So...if you were in that Nightclub in Cali. would you want a gun to stop the shooter?

Would you want a gun?

• yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
Why do you assume anyone who commits suicide is mentally ill?

Suicide is a choice in fact it is the singular most personal choice anyone can make who are you to tell people they can't decide whether they want to live or die?

Is this a serious question? No rational person outside those with incurable disease or in order to sacrifice their life for other's, whether it just be temporary or permanent, commits suicide, or attempts to commit suicide, without having a mental defect. It's a reaction that goes against very basic human nature.

And why should you be able to tell a person whether they can live or die by committing suicide? Because it is a proven fact that most people that attempt suicide, or who are stopped from committing suicide, later admit they are glad they didn't die... and those that don't, are almost always shown to HAVE a mental illness. A lot of people don't even KNOW they have a mental illness, and because of the stigma of mental illness they will not seek out treatment, and it takes an event like an attempted suicide before they do get help... and they are thankful to know it can help.

That's quite an assumption.

And it's pure bullshit

Suicide is a choice whether it's a good or bad choice isn't up to you to decide

No it isn't. Please enlighten me. People who are not in a fit state of mind can not make a reasonable decision. We don't let people make even monetary decisions while not in the right state of mind... why the fuck would we let them decide to make an irreversible decision, that they can not tell you after they are dead they regret it.

No one is coerced into choosing to commit suicide

It is by definition an act of free will.

And people make bad decisions all the time and it's not any of your business if they do.

People who are NOT in the correct, stable mind-set commit suicide. That is against the very basic human action of self-preservation. I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to get... and seems more personal than anything else. There is no benefit in continuing to argue this. I've not said ALL people that want to die are mentally ill... as I've discussed it is perfectly normal for those who have an incurable disease and are suffering to want to die... It is also quite understandable for those willing to die to save another person's life. It is NOT reasonable, nor understandable, to think a healthy person physically, is in the right state of mind, and should be able to just kill theirself without second thought. There is a difference between freedom of choice, and protecting an individual who is at a point in time they can not make a rational decision and understand the long term consequences of their actions.

Of course they should be able to do whatever they want to themselves

Other people's bodies and minds are not yours to control.

Suicide is a choice. Whether or not it is a good or bad choice is not for you to dictate

Is this a serious question? No rational person outside those with incurable disease or in order to sacrifice their life for other's, whether it just be temporary or permanent, commits suicide, or attempts to commit suicide, without having a mental defect. It's a reaction that goes against very basic human nature.

And why should you be able to tell a person whether they can live or die by committing suicide? Because it is a proven fact that most people that attempt suicide, or who are stopped from committing suicide, later admit they are glad they didn't die... and those that don't, are almost always shown to HAVE a mental illness. A lot of people don't even KNOW they have a mental illness, and because of the stigma of mental illness they will not seek out treatment, and it takes an event like an attempted suicide before they do get help... and they are thankful to know it can help.

And it's pure bullshit

No it isn't. Please enlighten me. People who are not in a fit state of mind can not make a reasonable decision. We don't let people make even monetary decisions while not in the right state of mind... why the fuck would we let them decide to make an irreversible decision, that they can not tell you after they are dead they regret it.

And people make bad decisions all the time and it's not any of your business if they do.

People who are NOT in the correct, stable mind-set commit suicide. That is against the very basic human action of self-preservation. I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to get... and seems more personal than anything else. There is no benefit in continuing to argue this. I've not said ALL people that want to die are mentally ill... as I've discussed it is perfectly normal for those who have an incurable disease and are suffering to want to die... It is also quite understandable for those willing to die to save another person's life. It is NOT reasonable, nor understandable, to think a healthy person physically, is in the right state of mind, and should be able to just kill theirself without second thought. There is a difference between freedom of choice, and protecting an individual who is at a point in time they can not make a rational decision and understand the long term consequences of their actions.

Suicide is a choice. Whether or not it is a good or bad choice is not for you to dictate

Alright you win. I mean you win that you think your opinion is the right one... but you lose based on just about every single medical opinion in the entire world. :th_thgoodpost:

And it's pure bullshit

Alright you win. I mean you win that you think your opinion is the right one... but you lose based on just about every single medical opinion in the entire world. :th_thgoodpost:

Unlike you I don't need a Dr to tell me what to think or not to think

Just because you need people to control your life in no way means you have the right to tell anyone else how to live or die

Just because you need people to control your life in no way means you have the right to tell anyone else how to live or die

Yeah... unlike me you don't need professionals who know what the fuck they are doing to tell you how wrong you are... you know the people that actually deal with those with mental illness and deal with people that attempt suicide on a daily basis. I'm sure your opinion is much more well-informed than their's.

Yeah... unlike me you don't need professionals who know what the fuck they are doing to tell you how wrong you are... you know the people that actually deal with those with mental illness and deal with people that attempt suicide on a daily basis. I'm sure your opinion is much more well-informed than their's.

Not all people who commit suicide are mentally ill

...and I told you that.

...and I told you that.
and you contradicted yourself

You and the Drs you listen to are assuming that suicide cannot be a rational choice.
What you are doing is projecting your own assumptions onto those who choose to commit suicide IOW YOU don't think suicide can be a rational choice so therefore ALL people who commit suicide are irrational or mentally ill

...and I told you that.
and you contradicted yourself

You and the Drs you listen to are assuming that suicide cannot be a rational choice.
What you are doing is projecting your own assumptions onto those who choose to commit suicide IOW YOU don't think suicide can be a rational choice so therefore ALL people who commit suicide are irrational or mentally ill

No I didn't. Just like in some of the Nordic countries that have legal suicide, there are certain situations where it is not because of a mental illness... but the people have to get it approved by the state by proving they have a legitimate reason and that they are not mentally unfit to make the decision. Like... as I said, a person has an incurable illness and they want to end their suffering from it.

I swear there are too many people on this forum that think everything is a clear cut yes/no, or zero sum answer to every question. Quit being ridiculous.

I just explained why they pick those locations...it also helps that the people there may be intoxicated making them easier to trap and kill...

They do go elsewhere.....schools, gun free zones with large groups of unarmed victims....churches....gun free zones with large groups of unarmed victims.....and so on....
in other words; you are claiming some gun lovers are only brave enough to cause problems in gun free zones.

You really should stop drinking and mixing meds so early in the morning.....
it makes more sense; that some people prefer to solve problems with guns instead of words.

Which problems?
How many uniformed, well regulated militia being "on duty" does it take to ensure we have no security problems in our free States?
There is no way to stop some crime as long as democrat scum like you are promoting crime.

Forum List

Back