Limbaugh: Heat index is a liberal government conspiracy

How does pointing out that the heat index was contrived by a couple of weather nerds at NWS constitute a plot?
July 20, 2011
RUSH: They're playing games with us on this heat wave again. Even Drudge is getting sucked in here, gonna be 116 in Washington. No, it's not. It's gonna be like a hundred. Maybe 99. The heat index, manufactured by the government, to tell you what it feels like when you add the humidity in there, 116. When's the last time the heat index was reported as an actual temperature? It hasn't been, but it looks like they're trying to get away with doing that now.

what about wind chill? another government conspiracy?

no, but relative humidity is a tool of the devil.
Missing the boat on two counts:

1) As I've pointed out at least twice in this thread, wind chill is based upon exposure times of bare flesh to freezing temperatures, viz. the point at which said exposed flesh freezes. This is objectively quantifiable and repeatable in controlled conditions.

The mythical "heat index" has no such objective measurements. It was cooked up *heh* by a couple of guys at NWS (probably as a part of their PhD thesis) to try and determine the indeterminate...how people experience the heat.

From Wiki:
Measurements have been taken based on subjective descriptions of how hot subjects feel for a given temperature and humidity,
Heat index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) Rush never claimed it was a gubmint conspiracy....That's what the moonbats at MediaMoonbats say he said.

whatever, dude.

i didn't care when i posted in this thread, and i certainly don't care now. the fat tub of goo can go on milking the not very bright among us till the cows come home.

it makes no odds to me.

Ask me how much I love the far left falling all overthemselves trying to discredit Limbaugh but in the same sentence saying he's a nut.

Check out any "Rush" thread on this message board.........it invariably goes 200.......300......400 or more posts. The far lefties get mental when his name is even mentioned.:2up:

This gem from today's Rush Limbaugh show by the way....................

rushlimbaughsmoke-thumb-8.jpg

well.......I threw in "s0ns" but Rush said "sorry to the k00ks......"

no, but relative humidity is a tool of the devil.

1) As I've pointed out at least twice in this thread, wind chill is based upon exposure times of bare flesh to freezing temperatures, viz. the point at which said exposed flesh freezes. This is objectively quantifiable and repeatable in controlled conditions.

The mythical "heat index" has no such objective measurements. It was cooked up *heh* by a couple of guys at NWS (probably as a part of their PhD thesis) to try and determine the indeterminate...how people experience the heat.

From Wiki:
Measurements have been taken based on subjective descriptions of how hot subjects feel for a given temperature and humidity,

2) Rush never claimed it was a gubmint conspiracy....That's what the moonbats at MediaMoonbats say he said.

whatever, dude.

i didn't care when i posted in this thread, and i certainly don't care now. the fat tub of goo can go on milking the not very bright among us till the cows come home.

it makes no odds to me.
You'd care if you had stated a material fact to the subject at hand.

Rush says what he says and gets wackaloons like edthebedwetter all riled up when he says it....That's his schtick.

My personal experience is training in EMS and aviation meteorology...The comparison of wind chill and "heat index" doesn't fly physiologically, nor does it *heh* fly from an aviation standpoint....In fact, in the context of aerodynamics, the "heat index" is actually even higher, when you're mixing heat, humidity and altitude, in computing lift requited to keep the aircraft aloft...We flyboys call that one "density altitude", which is also physically reproducible and testable.

Who are we supposed to believe now?

Last edited:

From Wiki:

whatever, dude.

it makes no odds to me.
You'd care if you had stated a material fact to the subject at hand.

Rush says what he says and gets wackaloons like edthebedwetter all riled up when he says it....That's his schtick.

My personal experience is training in EMS and aviation meteorology...The comparison of wind chill and "heat index" doesn't fly physiologically, nor does it *heh* fly from an aviation standpoint....In fact, in the context of aerodynamics, the "heat index" is actually even higher, when you're mixing heat, humidity and altitude, in computing lift requited to keep the aircraft aloft...We flyboys call that one "density altitude", which is also physically reproducible and testable.

Who are we supposed to believe now?

what part of *who cares?* continues to elude you?

i'm not sure which is more pathetic, ed's obsession with fat boy or your apparent resolve to defend him to the last bullet.

either way, i get a good chuckle out of it :thup:

The only thing I'm defending here are the scientifically provable facts behind the "heat index" versus those of wind chill....Which amount to a popcorn fart, in the case of the former.

As for who said what, about who printed what, in whatever media release, I couldn't care less.

The only thing I'm defending here are the scientifically provable facts behind the "heat index" versus those of wind chill....Which amount to a popcorn fart, in the case of the former.

As for who said what, about who printed what, in whatever media release, I couldn't care less.

LOL. You are defending your status as a resident idiot very well, thank you.:lol:

The "heat index" is a cleverly crafted phrase meant to illicit a degree of hysteria from the masses. THAT shit sells on the BooB. ANybody with the IQ of a handball can figure that out.

LOL. Wind chill is how much air movement will increase your heat loss at a certain temperature. Heat index is how much humidity will decrease the ability of sweating to cool your body. For anyone that has worked in either extreme, you understand the terms instinctively. Of course, ol' fatass has never worked a day in his life, so he wouldn't know about either one.

How does pointing out that the heat index was contrived by a couple of weather nerds at NWS constitute a plot?

Ask Limbaugh. He's the one suggesting it was some sort of conspiracy, when the index was actually developed non-governmentally and only later adopted by the weather service.

OKLAHOMA CITY — The number of heat-related deaths in Oklahoma this summer now stands at five — with eight more possible cases pending.

Spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard at the state medical examiner's office said Friday that the latest confirmed death due to the heat is a 25-year-old Tulsa man. Ballard says the man died July 19 after working at a construction site that day.

The National Weather Service in Tulsa reports the high that day was 102 degrees.

Ballard says the death toll could rise to 13. She says autopsies are pending on eight more cases of possible heat-related deaths.

Heat-related deaths in Okla. now stands at 5 | Tulsa World

OMG 5 maybe 13?

Call out the national fucking guard!!!!! :lol:

I'm sure those poor fuckers died because it "felt" hotter than it was.

LOL. Your obese junkie is a liar. Don't listen to him, but enough people do that I have to show what simpletons they are for even listening to such a liar. And that is exactly what has been demonstrated here by the defense of the idiot. Retards defending the drivel of a retard. Funnier than hell.

First they claim that the Heat Index is just a 'feeling'. Then they state, 'well it was a joke'. Then back to it is just a 'feeling'. LOL
Pure emotionalism. That's all you've got.

Whats hilarious is the fact Rush obviously get more attention from the left than from the right. Seriously, I don't personally know anyone who listens to him unless its for a laugh. Matter of fact, I wouldn't know what he says at all if it weren't for the left crying about him. Whatever Limbaugh's intentions may be on his radio show, it does manage to get the left to listen. Ever think this might be his point? I do, I have a hard time believing in people like that on both sides. I believe they are just there to get people to hate the other side. But hey you guys go right on ahead thinking all non-lefties listen to or follow his preaching. And then when you wake up and realize you may have voted for a leftie but ya got a centrist after all, maybe then you will stop buying into the talk radio BS artists... LOL You people are too funny.

They operate purely on emotion, G. And their primary emotion is anger. Listening to Rush just feeds it. That's what they're after: They WANT to be angry. It's like a drug.
You just can't stop yourself from projecting! :rofl::lmao:
Really? How many threads have I started about Olbermann, filled with big bold font, screeching about what a liar he is?

You listen to Rush more than I do. Guaranteed. And you do it just to get angry. Guaranteed.

Forum List

Back