Liberals you bashed bush for allowing this

Correction More young people do.

Got a link?

Everything I've found points to a vast majority of Americans getting their news from the internet, not just young people.
Survey: More Americans get news from Internet than newspapers or radio - CNN

Google the key words 30,000 detained in Iraq without any charges and see if any of those media sources that supported obama will have any information on the subject?ABC CBS NBC CNN MSNBC MEDIA MATTERS PBS. Come on you can do it

CNN:Amnesty: Iraq holds up to 30,000 detainees without trial - CNN

And, btw: Media Matters isn't a news site. They're a watchdog group.

Got a link?

Everything I've found points to a vast majority of Americans getting their news from the internet, not just young people.
Survey: More Americans get news from Internet than newspapers or radio - CNN

Google the key words 30,000 detained in Iraq without any charges and see if any of those media sources that supported obama will have any information on the subject?ABC CBS NBC CNN MSNBC MEDIA MATTERS PBS. Come on you can do it

So if media matters is a watchdog source, surely you would be able to find something on this. Being they are a watchdog group.....humm...

So if media matters is a watchdog source, surely you would be able to find something on this. Being they are a watchdog group.....humm...

They're a liberal watchdog group. All they care about is fact-checking Republican speeches.

They're a liberal watchdog group. All they care about is fact-checking Republican speeches.

So if you admit they are a liberal group and all they care about is checking republicans. is it so hard to imagine they might lie about them as well? :)

So if you admit they are a liberal group and all they care about is checking republicans. is it so hard to imagine they might lie about them as well? :)

Unlikely.

This is the thing - everyone (particularly on this board) loves to throw the word "lying" around all the time. But 90% of what people claim is "lying" is lying by omission, or just not telling the whole truth (which is standard practice of rhetoric). I don't think Media Matters lies. But there's no question they don't tell the whole truth.

BTW, I didn't "admit" that Media Matters is a liberal watchdog group - they've never claimed otherwise.

Last edited:

Unlikely.

This is the thing - everyone (particularly on this board) loves to throw the word "lying" around all the time. But 90% of what people claim is "lying" is lying by omission, or just not telling the whole truth (which is standard practice of rhetoric). I don't think Media Matters lies. But there's no question they don't tell the whole truth.

BTW, I didn't "admit" that Media Matters is a liberal watchdog group - they've never claimed otherwise.

Not telling the whole truth is the same as a lie.

What media matters does, not just some of the time, but almost all of the time. Is take people out of context completely and attempt to misrepresent what they were actually saying.

How is that not lying?

Unlikely.

What media matters does, not just some of the time, but almost all of the time. Is take people out of context completely and attempt to misrepresent what they were actually saying.

How is that not lying?

Because it's not lying. It's rhetoric.

Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck do the same thing, and it's not lying when they do it either.

Unlikely.

How is that not lying?

Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck do the same thing, and it's not lying when they do it either.

Semantics and I agree Beck and Hannity do do it as well.

However I do think Rhetoric is lying when you purposely try and mislead people about what someone said.

Unlikely.

I got to call bullshit on this one.
No BULL FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that not lying?

However I do think Rhetoric is lying when you purposely try and mislead people about what someone said.

Agreed

Unlikely.

Eh?

English, please?

How is that not lying?

It is semantics. But semantics are important.

Unlikely.

Eh?

English, please?

Playing dumb will not work with me. You know what you posted was Bullshit.
Or do we have a new definition of the meaning of Bullshit?

Eh?

English, please?

Playing dumb will not work with me. You know what you posted was Bullshit.
Or do we have a new definition of the meaning of Bullshit?

What are you claiming is "bullshit"?

Everything in this post you wrote
Unlikely.

Another reason we should have stayed the fuck out of Iraq

Yet obama is still allowing it to happen.

What choice does he have? Look at the government Republicans set up in Iraq.

Besides, what were Republicans doing when Iraq's Christians were being slaughtered?

What choice does he have?

The only way this question would make any sense is if Obama is totally powerless, and can only do exactly what Bush and the Republicans want him to do. If that is the way the world works, I only have one, small, question.

Why the fuck did we even bother to have an election?

Now lets hear what you have to say about obama and torture?

Colm O’Gorman, executive director of Amnesty International Ireland, said Iraq’s security forces have been responsible for systematic human rights abuses while their government looks the other way. And the US authorities have handed over thousands of people to face this catalogue of violence and abuse.

Read more: 30,000 Iraqis held without trial and at risk of torture | Irish Examiner

This liberal continually bashed Obama for this and every other human rights abuse that continues or is exacerbated under his watch or on his orders (there are dozens of examples).

Hell, according to the UN Convention Against Torture, to which the US is a signatory, Obama and Holder are committing serious crimes by refusing to prosecute the architects and practitioners of the Bush torture regime. Even if they weren't complicit in current and ongoing torture (they are), they are now guilty of shielding those responsible for war crimes from prosecution for political expediency, which international law condemns as nearly as serious a crime as torture itself.

Those who excuse Obama's behavior re: torture, aggressive war, excessive secrecy, surveillance, and everything else they (rightly) railed against under Bush reveal themselves as nothing more than simple insincere hypocrites.

Last edited:
Now lets hear what you have to say about obama and torture?

Colm O’Gorman, executive director of Amnesty International Ireland, said Iraq’s security forces have been responsible for systematic human rights abuses while their government looks the other way. And the US authorities have handed over thousands of people to face this catalogue of violence and abuse.

Read more: 30,000 Iraqis held without trial and at risk of torture | Irish Examiner

This liberal continually bashed Obama for this and every other human rights abuse that continues or is exacerbated under his watch or on his orders (there are dozens of examples).

Hell, according to the UN Convention Against Torture, to which the US is a signatory, Obama and Holder are committing serious crimes by refusing to prosecute the architects and practitioners of the Bush torture regime. Even if they weren't complicit in current and ongoing torture (they are), they are now guilty of shielding those responsible for war crimes from prosecution for political expediency, which international law condemns as nearly as serious a crime as torture itself.

Those who excuse Obama's behavior re: torture, aggressive war, excessive secrecy, surveillance, and everything else they (rightly) railed against under Bush reveal themselves as nothing more than simple insincere hypocrites.
Horseshit There is no back to back daily coverage of this in the media. But I do see CNN did a report via the internet.

Forum List

Back