Liberals and reality

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
OK. I'm a hypocrite because I want to enforce resolutions which favor the U.S. Yes my rule of thumb is "do what's good for the U.S. and the civilized world." What is D.K.'s rule of thumb?

hypocrisy breeds hostility. How long do you think it will be before the EU joins with other non friendly countries and we have to deal with the repercussions with Australia on our side?

We are all big and bad, but we're not that big and bad.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
hypocrisy breeds hostility. How long do you think it will be before the EU joins with other non friendly countries and we have to deal with the repercussions with Australia on our side?

We are all big and bad, but we're not that big and bad.

Appeasement does not placate tyrants. Check history, you're on the wrong side of it.

Appeasement does not placate tyrants. Check history, you're on the wrong side of it.

this is why I mentioned not debating with you in the first part of the morning. You will never get the notion out of your head that anything you say, think, or do is the right and only way.

Intolerance breeds contempt, contempt breeds hatred, hatred breeds violence.

allowing ONE country, despite the fact that its Israel, democratic, or an ally, to flout the UN and sit back while we NOT enforce the UN resolutions against that ONE country but press hard to enforce the UN resolutions against ANOTHER country is, omg, a FLIP FLOP.

So, in essence, what we did in invading IRAQ but NOT enforcing said resolutions against Israel could be considered a KERRY move.

Once again, I favor resolutions which are beneficial to the U.S. and our allies. You take the other point of view.

Do you really believe Israel's infractions against humanity and others rise to the level of Iraq's?

I know that from a legal standpoint a resolution is a resolution, and they're equal, but you're a fool if you blindly agree to all resolutions, thinking the U.N. has no agenda. Also the resolutions against Israel never got so far as to explicitly discuss force. For the U.N. to pretend to be on board all the way through resolution 1441 and then get cold feet, is nothing more than treachery and deception. And as we see, their complicity in the U.N. oil for food scandal may have biased their vote.

I know it's beneath libs to do something as intellectually craven as taking a fixed position on any issue. Your mode of thinking will lead to the destruction of our country. But then again, we're the evil empire anyway. Right?

OK. Let's do globalization. We DO become the evil empire everyone talks about if we do NOT use our military to increase market interpenetration of all global citizens. Yes, in the short term it will be hard for Americans to readjust as work goes overseas. This is our sacrifice to the world. This is compassionate conservatism.

OK. Let's do globalization. We DO become the evil empire everyone talks about if we do NOT use our military to increase market interpenetration of all global citizens. Yes, in the short term it will be hard for Americans to readjust as work goes overseas. This is our sacrifice to the world. This is compassionate conservatism.

how is it that you can justify american interests in one breath, foregoing the interests of others in the world as irrelevant, and then in the next breath tout the supreme advantages we're bringing to the world and state it as a sacrifice we, as americans, need to make as 'compassionate conservatives'?

you flip flop as much as kerry does.

I know it's beneath libs to do something as intellectually craven as taking a fixed position on any issue. Your mode of thinking will lead to the destruction of our country. But then again, we're the evil empire anyway. Right?

ok RWA, you win I lose. :rolleyes:

how is it that you can justify american interests in one breath, foregoing the interests of others in the world as irrelevant, and then in the next breath tout the supreme advantages we're bringing to the world and state it as a sacrifice we, as americans, need to make as 'compassionate conservatives'?

you flip flop as much as kerry does.

WHat are you talking about? Our jobs going overseas HELPS those other countries, contrary to libs asserting that they're nothing more than oppressive sweatshops. Everything's relative you know. To our cushy standard, it's a crap job, for them it may mean surviving. The advantage we're bringing them is jobs that our people are sacrificing. It's very logical. "How is it?" you ask. It just is.

ok RWA, you win I lose. :rolleyes:

Yeah. But now you're just "joking", "Placating the close minded". How elegant. Shutdown the conversation and elevate yourself as you exit. So typical I'm puking out by breakfast sausage.

Yeah. But now you're just "joking", "Placating the close minded". How elegant. Shutdown the conversation and elevate yourself as you exit. So typical I'm puking out by breakfast sausage.

ask me if I care :sleep:

The rwa loves the person, he may hate the ideas, but ideas are just software that can be patched. Please Suddeths accept my upgrade.

You guys rock. It's all good in the hood as far as I'm concerned.

DK, do you care? I think you do, despite your calculated and feigned callousness.

jobs we don't want?who decided that?did you not read the article on yahoo news that said we will lose 25% of tech jobs by 2010.how about aircraft,automotive,steel,or even the levi strauss plants that closed here those workers made a good wage.when our trade policy is as it is now it severly weakens the power of unions to collectively bargain and as foriegn goods come across the border without tarriffs and the non-attention most americans pay to a products country of origin it is then nearly impossible with our high standard of living for u.s. based manufacturers to compete with foreign manufacturers without lowering that high standard of living we have become accustomed to.job outsourcing has affected many different areas and in an effort to compete and be true to their shareholders companies are at a higher and higher rate following their competitors overseas or forced out of the marketplace from cheaper foreign made goods.also how about all the immigrants that come to our country they need jobs,what will they do? they will be a drain on our economy utilizing vast numbers of welfare programs or resort to crime.also tarriffs create revenue so taxes could be lower.here is my idea-
1.quit wasting money on programs that do not have a wide national effect by:
a:budgetery judicial review board consisting of 13 departments for each of the 13 spending bills of the appropriation committee.to determine the constitutionality of each spending request.
b:budget every 2 years instead of 1 giving time for exhaustive review(congressmen have little time to review what is in each spending bill right now)
c.privatized social security-get rid of companies 6.5 percent contribution for social security and end the payroll tax for companies and lower the tax rate for companies.in exchange all companies must provide health insurance to their employees.

basically it comes down to people being responsible citizens-working hard,saving,being financially responsible,being faithful to their families.we don't need the government to take care of us we just need the government to allow an environment where oppurtunities exist.will everyone succedd, no but everyone will have the opportunity to.

Liberals don't get reality.

Looks like Conservatives don't get reality as well..
Religious right - wants to believe that all Americans want to expand the influences of (Christianity based) religion and limit all other religions.

Conservatives fantasize that banning gay marriages, will somehow "strengthen the institution of marriage" as it currently exists.

Affirmative Action - Conservative dream world is that discriminatory practices no longer exists, so end affirmative action because it's no longer needed.

Bush and Conservatives were under the illusion that Saddam/Iraq posed an immediate threat with potentially nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction. This immediate threat required US troop invasion of Iraq. This matter was so urgent that it required taking troops and focus away from Afghanistan even though Al Qaeda terrorists are the ones responsible for the 9/11 attacks in the US. Even when numerous top government officials told Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld that intelligence showed no connection between 9/11 and Iraq.

Bush declared an end to all major combat in Iraq, but oddly enough it still feels like major combat to our soldiers over there. I agree that the war shifted to a different phase, but "end to all major combat", hardly...

Tax cuts are most beneficial to our society when given primarily to the wealthy.

Fiscal Conservatism seems to be very far from reality.

But overall, I say that there is fantasy on both sides of the aisle, Conservatism and Liberalism. Both sides might want to come back to reality.

Originally posted by LoneVoice
Conservatives fantasize that banning gay marriages, will somehow "strengthen the institution of marriage" as it currently exists.

Show me just one time where someone has claimed that. What people said is that it will hurt the institution of marriage. We are happy the way it is, but denying gay marriages won't strengthen heterosexual marriage - and no one that I know of claimed otherwise.

Originally posted by LoneVoice
Religious right - wants to believe that all Americans want to expand the influences of (Christianity based) religion and limit all other religions.

The religious right is mostly Christian, but tend to keep their evangelical activities and their political activities separate. While their political views are often formed by their religious views, I don't know many people who want to make America into a Christian theocracy. In fact, in WA, those people left the GOP to form their own little (and I do mean little) party.

I am no supporter of gay marriage, as it legitamizes (sp?) homosexuality. But IMO, if you want to "save" the institution of marriage, get rid of no-fault divorce. That would keep people from rushing into a bad marriage in the first place.

Affirmative Action - Conservative dream world is that discriminatory practices no longer exists, so end affirmative action because it's no longer needed.

I know that you think affirmative action is the Holy Grail of American pubic policy, LBJ. But the fact is that affirmative action is discrimination, and discrimination is wrong, regardless of who is being discriminated against.

Bush and Conservatives were under the illusion that Saddam/Iraq posed an immediate threat with potentially nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction. This immediate threat required US troop invasion of Iraq. This matter was so urgent that it required taking troops and focus away from Afghanistan even though Al Qaeda terrorists are the ones responsible for the 9/11 attacks in the US. Even when numerous top government officials told Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld that intelligence showed no connection between 9/11 and Iraq.

Boy... this hgas been hashed and rehashed in the War on Terrorism forum... not gonna get into it here.

Bush declared an end to all major combat in Iraq, but oddly enough it still feels like major combat to our soldiers over there. I agree that the war shifted to a different phase, but "end to all major combat", hardly...

Apparently you don't understand the differences between major combat, low-scale combat, SASO, etc. I would suggest that you read up on it. Yes, there are still skirmishes being fouhgt in Iraq, but if you read military doctrine, that is to be expected in a low-scale combat environment.

Tax cuts are most beneficial to our society when given primarily to the wealthy.

Fiscal Conservatism seems to be very far from reality.

There was a post in this forum about "setting the record straight on Reaganomincs" or something to that effect. I suggest you go read it before you comment on this subject again.

Forum List

Back