Liberals you bashed bush for allowing this

Horseshit There is no back to back daily coverage of this in the media. But I do see CNN did a report via the internet.

What is horseshit? What are you talking about?

You quoted my reply and asked what I am talking about? Let's go back to 2006 to 2008 thats all you woulkd hear about Bush, Gitmo torture. Now we ahve the same thing and nothing from the mainstream media. Now thats Horseshit.

I didn't say the major media outlets are talking about Obama's complicity in torture, still running Gitmo, ordering the imprisonment and even assassination of people without due process, etc. They're not really or they're burying it in back pages.

I said this liberal (me) bashes Obama about it just like I bashed Bush about it and criticized those who bashed Bush but don't bash Obama for the same as insincere hypocrites. Policies that were wrong under Bush are no less wrong just because Obama's in office.

It seemed (please clarify) you were saying my post is horseshit because the corporate media doesn't report with vigor on Obama's war crimes, but I'm not sure what that has to do with my post or how it refutes any of it.

Playing dumb will not work with me. You know what you posted was Bullshit.
Or do we have a new definition of the meaning of Bullshit?

What are you claiming is "bullshit"?

Everything in this post you wrote
They're a liberal watchdog group. All they care about is fact-checking Republican speeches.
Unlikely.

This is the thing - everyone (particularly on this board) loves to throw the word "lying" around all the time. But 90% of what people claim is "lying" is lying by omission, or just not telling the whole truth (which is standard practice of rhetoric). I don't think Media Matters lies. But there's no question they don't tell the whole truth.
BTW, I didn't "admit" that Media Matters is a liberal watchdog group - they've never claimed otherwise.

So, I guess you really, really can't read.

Or at least don't speak english.

Media Matters is a liberal watchdog group. They've never claimed otherwise. There is no need to "admit" something that is common knowledge.

Saying I "admit" that they're a liberal group implies that they pretend not to be one. Which is not true.

You really should have paid more attention in english class, I think.

I didn't say the major media outlets are talking about Obama's complicity in torture, still running Gitmo, ordering the imprisonment and even assassination of people without due process, etc. They're not really or they're burying it in back pages.

I said this liberal (me) bashes Obama about it just like I bashed Bush about it and criticized those who bashed Bush but don't bash Obama for the same as insincere hypocrites. Policies that were wrong under Bush are no less wrong just because Obama's in office.

It seemed (please clarify) you were saying my post is horseshit because the corporate media doesn't report with vigor on Obama's war crimes, but I'm not sure what that has to do with my post or how it refutes any of it.

I misread the liberal (me) part I thought you were talking about the liberal media or what I call the mainstream media. Don't you agree, that it's time the media started doing what they use to do, report the news even if it goes against their beloved obama? This is what dictators are made of created by. A blind and biased media.

What are you claiming is "bullshit"?

Unlikely.

This is the thing - everyone (particularly on this board) loves to throw the word "lying" around all the time. But 90% of what people claim is "lying" is lying by omission, or just not telling the whole truth (which is standard practice of rhetoric). I don't think Media Matters lies. But there's no question they don't tell the whole truth.
BTW, I didn't "admit" that Media Matters is a liberal watchdog group - they've never claimed otherwise.

Media Matters is a liberal watchdog group. They've never claimed otherwise. There is no need to "admit" something that is common knowledge.

Saying I "admit" that they're a liberal group implies that they pretend not to be one. Which is not true.

Don't insult my intelligence. You may think you are smarter then me by my writing skills but I can read and read correctly what you said.

Don't insult my intelligence. You may think you are smarter then me by my writing skills but I can read and read correctly what you said.

Clearly you cannot, since you clearly did NOT read correctly what I said.

As in, there was no need to "admit" anything, since Media Matters has NEVER CLAIMED to NOT be a liberal watchdog group.

Now do you understand?

Clearly you cannot, since you clearly did NOT read correctly what I said.

As in, there was no need to "admit" anything, since Media Matters has NEVER CLAIMED to NOT be a liberal watchdog group.

Now do you understand?

Word play is not the liberals best weapon when they are debating an intelligent person

They're a liberal watchdog group. All they care about is fact-checking Republican speeches.
ad·mit   /ædˈmɪt/ Show Spelled
[ad-mit] Show IPA
verb, -mit·ted, -mit·ting.
–verb (used with object)
1. to allow to enter; grant or afford entrance to: to admit a student to college.
2. to give right or means of entrance to: This ticket admits two people.
3. to permit to exercise a certain function or privilege: admitted to the bar.
4. to permit; allow.
5. to allow or concede as valid: to admit the force of an argument.
6. to acknowledge; confess: He admitted his guilt.
7. to grant in argument; concede: The fact is admitted.
8. to have capacity for: This passage admits two abreast.
–verb (used without object)
9. to permit entrance; give access: This door admits to the garden.
10. to grant opportunity or permission (usually fol. by of ): The contract admits of no other interpretation.

Yet obama is still allowing it to happen.

What choice does he have? Look at the government Republicans set up in Iraq.

Besides, what were Republicans doing when Iraq's Christians were being slaughtered?

Hmm, maybe he should quit... I mean he CAN'T fix anything because it's all locked in place right?

What do you think? Should he keep in office so he can blame everyone else or should just just bail and blame everyone else? It's a real question!

HOW DO YOU FIX THAT? REALLY? YOU BLAME OBAMA BECAUSE HE CAN'T FIX A BROKEN GOVERNMENT IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND YOU USE THAT AS EVIDENCE THAT HE IS FAILING?

... that is fucking ridiculous, just so you know. What should we do, go in and police Iraq, again? Spend MORE money to fix a problem that we can't fix anyway. It's impossible, even if we are America. You can't INSTITUTE a democracy. It has to come from a people's revolution. They have to want it. Americans only want a democracy in Iraq because it feeds their ego that 'their' way is the best. They just want their label on the democracy that they wish they could have placed there. But, it's failing, because it was never real to begin with. Just another stupid, naive American notion that we are the best country on Earth, and everything we say and do is Golden. America is not perfect, it is far from a divine nation, and just because we are America, we do not get to police the world. We have enough problems here we should have been fixing instead of starting wars abroad.

I swear, I think the problem with righties is that their ego is completely interlocked with the ego of America, so, if America is hurt, they are hurt. It's as if America and them are the same person. What's worse, is that they are super insecure, so, everything is a threat, they have to tightly control every outer force to ensure that no coerction will ever take place so that there is no possibily that things will fall apart. It's like they treat America like a macrocosm of their own personality, and with that, insecurities and fears. I'm really beginning to fucking hate republicans on a massive level, and I don't like hating anyone, but it's getting hard to be the bigger person here, because they so arrogantly and loudly spew their own hate and intolerance, and back it with the mentality of a two year-old, and I don't think that is an exageration. These rigthties actually listen to these fox fuckheas and believe them? That says it all... delusional pyschosis on a mass level. Nothing less.

This country is going to hell, and it is being done by people who wholeheartedly believe they are this country's saviors. It's kind of like terrorists, who believe they are fulfilling the most divine purpose, yet are comitting the most evil possible. Righties would never admit this, obviously, because ego doesn't allow self-analysis unless personally willed. Enough... I don't know why I went on this rant. This post just really pissed me off and I'm tired of listening to this same bullshit over and over again. This country sucks. I wish we were a different America. We used to be cool, when I was younger, before everyone became so stupid and pigheaded and stopped listening to eachother. The divide is getting bigger. The hate is growing, and it will only get worse until we tear ourselves apart, and I can't wait, because we deserve it, unless we change our ways, by first changing ourselves, one at a time, but that won't happen judging by the strength of the trend of intolerance currently in motion and rising and intensifying. Maybe it's just that I watch too much tv like fox and msnbc, but the more each side attacks eachother, the more extreme each side gets. We're screwed. Good. Sometimes it take falling apart to build yourself back up in a better way.

Last edited:
Now lets hear what you have to say about obama and torture?

[...]
The only possible response to this I can think of is Obama is full of shit but he's still a lot better than Bush. I know it's sad but it's the political cross many of us must bear.

So he is continuing most of the bad polices of Bush and spending Trillions very ineffectively, yet somehow he is still better. :)

What choice does he have? Look at the government Republicans set up in Iraq.

Besides, what were Republicans doing when Iraq's Christians were being slaughtered?

Hmm, maybe he should quit... I mean he CAN'T fix anything because it's all locked in place right?

What do you think? Should he keep in office so he can blame everyone else or should just just bail and blame everyone else? It's a real question!

HOW DO YOU FIX THAT? REALLY? YOU BLAME OBAMA BECAUSE HE CAN'T FIX A BROKEN GOVERNMENT IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND YOU USE THAT AS EVIDENCE THAT HE IS FAILING?

... that is fucking ridiculous, just so you know. What should we do, go in and police Iraq, again? Spend MORE money to fix a problem that we can't fix anyway. It's impossible, even if we are America. You can't INSTITUTE a democracy. It has to come from a people's revolution. They have to want it. Americans only want a democracy in Iraq because it feeds their ego that 'their' way is the best. They just want their label on the democracy that they wish they could have placed there. But, it's failing, because it was never real to begin with. Just another stupid, naive American notion that we are the best country on Earth, and everything we say and do is Golden. America is not perfect, it is far from a divine nation, and just because we are America, we do not get to police the world. We have enough problems here we should have been fixing instead of starting wars abroad.

I swear, I think the problem with righties is that their ego is completely interlocked with the ego of America, so, if America is hurt, they are hurt. It's as if America and them are the same person. What's worse, is that they are super insecure, so, everything is a threat, they have to tightly control every outer force to ensure that no coerction will ever take place so that there is no possibily that things will fall apart. It's like they treat America like a macrocosm of their own personality, and with that, insecurities and fears. I'm really beginning to fucking hate republicans on a massive level, and I don't like hating anyone, but it's getting hard to be the bigger person here, because they so arrogantly and loudly spew their own hate and intolerance, and back it with the mentality of a two year-old, and I don't think that is an exageration. These rigthties actually listen to these fox fuckheas and believe them? That says it all... delusional pyschosis on a mass level. Nothing less.

This country is going to hell, and it is being done by people who wholeheartedly believe they are this country's saviors. It's kind of like terrorists, who believe they are fulfilling the most divine purpose, yet are comitting the most evil possible. Righties would never admit this, obviously, because ego doesn't allow self-analysis unless personally willed. Enough... I don't know why I went on this rant. This post just really pissed me off and I'm tired of listening to this same bullshit over and over again. This country sucks. I wish we were a different America. We used to be cool, when I was younger, before everyone became so stupid and pigheaded and stopped listening to eachother. The divide is getting bigger. The hate is growing, and it will only get worse until we tear ourselves apart, and I can't wait, because we deserve it, unless we change our ways, by first changing ourselves, one at a time, but that won't happen judging by the strength of the trend of intolerance currently in motion and rising and intensifying. Maybe it's just that I watch too much tv like fox and msnbc, but the more each side attacks eachother, the more extreme each side gets. We're screwed. Good. Sometimes it take falling apart to build yourself back up in a better way.

I blame the democrats Because they have had control of the government for almost 4 years. I blame obama because he was also a senator during that time at the beginning of the crash. I blame obama because he continues to kill any and every effort made by the private sector to revive the economy. I blame obama for the promise of Change when there is none. I blame obama because he's a lying piece of shit. I blame obama because he appears to actually want to kill any economical recovery. I blame obama for forced legislation when he said this government would be the most transparent of any that we have ever had. I blame obama because he lied. But the most blame is laid at the feet of people like you. Thats right I blame people like you that fell for the lie and continue to promoto it as truth.

Now lets hear what you have to say about obama and torture?

[...]
The only possible response to this I can think of is Obama is full of shit but he's still a lot better than Bush. I know it's sad but it's the political cross many of us must bear.

Since the left claimed bush did this and screamed for his impeachment and obama is continuing what Bush was supposed to be doing should obama be impeached?

Forum List

Back