Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan were into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party. There is no changing that snowflakes! sorry!

Actually that already IS a change. The correction is that it was founded in 1865, and while it did eventually become a vehicle for white Southern resistance to occupying Union armies, carpetbaggers and scalawags, and a terror force against freed ex-slaves, it was originally founded as a simply silly social club. The forces that took it over (in 1866) were longstanding elements including displaced and disenfranchised residents, ex-Confederate soldiers, criminals and "slave patrols" or "Regulators" that had been running since at least the 18th century to put down slave revolts. And those elements formed dozens of other similar groups with similar purposes including the Caucasian Club(s) (Louisiana 1869), Constitutional Union Guard (North Carolina 1868-70), Heggie's Scouts (Mississippi), Heroes of America (South Carolina), Knights of the Black Cross (Mississippi), Knights of the Rising Sun (Texas 1868), Knights of the White Camellia (Louisiana 1867-69), Knights of the White Carnation (Alabama), Men of Justice, Native Sons of the South (Mississippi), Order of Pale Faces (Tennessee 1869 or 1867), Order of the White Rose, Red Caps (Tennessee), Red Jackets (Tennessee), Red Strings (South Carolina), Robertson Family (Mississippi), Society of the White Rose (Mississippi), Seymour Knights (Louisiana), Southern Cross, White League (Louisiana 1874), White Brotherhood (North Carolina 1868-70) and the Yellow Jackets (Tennessee).

The White League above on that list was the group commemorated on the first monument taken down by the City of New Orleans a few months ago, the "Liberty Place Monument".

I know, I know --- this is more than you wanted to know. That's how context works isn't it.

Nothing prevented any Confederate from writing any history he chose to. The Confederates were a literate bunch
Good point but do these writings get the same weight in the scholastic world? The victor does write the history that gets presented as fact for the classroom.

Really? In the South?

Feel free to show to me that schools in Georgia have always just taught the Civil War fro the prospective of the victor.

Actually the whole Lost Cause revisionism movement that put up the various statues and monument being removed from their public propaganda perches, was named after the book that started it, called "The Lost Cause: A New Southern History of the War of the Confederates", by a writer named Edward A. Pollard; it was, as the title says, a "new history" for the purpose of sugarcoating a tarnished image. And he published that in 1866.

And the tenets of that repainted history absolutely did get weight in the classroom. That's part of the function of public propaganda pieces such as statues and monuments; such as novels like "The Clansman" and novels/films like "Birth of a Nation" and "Gone With the Wind", like minstrel show caricatures and songs, and "****** jokes" and even Disney cartoons, and a million stereotypes on everything from buildings to postcards. They all serve the same purpose of Mass Cultural Revamp.

Last edited:
"The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism.
All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

1. Hillary's campaign began the 'Birther' rumor.

2. There is no Radical Right.

3. The KKK has always been a creation of and associated with, the Democrat Party.

a. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

b. FDR's first pick for the Supreme Court was a KKK official

c. "Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President"
https://www.usnews.com/news/article...-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president

"Will Quigg, a grand dragon of the Klan’s California chapter and responsible for recruitment in the western United States, is less keen to give Mr Trump the dubious benefit of his support.

“We want Hillary Clinton to win,” Mr Quigg told The Telegraph. “She is telling everybody one thing, but she has a hidden agenda. She’s telling everybody what they want to hear so she can get elected, because she’s Bill Clinton’s wife, she’s close to the Bushes. [But] once she’s in the presidency, she’s going to come out and her true colours are going to show."
The KKK leader who says he backs Hillary Clinton

Just between the two of us....are you really this stupid, or simply a brain-dead Liberal acolyte trained to parrot whatever they tell you to?

C'mon....fess up.

How's that search for "Forney Johnston" coming along?

Member when I sent you out to fetch that?

Any photos of an 11-year-dead cadaver at the Democratic convention?
Or perhaps in Wisconsin?
Show me the lie...

I know, I know --- this is more than you wanted to know. That's how context works isn't it.
I already knew most of it but thanks for the refresher...I'm still waiting to hear the OP's lie...

Really? In the South?

Feel free to show to me that schools in Georgia have always just taught the Civil War fro the prospective of the victor
That would be impossible, and you wouldn't be convinced if I were to do so.

Really? In the South?

Feel free to show to me that schools in Georgia have always just taught the Civil War fro the prospective of the victor

You know, I was stationed in Memphis TN, and Jacksonville FL, and had kids that went to school. Guess what? The schools in those places actually did teach about both sides of the war. My ex wife who went to school in Murfreesboro TN said the same thing.

Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan were into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party. There is no changing that snowflakes! sorry!
Yes, the Christian Bible Belt was, and is, very racist. That's never changed.

Well to be fair- in 1860 virtually everyone was a racist. And even in 1960, much of the United States is what we would consider to be racist.

The modern South according to the Contards is composed entirely of the non-racist whites- all Republicans- and the white and black Democrats- all racists.

But in reality the modern South is far less racist than it was even 20 years ago, let alone how it was in 1960- just like the entire U.S. is- the whining of the snowflake contards to the contrary.

I just get tired of the South being misrepresented by both sides.

Meanwhile- the KKK was founded by Southern White Christian Conservatives.

The only thing that has changed is that its no longer exclusively Southern.
Some areas of the country were more racist than others, even back then. The south has almost always been more racist.

You know, I was stationed in Memphis TN, and Jacksonville FL, and had kids that went to school. Guess what? The schools in those places actually did teach about both sides of the war. My ex wife who went to school in Murfreesboro TN said the same thing.
Not in California...they barely touched on the whole subject...

"The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism.
All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. There is no Radical Right.

3. The KKK has always been a creation of and associated with, the Democrat Party.

a. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

b. FDR's first pick for the Supreme Court was a KKK official

c. "Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President"
https://www.usnews.com/news/article...-quigg-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president

"Will Quigg, a grand dragon of the Klan’s California chapter and responsible for recruitment in the western United States, is less keen to give Mr Trump the dubious benefit of his support.

“We want Hillary Clinton to win,” Mr Quigg told The Telegraph. “She is telling everybody one thing, but she has a hidden agenda. She’s telling everybody what they want to hear so she can get elected, because she’s Bill Clinton’s wife, she’s close to the Bushes. [But] once she’s in the presidency, she’s going to come out and her true colours are going to show."
The KKK leader who says he backs Hillary Clinton

Just between the two of us....are you really this stupid, or simply a brain-dead Liberal acolyte trained to parrot whatever they tell you to?

C'mon....fess up.
1. Lie

2. Lie

3. Lie

That was easy.
coffeepaper.gif

Really? In the South?

Actually- if you provided proof- something you aren't real familiar with- I would be happy to accept it.

Frankly since I have family in the South, and have spent extended periods of time there, pretty much everyone I know who has gone through the school system in the South gets a pretty 'pro-Confederate' slanted education.

Some areas of the country were more racist than others, even back then. The south has almost always been more racist.
That's ridiculous....I've been in neighborhoods in south central LA where I couldn't even get a soda in a market because I'm white. I went to school in majority black and Hispanic schools...I've seen racism from the down side many times in my so called white privileged life.

Actually- if you provided proof- something you aren't real familiar with- I would be happy to accept it.

Frankly since I have family in the South, and have spent extended periods of time there, pretty much everyone I know who has gone through the school system in the South gets a pretty 'pro-Confederate' slanted education
That is actually good to learn...I grew up in La La Land.

No- but thank you for once again reminding us that you believe that Donald Trump was just a gullible patsy of Hillary Clinton- when Donald Trump went full Birther for 5 years.

Not in California...they barely touched on the whole subject...

Well, it kinda depends on where you went to school at. My room mate went to school in Texas, and one of the REQUIRED courses in their high school is Texas history. When I went to school, I was in Montana, and while we didn't spend much time on the Civil war, there was a whole bunch of time spent on the settlement of the West, as well as a bunch of history about Montana and it's history with the Gold Rush and the Native Americans.

Guess some of the courses that they teach in school are region specific.

Forum List

Back