Liberals Can’t Understand Why Mainstream America Views Them as Idiots

I don’t care about incivility. Not in the least.

I''m sure you don't, and didn't ask you for it.

I was just wondering when Mac was going to call you guys on the right like this mean old Muslim woman who obviously scares him.

So let me add...I don’t care what Mac calls on who.
Joe is so obsessed with me that he doesn't realize my point is about both sides. All sides. Our culture. Our society.

I've never been up in someone's head like this before. Weird.

You have a heavy responsibility indeed. And apparently no way to resign :)
You get used to it. It's a weird mix of flattering and creepy.

All in all, no harm, no foul. Whatever.

so - let's bag on "rw nutbags" then say the problem is on all sides.

and maybe the fact you view them as "rw nutbags" makes it difficult to have a polite conversation with them.
These people reveal themselves for what they are, every single day.
we all get frustrated and we can all generalize / stereotype to a degree but some people see nothing but these stereotypes. once you "stereotype" someone into molds you already hate, valid conversation will never stand a chance because they've already put them in the "disagree at all costs" category and won't listen to them or themselves in what they say anymore.
Such is the nature of hardcore partisan ideology. It turns otherwise perfectly intelligent people into shallow, binary, tribal thinkers.

One of the primary reasons the affliction must be avoided. Like herpes.

Again. Why do you join RW hardcore partisan idealogues in condemning "them" so often. Why is it that you never seem to do the same with those you consider to be LW ideologues?
Easy answer. I just don't care for Regressives. On a personal level.

I like liberals and centrists and moderates and independents, and I can get along just fine with conservatives as long as they don't lose their shit and go all Talk Radio on me.

But Regressives? No thanks. Some people don't like single malt scotch, I don't care for Regressives. Personal taste.

I would ask you why you're so goddamned interested in my opinion so often, but I wouldn't believe a word you say. So it's moot.

I hope that answers your question. If not, tough shit.

So pleasant.

Joe is so obsessed with me that he doesn't realize my point is about both sides. All sides. Our culture. Our society.

I've never been up in someone's head like this before. Weird.

Why is it that every time you are having a polite discussion with a RW nutbag, it reads like commiseration as you both lament the tactics that "they" use or the way that "they" have caused the nation to decay?

You don't find that to be odd?

If the problem is with all sides, why not use the term "we"?

and maybe the fact you view them as "rw nutbags" makes it difficult to have a polite conversation with them.
we all get frustrated and we can all generalize / stereotype to a degree but some people see nothing but these stereotypes. once you "stereotype" someone into molds you already hate, valid conversation will never stand a chance because they've already put them in the "disagree at all costs" category and won't listen to them or themselves in what they say anymore.
Such is the nature of hardcore partisan ideology. It turns otherwise perfectly intelligent people into shallow, binary, tribal thinkers.

The shallowness is what bothers me more than the twisted ideology.

Again. Why do you join RW hardcore partisan idealogues in condemning "them" so often. Why is it that you never seem to do the same with those you consider to be LW ideologues?
likely cause we do disagree on things.

but it's HOW you choose to disagree. you shut out and do the "neener neener" crap. those who don't i'll be glad to listen to them and exchange ideas. those who ONLY see stereotypes, not gonna waste my time. you seem you can't differentiate the 2 and that's kinda sad.

So, if we don't have a pleasant discussion, it is definitely due to my behaviour and not yours? Is that it?

but it's HOW you choose to disagree. you shut out and do the "neener neener" crap. those who don't i'll be glad to listen to them and exchange ideas. those who ONLY see stereotypes, not gonna waste my time. you seem you can't differentiate the 2 and that's kinda sad.

So, if we don't have a pleasant discussion, it is definitely due to my behaviour and not yours? Is that it?
nope. there are certainly times it could be me. but all i am saying is when you stereotype people into pre-existing categories in your head you already hate / love, then the person you are *trying* to talk to really doesn't stand a chance cause you're already gonna hate 'em. there are certainly times i choose to do the same thing but usually when simply done trying to reach someone.

nope. there are certainly times it could be me. but all i am saying is when you stereotype people into pre-existing categories in your head you already hate / love, then the person you are *trying* to talk to really doesn't stand a chance cause you're already gonna hate 'em. there are certainly times i choose to do the same thing but usually when simply done trying to reach someone.

There is zero difference between us in that respect.

Forum List

Back