we can have 1,500 buck living wage/month.

I don't really understand the need to remain with work or die.

No, why not just mandate a 15.hr wage for everyone. Doctors, hedge fund managers, engineers, fry cooks. Everyone makes the same. That's income equality!

That is the left's ultimate goal.

Not for political whores though, due to the importance of their jobs they will get larger, classified "bonuses".

I don't understand what point you are trying to make. If we raised the minimum wage, millions of people would no longer be eligible for programs like food stamps and public housing.

I don't understand what point you are trying to make. If we raised the minimum wage, millions of people would no longer be eligible for programs like food stamps and public housing.

Oh bullshit, they'd just up the threshold.... the dependency class is too important to the DNC.

Why not? Why not just $150 bucks in food stamps to assure no one goes hungry in America???

It can be as simple as that....or we can have 1,500 buck living wage/month.

I don't really understand the need to remain with work or die.

Somebody's gotta work bub.. it just doesn't work that way. The problem isn't the minimum wage, the problem is people don't the skills to take them past $7/hr. Anyway, it' a myth that there are all these people trying to support families on MW. It just isn't true.

WELL, SOON<, VERY VERY SOON< WHEN PRIME MISTER BERNARD SANDERS TAKES OVER WE WILL BE MAKING A MILLION DOLLARS AN HOUR , BUT WE WON'T BE ABLE TO BUY ANYTHING BECAUSE STORE SHELVES WILL BE EMPTY, ASK THE CUBANS, VENEZUELANS

Oh bullshit, they'd just up the threshold.... the dependency class is too important to the DNC.
Thats so stupid. Polls show most Americans want a higher minimum wage - not more food stamps spending.

Thats so stupid. Polls show most Americans want a higher minimum wage - not more food stamps spending.

I'll say it again all you libs go right ahead raise the minimum wage in liberal businesses to $15 an hour there's nothing stopping you. Lead by example. Drink your own koolaid. Go ahead voluntarily do it.

Here's a thought... get out of minimum wage. Anyway, like I said, it's a bullshit issue, here's the breakdown:

• Disproportionately young: 50.4% are ages 16 to 24; 24% are teenagers (ages 16 to 19).
  • Mostly (77%) white; nearly half are white women.
  • Largely part-time workers (64% of the total).
Source:

Who makes minimum wage?

No one could afford to give up those benefits. In almost every state "welfare dependency" is the highest paying job. This is the problem.

Who gives a shit what polls show? Of course people want to be generous with others' money.

I'll say it again all you libs go right ahead raise the minimum wage in liberal businesses to $15 an hour there's nothing stopping you. Lead by example. Drink your own koolaid. Go ahead voluntarily do it.
WalMart raised the starting wage in all its stores. To great applause.
This week they announced they would be cutting everyone's hours to keep labor costs down.
DUH.

It would require violating the property rights of others in order to fund such a scheme. I oppose.

Forum List

Back