List some good science fiction movies.

th

*****SMILE*****

:)

Try Sean Connery's Outland. It's a crime drama on a huge Io colony that looks and feels like it's set in the same sci-fi universe as Alien. Frances Sternhagen steals the show as the station's grouch of a doctor.

Another good sci fi movie is "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage. He's a father who is trying to figure out a way to survive a coming apocalypse, all the while running from aliens who want his boy.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but would the film named Frequency starring Dennis Quaid be considered a science fiction movie?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Yes. It is based on a technological premise. It just happens to be a feel-good family/love story too.

I guess you could categorize it as 'time travel', in a very loose sense.

You know, if you have cable, and the SyFy channel is on it, I suggest watching a strange little quirky new series called "Happy". Now, granted, it's not exactly science fiction, but it's got a really good story.

Seems that a little girl was kidnapped, and her imaginary friend "Happy" (who is a flying blue unicorn with an extremely sunny disposition), escaped and went for help. He found it in her father who is a disgraced police detective who now does private work as a hitman (dirty, unkempt, and anything BUT a sunny disposition).

The story ain't half bad, and the jokes are extremely funny on occasion. If you have On Demand, I recommend binge watching and starting from the first episode.

Speaking of SyFy, Killjoys is a pretty decent science fiction show.

You know, if you have cable, and the SyFy channel is on it, I suggest watching a strange little quirky new series called "Happy". Now, granted, it's not exactly science fiction, but it's got a really good story.

Seems that a little girl was kidnapped, and her imaginary friend "Happy" (who is a flying blue unicorn with an extremely sunny disposition), escaped and went for help. He found it in her father who is a disgraced police detective who now does private work as a hitman (dirty, unkempt, and anything BUT a sunny disposition).

The story ain't half bad, and the jokes are extremely funny on occasion. If you have On Demand, I recommend binge watching and starting from the first episode.

Speaking of SyFy, Killjoys is a pretty decent science fiction show.

So far Happy is a good show. It's a bit of a niche show, though. It's got a lot of gratuitous violence and what might be called low humor.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but would the film named Frequency starring Dennis Quaid be considered a science fiction movie?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Yes. It is based on a technological premise. It just happens to be a feel-good family/love story too.

I guess you could categorize it as 'time travel', in a very loose sense.
Thank you. That film is one of my most favorites. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

How about Forbidden Planet from 1956? For its time, the production values were so fantastic, it still looks good even compared to today's special effects. And lots of really chilling moments, like the bizarre, alien footprints that invisible "mind monster" left wherever it went. The plot had an ambitious, pure, hard-core science fiction basis.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back