Liberal to conservative

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tekken, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Tekken

Tekken Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Many of my friends of my age (young) are indulging in drink, dope, sex before marriage, debauchery and wildness. Don't get me wrong - up until about a year ago I was doing the same.

Then I had a change of heart and a change of mind.

I realised, over time, that liberalism leads to a free-for-all, a life that promises absolute freedom but which, in reality, leads to destruction. All the things above taste good for a time but ultimately people who indulge in them will come to grief. You can see it happening, sometimes even before your eyes.

I turned back to the faith last year (a faith I'd been brough up with, but turned away from in my madness) and it helped me re-learn my self-discipline and control. It's the only way forward, and without those things you can achieve nothing.

I realised that religious conservative values are the only ones on which an individual or a nation can build a future. The values on which the only promise of a stable future lives. Marriage, family, monogamy - how can we have a proper life it we don't abide by those standards?

And I've been a lot happier since embracing those values, even though some of my friends think it's strange at my age. I don't care what they think. This is the way for me and, I believe, for most rational thinking people.

Hope people agree.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Firstly, if you're happy with yourself that's a good thing. It's good to be at peace with oneself.

Do you consider that someone who isn't living a life aligned with the conditions you set out is living a "proper" life?

For example, someone who's single. Are they living a proper life? What about a couple who choose not to have children? Are they living a proper life? What about a couple who choose to swing, that is, have other sexual partners while remaining together? Are they living an improper life?

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Liberalism has nothing whatever to do with a free-for-all.

The word you're looking for to describe somebody who lives a life of
    " drink, dope, sex before marriage, debauchery and wildness" is LIBERTINE not LIBERAL.

4. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    There are plenty of political conservatives into drink, dope, and sex.

Personal responsibility is not only a conservative value. Obama talked about it a lot in his inauguration speech.

We do need government to encourage the family unit. The Democratic Party went the wrong way with welfare and public housing. Both those things tended to destroy the family.

I think the election of Obama was a return to pragmatism. The president should ask one question about every policy decision.....Will it work?

5. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,110
    Who cares if someone is into drugs, sex and debauchery?

It is not anyone's business what someone else does as long as no one's rights are being violated.

And really who are you to judge?

And the government should certainly not be allowed to even consider meddling in the private lives of citizens.

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,758

No, it dosen't concern us in the least. Except we have to pay for their abortions, their medical care, their rehabilitation.. it creates huge issues within law enforcement. so no, it's really not our business.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    And we have to pay for the medical care and rehabilitation and law enforcement of those who are NOT libertines, too.

What's your point?

8. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    It's a religious thing,not a fucking political thing.

Damn Sister Mary Third Grade ruined so many good time I could have had.

This is more of the conservatives love god thing and liberals love the devil.

Vitter is a good conservative and so is Newt "Divorce Her on Her Deathbed" Gingrich.:eusa_whistle: What about Craig?

This is just another version of another thread that posits that liberals hate the military because they are liberals.

Can't we just all get along?:eusa_pray::lol::evil:

9. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    use a smaller hook and more feathers next time. certainly nothing larger than a #18 barleet.

ideally, you should wait for a fly hatch as well, and for god's sake, stop casting your shadow on the water.

rookie.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I shoulda known you were a fisherman !