Lincoln said the Civil war was about taxes, not slavery...

Preserve the Union by defeating those who would kill to destroy it for the sake of evil? Yes.
FDR sucks cause he unconstitutionally imprisoned Japanese Americans.

Dishonest Abe is great cause he unconstitutionally warred on Americans.

The South wanted to leave peacefully, but Abe said fuck you... I will kill you to came you.

Yes. He was also all for secession until he wasn't. His war was illegal, and his administration was illegal thuggery. What the South did or didn't support is irrelevant; secession wasn't illegal and Lincoln started the war, so only his motivations matter, not the South's. Lincoln's and the Republican Party's motivations were to create a massive welfare program for railroads and northern commercial interests, and to do so at the expense of taxing the South to pay for Federal projects that only benefited a few northern states, that's it, that was his whole policy.

We also know exactly what he had in mind to do with all those 'freed' slaves; they were to be confined to their plantations and not allowed to leave without the owner's written permission, and paid $3 a month wages. That was Lincoln's idea of 'freedom' for slaves, keep that cotton a comin' boys!

Lincoln committed the first act of war, blockading another country's ports, recognized all over the world as an act of war, and still is. That was the first 'shot' fired.

The 'Preserving The Union' nonsense was just silly sloganeering; all he wanted to 'preserve' was a fat tariff that fell far heavier on Southern interests than it did on railroads and northern business interests, hardly a glorious noble 'goal.

Last edited:
Lincoln, when talking about collecting tariffs, was referring to the states unlawfully interfering and obstructing federal duty.

Lincoln was about Union first, and second, he would kill slavery if he could because it hurt the white workers of his race.

You all feel better now?

Abraham Lincoln repeatedly stated his war was caused by taxes only, and not by slavery, at all.

"My policy sought only to collect the Revenue (a 40 percent federal sales tax on imports to Southern States under the Morrill Tariff Act of 1861)." reads paragraph 5 of Lincoln's First Message to the U.S. Congress, penned July 4, 1861.

"I have no purpose, directly or in-directly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so," Lincoln said it his first inaugural on March 4 of the same year.

There is no proof of Lincoln ever declaring the war was fought to abolish slavery, and without such an official statement, the war-over-slavery teaching remains a complete lie and offensive hate speech that divides Americans, as is being done now by the media and politicians regarding the Confederate flag in South Carolina.

Slavery was NOT abolished; just the name was changed to sharecropper with over 5 million Southern whites and 3 million Southern blacks working on land stolen by Wall Street bankers.

White, black, Indian, Hispanic, Protestant, Catholic and Jewish Confederates valiantly stood as one in thousands of battles on land and sea. Afterwards, they attended Confederate Veterans' reunions together and received pensions from Southern States.

Photos of black Confederate veterans may be seen in Alabama's Archives in Scrapbook – 41st Reunion of United Confederate Veterans, Montgomery, June 2,3,4 and 5, 1931."

Lincoln did not claim slavery was a reason even in his Emancipation Proclamations on Sept. 22, 1862, and Jan. 1, 1863. Moreover, Lincoln's proclamations exempted a million slaves under his control from being freed (including General U.S. Grant's four slaves) and offered the South three months to return to the Union (pay 40 percent sales tax) and keep their slaves. None did. Lincoln affirmed his only reason for issuing was: "as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said (tax) rebellion."

Mrs. Grant wrote in her personal memoirs: "We rented our pretty little home (in St. Louis) and hired out our four servants to persons whom we knew and who promised to be kind to them. Eliza, Dan, Julia and John belonged to me. When I visited the General during the War, I nearly always had Julia with me as nurse."

Lincoln declared war to collect taxes in his two presidential war proclamations against the Confederate States, on April 15 and 19th, 1861: "Whereas an insurrection against the Government of the United States has broken out and the laws of the United States for the collection of the revenue cannot be effectually executed therein."

On Dec. 25, 1860, South Carolina declared unfair taxes to be a cause of secession: "The people of the Southern States are not only taxed for the benefit of the Northern States, but after the taxes are collected, three-fourths (75%) of them are expended at the North (to subsidize Wall Street industries that elected Lincoln)." (Paragraphs 5-8)

It was on April 8, 1861, that Lincoln, alone, started the war by a surprise attack on Charleston Harbor with a fleet of warships, led by the USS Harriet Lane, to occupy Fort Sumter, a Federal tax collection fort in the territorial waters of South Carolina and then invaded Virginia.

Abraham Lincoln said war was over taxes, not slavery

sorry but a "new birth of freedom" was not about taxes

Preserve the Union by defeating those who would kill to destroy it for the sake of evil? Yes.

The South wanted to leave peacefully, but Abe said fuck you... I will kill you to came you.

Yes. He was also all for secession until he wasn't. His war was illegal, and his administration was illegal thuggery. What the South did or didn't support is irrelevant; secession wasn't illegal and Lincoln started the war.......

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong. You are astonishingly ignorant.

Lincoln, when talking about collecting tariffs, was referring to the states unlawfully interfering and obstructing federal duty.

Horseshit, and we have the legislative records to prove exactly what their priorities were and the Republicans and northern commercial interested wanted. Try again, Jake.

Lincoln was about Union first, and second, he would kill slavery if he could because it hurt the white workers of his race.

You all feel better now?

Yes, he was a 'ship them all back to Africa fan', Jake. You support him, not anybody else, so we understand why you're sad he got assassinated before he could finish his dictatorship. All he managed to accomplish was far worse living conditions for blacks and poor whites as well. Naturally you're proud of that, apparently. We know Scat Boi Unkotare is.

Horseshit, and we have the legislative records to prove exactly what their priorities were and the Republicans and northern commercial interested wanted. Try again, Jake.

You all feel better now?

Yes, he was a 'ship them all back to Africa fan', Jake. You support him, not anybody else, so we understand why you're sad he got assassinated before he could finish his dictatorship. All he managed to accomplish was far worse living conditions for blacks and poor whites as well. Naturally you're proud of that, apparently. We know Scat Boi Unkotare is.

Did you fail History class in high school, dopey?

You all feel better now?

Picara, your irresponsibility in discussing these matters is exceeded by your lack of context and nuance.

He had the Congress end slavery in the territories in 1862.

He encourage his commanders to permit blacks to flee to Union lines.

He spanked the Congress in 1865 to pass the 13th Amendment and send it to the states for ratification.

Lincoln's comment about Africa was based on ignorance, the facts of which he rapidly overcame. He employed more than 100,000 black soldiers and sailors, 33000 of which died in preserving the Union. Lincoln saw the blacks as a means to an end, and so acted accordingly.

"Far worse living conditions for blacks and poor whites" is a typically silly and unfounded statement by such as you who have no knowledge of the subject. Do you have empirical data to support your claim? Of course not.

Yes. He was also all for secession until he wasn't. His war was illegal, and his administration was illegal thuggery. What the South did or didn't support is irrelevant; secession wasn't illegal and Lincoln started the war.......

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong. You are astonishingly ignorant.
You clearly are uninformed or brainwashed.

FDR a tyrant for imprisoning Japanese Americans ..

Lincoln great for murdering Southerns...

HYPOCRITE!!!

Lincoln is not necessarily made great merely because secession was wrong.

Lincoln said that there are good angels and bad angels and I listen to the better angels of my nature.

You all feel better now?

I gave you links to the history of quotes by Lincoln stating that the war was about taxes. I gave you links to Lincoln's bigotry quotes.

It is you that fails history. You try to justify the murders of 750,000 Americans for the profits of corporations. Fail.

March 4 he said that . Prior to The confederate traitors attacking U.S. soldiers in April.

Quit trying to rewrite history .

Right, the union soldiers went snooping around Fort Sumter and some yahoo fired a shot, thus causing the entire union army to attack the South.

You all feel better now?

I gave you links to the history of quotes by Lincoln stating that the war was about taxes. I gave you links to Lincoln's bigotry quotes.

It is you that fails history. You try to justify the murders of 750,000 Americans for the profits of corporations. Fail.

Lincoln actually offered the South a Constitutional Amendment to ensure slavery as a right so long as the South would return to the Union.

They declined so Lincoln sent in the troops.

The President is required to uphold the Constitution. Lincoln is great because he was up to the task.
(there4eyeM said that).

The President is required to uphold the Constitution. Lincoln is great because he was up to the task.
(there4eyeM said that).
He ignored the Constitution and committed treason by warring on fellow Americans. Look up the definition of treason in the Constitution...it has a picture of Dishonest Abe.

Forum List

Back