Limbaugh: Heat index is a liberal government conspiracy

R

rdean

Denying Existence Of Record Heat Wave, Limbaugh Suggests The Heat Index Is A Government Conspiracy

Rush Limbaugh: They’re playing games with us on this heat wave, again. Even Drudge, drudge getting sucked in here. Gonna be a 116 in Washington. No, it’s not. It’s going to be a 100, maybe 99. The heat index, manufactured by the government, they tell you what it feels like when you add the humidity in there. 116 - When’s the last time the heat index was reported as an actual temperature? It hasn’t been. But it looks like they’re trying to get away with doing that now.

It’s Not the Heat, It’s the Stupidity: Limbaugh Calls Heat Index a Liberal Government Conspiracy

---------------------------------------

Wow, I love Republicans and their "science". 6% seems vastly overblown.

Temperature+humidity of the air=heat index. Higher humidity=the body is less able to remove the heat away from its self.

The wind chill is based on temperature+wind and if the air is drier then that can help to remove the warm layer away from the body.

It is very real science. I don't understand why limbaugh thinks this way as some of his economic idea's of a balanced budget sound pretty good and are simple common sense.

Temperature+humidity of the air=heat index. Higher humidity=the body is less able to remove the heat away from its self.

The wind chill is based on temperature+wind and if the air is drier then that can help to remove the warm layer away from the body.

It is very real science. I don't understand why limbaugh thinks this way as some of his economic idea's of a balanced budget sound pretty good and are simple common sense.
While wind chill is largely based upon the point at which your skin will become frostbitten, something objectively quantifiable, the heat index "feels like" thingy is entirely subjective.

I've been in 110° heat in Vegas and not been anywhere near as uncomfortable as Minneapolis at 90°, with 60% humidity.

Sure he said it....I even heard him say it and laughed my ass off.

Thing is that the dopes at Media Moonbatters and other leftloon "watchdog" sites are so devoid of humor that they can't even noticed that they're being tweaked. :lol:

Then he didn't mean it?

While wind chill is largely based upon the point at which your skin will become frostbitten, something objectively quantifiable, the heat index "feels like" thingy is entirely subjective.

I've been in 110° heat in Vegas and not been anywhere near as uncomfortable as Minneapolis at 90°, with 60% humidity.

that's kind of the point of a heat index.

But it's entirely subjective, whereas the wind chill is based upon quantifiable data.

The "feels like" aspect of the heat index begs the question; "to whom?"

In any case, I heard the whole riff yesterday...If it had come from the pie hole of someone like Colbert or Jon Lebowitz, lefty dopes like rdipschitt would be touting it as "brilliant satire".

Hey Oddie, it ain't subjective. Your body cannot rid itself of the heat in a high humidity situation as well as it can in a low humidity situation at the same temperature. When your sweat cannot evaporate because of the humidity, it cannot cool you. This becomes critical when the temps are above 80 degrees.

But it's entirely subjective, whereas the wind chill is based upon quantifiable data.

In any case, I heard the whole riff yesterday...If it had come from the pie hole of someone like Colbert or Jon Lebowitz, lefty dopes like rdipschitt would be touting it as "brilliant satire".

whatever

i don't have the deep emotional investment in this that you seem to have.

The Heat Index is something invented by weather people to increase ratings. Hysteria sells and the media knows there are tens of millions sitting in front of their BooB at 6PM waiting to get hysterical. Hysteria sells lots of stuff.......and dupes alot of people. Some dolthead at work yesterday said it is going to be 109 degrees in New York today.:D Lots of dummies out there to take advantage of.

Liberals have just seized upon the opportunity to promote this crap..........anything to up the ante with the alarmism.

Last edited:
Denying Existence Of Record Heat Wave, Limbaugh Suggests The Heat Index Is A Government Conspiracy

Rush Limbaugh: They’re playing games with us on this heat wave, again. Even Drudge, drudge getting sucked in here. Gonna be a 116 in Washington. No, it’s not. It’s going to be a 100, maybe 99. The heat index, manufactured by the government, they tell you what it feels like when you add the humidity in there. 116 - When’s the last time the heat index was reported as an actual temperature? It hasn’t been. But it looks like they’re trying to get away with doing that now.

It’s Not the Heat, It’s the Stupidity: Limbaugh Calls Heat Index a Liberal Government Conspiracy

I swear this man is certifiably retarded.

And his followers are certifiably retardER.

I swear this man is certifiably retarded.

And his followers are certifiably retardER.

funny though s0n...........the retards are winning!!!:lol::lol::fu: The genius' had their shot and fcukked it up!!! Its actualy not even funny........its fcukking hysterical.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

Last edited:

whatever

i don't have the deep emotional investment in this that you seem to have.
I haven't any real investment here, other than to point out that when someone like Limpbagh makes outrageous statements -meant primarily to tweak liberoidal nutbars like rdipschitt, Old Rocksinthehead and the putzes at Media Moonbats- they're presented as though completely serious, while lefty fruitcakes who do the same kind of material, like Colbert and Liebowitz, are touted as the funniest guys on the planet.

Oddie, old dumb ass, the wingnuts on this board are joining you in stating that the "heat index" is a figment of imagination. It ain't just the obese junkie that is completely into denial of reality.

Oddie, old dumb ass, the wingnuts on this board are joining you in stating that the "heat index" is a figment of imagination. It ain't just the obese junkie that is completely into denial of reality.
The reality is that the "heat index" is entirely subjective, you fool.

As I already mentioned, a 90° with 60% humidity is far more uncomfortable to me than a 110 day in Vegas or Phoenix, even though the former numbers work out to a "heat index" of 100°......Heat Index Calculation

The main thrust of Limpbaghs rant was that media flakes use the formula to inflate and sensationalize how hot it is in the summer....Which is true of everything they report on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back