Liberals: If you were in a theater w a mass shooter, would u rather have a gun or phone (911)? Pick.

With the shooter's bearing down on you....which would you rather have:

• A gun. I want protection and a chance to fight for survival.

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • A phone. I will dial 911. SWAT will rescue me.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Neither. I want a "Gun Free Zone" sign on the theater so the shooting never occurred at all.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
The op is a typical southern cracker scared of the changes around him , he sees danger everywhere he goes so he clutchs his manhood extension as that is where he get his girly man "courage": from

11137150_10156749549675377_733563798373117890_n.jpg

Liberals say these type of shootings happen far too often and have become a weekly occurrence. I agree. It's horrible.

But they then act as if my scenario is some ridiculous hypothetical that won't happen to them....and they refuse to answer.....Or they refuse to say what options I left out.

Use a gun.
Call 911.
Put up "Gun Free Zone" signs.

What other option? Run? Sure...if you can. At the top row of a theater....the gunmen are between you and the exit.

Actually, despite the fact it seems to be happening more often it is still an exceedingly rare occurance - you are more likely to become shark bait or hit by lightening than involved in a mass shooting. It is a ridiculous hypothetical.

I would not enter a theater where a large pecentage of patrons are visibly armed

Concealed isn't "visibly". And guess what....neither would a maniac wanting a high body count.

So....your answer is you just don't go to movies??

I would not enter a theater where a large pecentage of patrons are visibly armed

Concealed isn't "visibly". And guess what....neither would a maniac wanting a high body count.

My answer would be that I wouldn't do anything differently then I do now when it comes to going to movies.

Liberals say these type of shootings happen far too often and have become a weekly occurrence. I agree. It's horrible.

But they then act as if my scenario is some ridiculous hypothetical that won't happen to them....and they refuse to answer.....Or they refuse to say what options I left out.

Use a gun.
Call 911.

What other option? Run? Sure...if you can. At the top row of a theater....the gunmen are between you and the exit.

Actually, despite the fact it seems to be happening more often it is still an exceedingly rare occurance - you are more likely to become shark bait or hit by lightening than involved in a mass shooting. It is a ridiculous hypothetical.

YES. I also agree there. Which kinda makes the national gun control drama seem silly in context.

Use a gun.
Call 911.

YES. I also agree there. Which kinda makes the national gun control drama seem silly in context.

No...it doesn't. The fact that it IS happening more often and that people with serious mental illness (which it often is in these cases) are able to build up an arsonal of guns should be a red flag that something needs to be looked at in both gun control and our nation's mental health system. "Gun control" does not mean "no guns" or highly restricted ability to get guns - there's a huge amount of latitude between that and what we have now. Examining gun control along with mental health support in this country seems a perfectly rational way to approach the problem.

My answer would be that I wouldn't do anything differently then I do now when it comes to going to movies.

Which is.....

Go to movies when ever I feel like it unarmed.

Which is.....

Go to movies when ever I feel like it unarmed.

Ok. Fair enough.

Use a gun.
Call 911.

No...it doesn't. The fact that it IS happening more often and that people with serious mental illness (which it often is in these cases) are able to build up an arsonal of guns should be a red flag that something needs to be looked at in both gun control and our nation's mental health system. "Gun control" does not mean "no guns" or highly restricted ability to get guns - there's a huge amount of latitude between that and what we have now. Examining gun control along with mental health support in this country seems a perfectly rational way to approach the problem.

You nailed half of it. Mental illness. That's the key to reducing these things.

A bunch of gun nuts firing at each other in the dark?

No, thanks
I'll stay home

I voted none of the above. A gun is of little use in a crowded situation where people are fleeing all over - you're just as likely to shoot an innocent person as the shooter. Responsible gun owners realize that. Wannabe's don't. A phone would be my choice if it's solely a one or the other but the votes as outline are intended to ridicule that choice.

What options did I leave out?

And....you're saying the cops who arrive....shouldn't bring guns? If...as you say...a gun is useless in a crowded environment.

By the way....the intent is to have the gun for when the shooter is directly upon you. Up close and personal when he's ready to kill you. Not to take a 30 yard shot in a crowd. REAL gun users know that also.

If he's ready to kill me I would choose a gun, if he's running amuck in general, a gun wouldn't necessarily be the best choice.

Agree. Pistols aren't all that accurate at a distance under stress anyway. But yeah....when he is up close ready to kill you....we'd all want a gun. Thanks for chiming in.
I think the reason everyone is laughing at you is that most people dont go to the movies worried about a shooter singling them out to kill. Your OP reeks of desperation for approval of CCW. Why I cant figure out.

Use a gun.
Call 911.

It's part of the key...only part and it's not one with easy solutions because of privacy rights and individual civil rights.

Use a gun.
Call 911.

It's part of the key...only part and it's not one with easy solutions because of privacy rights and individual civil rights.

Then maybe it's time some of those be adjusted.

I voted none of the above.

"Alas, poor Coyote. We knew him well."

A gun is of little use in a crowded situation where people are fleeing all over

Au contraire! I would find it quite useful, thank you.

- you're just as likely to shoot an innocent person as the shooter. Responsible gun owners realize that.

Responsible gun owners train in the use of the firearm in a combat situation.

A phone would be my choice if it's solely a one or the other

You'll be fine. Just don't stand up when I've engaged the shooter. :laugh:

I would likely want to have both. I feel that I am a better shot with my bow but a gun will work just the same.

Then maybe it's time some of those be adjusted.

In what way? And, why just adjust for mental illness? Why not tackle the easy availability of guns?

Forum List

Back