Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Limiting the religious rights of the law abiding is acceptable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are acceptable

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Neither is acceptable

Votes: 27 81.8%

• Total voters
Hunt for bear with a Glock do you? Or an AR-15?

And yes, I do hunt with an AR, and my Saiga is right with me as well
Hunting in this area (the upper Ohio River Valley) is like skiing is in Vail. I've yet to meet anyone who would hunt with an AR-15. Most of the hunters here use shotguns (in Ohio for deer and turkey) or a 30.06 rifle for deer (In Pennsylvania and West Virginia for deer).

It seems they enjoy the venison. A tough thing to do if eight or twelve rounds has been pumped into the deer. Most hunters revel in dropping their quarry with one shot, not emptying a clip into their prey.

I hunt squirrel, groundhog, and even deer with it... I certainly do not pump 8 or 12 rounds into a deer, and neither does any hunter I know... you're not going full auto spray with a tommy gun for deer.. who the hell said anything about putting as many shots as you can into a deer?? Nice reach, winger

Hunting in this area (the upper Ohio River Valley) is like skiing is in Vail. I've yet to meet anyone who would hunt with an AR-15. Most of the hunters here use shotguns (in Ohio for deer and turkey) or a 30.06 rifle for deer (In Pennsylvania and West Virginia for deer).

It seems they enjoy the venison. A tough thing to do if eight or twelve rounds has been pumped into the deer. Most hunters revel in dropping their quarry with one shot, not emptying a clip into their prey.

I hunt squirrel, groundhog, and even deer with it... I certainly do not pump 8 or 12 rounds into a deer, and neither does any hunter I know... you're not going full auto spray with a tommy gun for deer.. who the hell said anything about putting as many shots as you can into a deer?? Nice reach, winger
Psst... ask the troll what does more damage to the venison - .30-06 or .223 - and why he assumes you'd empty the AR's mag when shooting at the deer.

Last edited:

Psst... ask the troll what does more damage to the venison - .30-06 or .223...?

Yeah.. 60+ grains in my .223 and I'll go against anyone else with any other deer rifle.. it's about the shot, not the size of what you are shooting when hunting whitetail

And considering I was trained on the m-16, I kinda like the feel of what I am shooting from a familiarity aspect

Last edited:

If that's your hunting technique, then why have a magazine with so many rounds? Unless there is a legitimate use for such magazines, I and everyone else must assume that such magazines were designed to supply enough rounds to wreck havoc and kill as many people as possible. What is the virtue of a magazine that contains more rounds than 6 or 8 or 12 or 15 or 30? Somewhere along the line the light bulb must go on and the realization made that such weapons have no use other than mass murder.

Psst... ask the troll what does more damage to the venison - .30-06 or .223...?

Yeah.. 60+ grains in my .223 and I'll go against anyone else with any other deer rifle.. it's about the shot, not the size of what you are shooting when hunting whitetail
1: The right to arms is about killing people, not deer, and so any argument about the right to arms that involves hunting is irrelevant.
2: Anyone who mentions "emptying the magazine" when hunting - in any context, but especially when discussing using 'assault weapons' to hunt - either doesn't have a clue, or is willfully dishonest.

Like I said: Dont feed the troll.

If that's your hunting technique, then why have a magazine with so many rounds? Unless there is a legitimate use for such magazines, I and everyone else must assume that such magazines were designed to supply enough rounds to wreck havoc and kill as many people as possible. What is the virtue of a magazine that contains more rounds than 6 or 8 or 12 or 15 or 30? Somewhere along the line the light bulb must go on and the realization made that such weapons have no use other than mass murder.

HORSE SHIT.... a bomb, yeah, that is for mass murder.. and I don't go hunting with hand grenades, claymores, or IED's

And we know all those ancient hunters who only went out with 1 arrow.. hell, why have a quiver??... :rolleyes:

Not to mention also using my weapons at the range, and they are also in my house in case of any emergency...

You don't know jack shit beyond your winger agenda

HORSE SHIT....
Not just horse shit, but horse shit from an intellectually dishonest partisan bigot.

HORSE SHIT.... a bomb, yeah, that is for mass murder.. and I don't go hunting with hand grenades, claymores, or IED's

And we know all those ancient hunters who only went out with 1 arrow.. hell, why have a quiver??... :rolleyes:

Not to mention also using my weapons at the range, and they are also in my house in case of any emergency...

You don't know jack shit beyond your winger agenda
A 15 round magazine for emergencies? Send me a post card from your hometown which I'm assuming is Baghdad. Emergencies here in America don't call for such technology, unless you've been selling meth on someone else's turf.

And you get to determine someone's need? You want only 6 shots when your are defending yourself in an unknown situation?? You want to be hunting a bear or come across one while hunting and only have 6 shots available??

200 in a barrel clip, I might agree with you on high capacity... but if you enjoy going to the range and firing off that many on full auto on your tommy gun, so be it... but 6 is not high capacity, sorry Charlie

I need 5 tons of fertilizer and 40 bottles of Sudafed. Why cant I get them?

In actuality.. you can.. farmer up the street orders more fertilizer than that, and the local mom and pop store orders way more than 40 bottles of sudafed at a time

Will I agree to register whatever weapon I purchase?? Sure.. no skin off my nose... but I sure as hell will not agree to have a 6 shot clip on my Bushmaster or go away from my 12 shot clips on my Saiga..

Did I mention I'm not a farmer and I dont own a store? Why cant I order my fertilizer and Sudafed?

One shot kills one person.

It can but doesn't always. Explains why some people escaped from that theater with their lives after being shot.

Having dozens of shots allows you to shoot up a theater or class room or restaurant.

It also allows you to possibly save your own life depending on the situation. Probably very rare, yes, but probably less rare than going to a theater and experiencing that which happened in Aurora, Colorado.

I could theoretically toss a 50 lb bag of road salt off a bridge onto a car speeding down a freeway, smashing the windshield and killing the driver, causing the car to swerve into the car next to it, killing the families in both cars while they cause a multi-car crash that claims the lives of 10, maybe more people. Would the appropriate response be to ban road salt in 50 lb bags? ...or perhaps ban road salt altogether? Maybe ban anything that comes in 50 lb bags or more?

Last edited:

It can but doesn't always. Explains why some people escaped from that theater with their lives after being shot.

Having dozens of shots allows you to shoot up a theater or class room or restaurant.

It also allows you to possibly save your own life depending on the situation. Probably very rare, yes, but probably less rare than going to a theater and experiencing that happened in Colorado.

I could theoretically toss a 50 lb bag of road salt off a bridge onto a car speeding down a freeway, smashing the windshield and killing the driver, causing the car to swerve into the car next to it, killing the families in both cars while they cause a multi-car crash that claims the lives of 10, maybe more people. Would the appropriate response be to ban road salt in 50 lb bags? ...or perhaps ban road salt altogether? Maybe ban anything that comes in 50 lb bags or more?

If rock salt was designed specifically to kill people, you may have a point. What are high capacity magazines designed for? Is there some use I've over looked? What is the virtue of a high capacity magazine?

It also allows you to possibly save your own life depending on the situation. Probably very rare, yes, but probably less rare than going to a theater and experiencing that which happened in Aurora, Colorado.
The right to arms is all about killing people who are, presumably, trying to kill you; the 2nd amndment exists so you will always have access to the means necessary to do so.
In that, you need all the ammunition capacity you can get.

Did this Some Guy dude just compare high capacity magazines to rock salt. Desperation much?

Did this Some Guy dude just compare high capacity magazines to rock salt. Desperation much?
No one seems to be able to describe the virtue of a high capacity magazine! I think there are plenty of Mall Ninjas and Keyboard Commandos who think that, if they were in the theater and armed, somehow they would be able to stop the shooter without harming anyone else. In the confusion, darkness and tear gas, I don't think any of the Rambo wannabes could do anything but quake in fear.

The reality is there would be more innocents shot if the patrons of the theater were all packing. Imagine fifteen or twenty handguns firing fifteen or twenty shots apiece hoping that their target was really the shooter and not someone else with a Barney Fife complex hopped up on Mountain Dew and adrenaline.

Alright. Since you want to frame the argument to make it easier on you; YES I believe that 'rights' of law abiding citizens should be amended to protect society even if a lone lunatic abuses his privilege.
-Why- do you believe that the religious rights of Muslims should be restricted because a tiny fraction of them might hijack a plane and fly it into a skyscraper?
No. Airliners were no specifically designed to kill as many people as fast as possible, unlike guns with high capacity magazines.

What is the virtue of a high capacity magazine?

Beg pardon? Almost every "high capacity" disaster involves airliners. Whenever you're considering several hundreds of passengers in one conveyance, you have to consider the number of people you can wipe out with one act.

I need 5 tons of fertilizer and 40 bottles of Sudafed. Why cant I get them?

In actuality.. you can.. farmer up the street orders more fertilizer than that, and the local mom and pop store orders way more than 40 bottles of sudafed at a time

Will I agree to register whatever weapon I purchase?? Sure.. no skin off my nose... but I sure as hell will not agree to have a 6 shot clip on my Bushmaster or go away from my 12 shot clips on my Saiga..

Did I mention I'm not a farmer and I dont own a store? Why cant I order my fertilizer and Sudafed?

And I am not a mental patient or a felon, you know.. those that are restricted from buying weapons

but this is not restricting amounts to BUY.. I am sure you would/could get a watchful eye if you bought 5 tons of gunpowder, unless you were a ammo manufacturer...

What next? Limiting the amount of times you can swing a sword in self defense?? No quivers that can hold more than 5 arrows?? It is about a delivery method. Linda like making double coronas illegal and saying you can only smoke cigarillos... or you can only buy beers in a 2 pack

What are high capacity magazines designed for?

Holding more ammo in a single clip. That was easy.

More ammo for what purpose?

For long hunting trips.. for not reloading 5 times when you are in a shooting competition... for shooting as many squirrels as you can without having to reload... for taking out a hoard of 10 zombies... for taking out the 11 people that just broke in to your mansion... for making an uninterrupted smiley face on your paper target... for trying to fell a small sapling in 1 clip for shits and giggles... for putting 20 shots in a charging polar bear...

You want more??

Forum List

Back