Limbaugh at the end of his rope?

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Has Rush Limbaugh Finally Reached The End Of The Road? - Forbes

A show like Limbaugh’s is wholly reliant on his listeners’ willingness to believe—or suspend belief—no matter how ‘out there’ their guru’s arguments may be. While it is one thing for me to sneer at much of what Limbaugh may present, it is quite another when he attempts to sell his loyal audience on stuff they already know, through personal experience, to be false and fraudulent hokum.

Upon hearing the news of Colbert’s new gig, Limbaugh pronounced— as only Limbaugh can pronounce—

“CBS has just declared war on the heartland of America. No longer is comedy going to be a covert assault on traditional American values, conservatism. Now it’s just wide out in the open. What this hire means is a redefinition of what is funny, and a redefinition of what is comedy. They’re blowing up the 11:30 format… they hired a partisan, so-called comedian, to run a comedy show.

is the Rotund One finally biting the dust? It seems he has been down before, but......

He sounded pretty good today for a guy "at the end of his rope". He raises a couple of million for the blood cancer research every year with a couple of days telethon. He is a direct sponsor of the "Marine Corps/Law enforcement institute". What's not to love? The poor guy lost his total hearing a couple of years ago and is working with an electronic gadget in his inner ear together with the technology that instantly converts spoken language to printed words and he does better than the laughable attempt of Alec Baldwin on his best day to be a radio host. The question is why he is a gigantic target of the left when he is just a small voice on the radio.

A show like Limbaugh’s is wholly reliant on his listeners’ willingness to believe—or suspend belief—no matter how ‘out there’ their guru’s arguments may be. While it is one thing for me to sneer at much of what Limbaugh may present, it is quite another when he attempts to sell his loyal audience on stuff they already know, through personal experience, to be false and fraudulent hokum.

Upon hearing the news of Colbert’s new gig, Limbaugh pronounced— as only Limbaugh can pronounce—

“CBS has just declared war on the heartland of America. No longer is comedy going to be a covert assault on traditional American values, conservatism. Now it’s just wide out in the open. What this hire means is a redefinition of what is funny, and a redefinition of what is comedy. They’re blowing up the 11:30 format… they hired a partisan, so-called comedian, to run a comedy show.

is the Rotund One finally biting the dust? It seems he has been down before, but......

In the world of prognostication Rush is a master.

He knew, even before Obama began his White House occupancy that Barry would be a failure if he succeeded in accomplishing his goals.

And Rush has been 100% vindicated.

You, on the other hand, in trying to predict RUSH's future based on his interpretation of Colbert's ascendency, are just playing with yourself in the open.

Last edited:
He sounded pretty good today...

That you even admit to listening is both sad and telling.

What false and fraudulent hokum did you fall for today?

The fact that you think it's important that I might "admit to listening" is both sad and freaking chilling and reminiscent of a time in Europe in the 30's when "admitting to listening" was a crime.

I was wondering why it took over a month before the April 14 story showed up here. Then I realized some liberal parasite posting it had to have an adult read it to him, sounding out each word......

Let's hope so but I'd prefer he was literally at the end of a rope.

Remember when Rush "lost all his sponsors" a while back? He was finished, done.

Some of those sponsors came back to advertise and were refused. They were replaced as soon as they left.

You see, the Left wingnuts absolutely hate humor on the radio. Especially when it's at their expense. But there's so much for Rush to work with!

The Left has been trying to silence free speech for years now. They despise Rush's success as well as Hannity's and Beck's. They do not want a media they cannot control and silence opposition. It amazes me that free thinking Americans (like both listeners of Ed Schultz's radio program) want Rush "removed from the airwaves" simply because they disagree with him.

I'll guess that 90% of Rush's listeners do not agree with 100% of what he says. I sure don't. But he is entertaining.

Last edited:
Television Advertisers are going to slit their own throats of they ignore the 76.4 million of baby boomer seniors who also by products.

Some of those sponsors came back to advertise and were refused. They were replaced as soon as they left.

You see, the Left wingnuts absolutely hate humor on the radio. Especially when it's at their expense. But there's so much for Rush to work with!

The Left has been trying to silence free speech for years now. They despise Rush's success as well as Hannity's and Beck's. They do not want a media they cannot control and silence opposition. It amazes me that free thinking Americans (like both listeners of Ed Schultz's radio program) want Rush "removed from the airwaves" simply because they disagree with him.

I'll guess that 90% of Rush's listeners do not agree with 100% of what he says. I sure don't. But he is entertaining.

Oh, yeah, how could we forget about Rush losing all his sponsors. Fortunately, at least in here, we had JoeB bring to our attention that WLS "the Big 89" in Chicago was forced to air only PSAs and self-promos because all sponsors had cancelled. It was 100% bullshit, in other words a lie, but his fellow low information pukes in here read it and believed it and likely passed it on to others. So for JB, mission accomplished.

In time Mr. Limbaugh's popularity will fade.

It's a natural cycle - like climate change.

It's like Broadway shows. Sometimes the public likes comedy. Then it fades. Then the public likes drama. Then it fades. Then the public likes musicals. Than that, too fades.

All the effort extremists make to speed the cycle only succeed in slowing it down.

So, advice to liberals, Marxists and outright Communists - tune out, turn off and shut up and all will conclude as nature dictates. Human nature in the case of radio and TV formats. Genuine nature in the case of climate cycling.

Or keep busting your hump, sweating a lot, and pissing away your money on causes.

How better to stir up your listeners than by declaring war. This is just advertising. Rush is not my cup of tea, but he's a hell of a lot smarter than those who have been predicting his failure for the last 25 or so years....

Funny...I wonder they all are now?:eusa_whistle:

Oh, yeah, how could we forget about Rush losing all his sponsors. Fortunately, at least in here, we had JoeB bring to our attention that WLS "the Big 89" in Chicago was forced to air only PSAs and self-promos because all sponsors had cancelled. It was 100% bullshit, in other words a lie, but his fellow low information pukes in here read it and believed it and likely passed it on to others. So for JB, mission accomplished.

No actually that's true. I don't know about Chicago but it was happening in New York (WABC if memory serves). And Premiere itself (Limblob's distributor) suspended its own advertising for IIRC a week, just to let the heat die down (and no doubt, under pressure from those advertisers). So they weren't sending out the national ads in the feed at all for that period.

Forum List

Back