Liberals disregard for rules.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
That liberals have little regard for rules is well known. Here is a good example of deliberate, blatant, in-your-face disregard for the rules regarding plantings around fire hydrants.

No plantings are allowed within six feet of any fire hydrant.

Fire hydrant violation..JPG

If that is the most you have to complain about in life, you have it pretty good
It's more of an observation than a complaint, although there are some places where these terrace plantings block the view of oncoming traffic. In that case I would just cut down the offending plants without complaining.

Regarding "getting a life" tell that to the Common Council. You'd think they would have more important things to do than make rules for planting stuff on the terraces. Rules that they have no intention of enforcing.

That's where I come in. I'll enforce their rules for them. :)

Last edited:
What's weird, is that you assume to know the political affiliation of the homeowner.

Breaking all the rules is a hobby that I've enjoyed for a long time now. I don't need to be forgiven.

Last edited:
What's weird, is that you assume to know the political affiliation of the homeowner.
I don't know how they vote. I just know they have no regard for rules, thus they are liberals. As a hunter I know that if I'm following deer tracks, they were certainly made by a deer.

That liberals have little regard for rules is well known. Here is a good example of deliberate, blatant, in-your-face disregard for the rules regarding plantings around fire hydrants.

No plantings are allowed within six feet of any fire hydrant.

View attachment 705468
Just looks like weeds to me, including the wild sumac. No terraces and nothing qualifying as a "planting." Poor maintenance starting at the support cable for the telephone poll is all.

Just looks like weeds to me, including the wild sumac. No terraces and nothing qualifying as a "planting." Poor maintenance starting at the support cable for the telephone poll is all.
The 'terrace' is the space between the sidewalk and the street. They are indeed plantings, and they are overgrown. Regardless, the property owner is responsible to keep fire hydrants clear to a distance of six feet.

The 'terrace' is the space between the sidewalk and the street.
Wrong, and only a backwoods Conservative could dream up such bullshit. I professionally landscaped for more than thirty years. Some call it a verge or a boulevard, but it's a right of way controlled by the municipality in any case. And, like it or not, those are just fucking weeds, planted or otherwise. Lots of weeds flower. Idiots plant lots of weeds.

Wrong, and only a backwoods Conservative could dream up such bullshit. I professionally landscaped for more than thirty years. Some call it a verge or a boulevard, but it's a right of way controlled by the municipality in any case. And, like it or not, those are just fucking weeds, planted or otherwise. Lots of weeds flower. Idiots plant lots of weeds.

This from our very liberal city.

Apology accepted, in advance. :)

The lady a few homes down has a fire hydrant in her yard.

It's kind of cool looking because it blends in naturally with her architecture and landscaping. And the hydrant is well maintained.

I'm kind of jealous.

This from our very liberal city.

Apology accepted, in advance. :)
And?.. Wake me when you've got something authoritative contradicting what I've already said. No apology sought either.
The City requires that you keep your yard and terrace well maintained and free of noxious weeds, but allows you to plant all sorts of things. From traditional lawns and flowerbeds to vegetable gardens, native plants or pollinator-friendly plantings, you can create the yard that makes you happy.
What TF ever!
Before her time at UW, she analyzed state endangered species programs for Defenders of Wildlife, researched and wrote about progressive environmental policy at the State Environmental Resource Center, and taught undergraduate biology and ecology.

Mayor Rhodes-Conway and her partner, Amy Klusmeier, live on Madison’s east side with their dog Leo and cat Pippin.
too! :auiqs.jpg::muahaha:
funny-bill-murray.gif

Last edited:
Deer tracks will probably lead to a deer. Wild growth plants too close to the hydrant aren't an indicator of political lean. Not at all.
I didn't say they were.

The whole neighborhood is filled with such violations. You don't find many 'terrace gardens' in conservative neighborhoods. It's more of a liberal thing here.

Here's a double violation. Woody shrubs are not allowed, and there is a height limit of 30 inches for any plants. Shown is a woody shrub that is nearly 7 feet tall. It's been there for years.

Terrace plants-3.JPG

Last edited:
I didn't say they were.

The whole neighborhood is filled with such violations. You don't find many 'terrace gardens' in conservative neighborhoods. It's more of a liberal thing here.

Here's a double violation. Woody shrubs are not allowed, and there is a height limit of 30 inches for any plants. Shown is a woody shrub that is nearly 7 feet tall. It's been there for years.

View attachment 705963
Agreed. The marigolds and straw flowers, fine. But that maple seedling just to the right of the scarlet rosemallow(center) definitely needs to go!

Forum List

Back