Liberal Mole at Barney Frank's Town Hall

For fun: Watch this interesting graphical tmeline:

Non-Native_American_Nations_Control_over_N_America_1750-2008.gif
cool animation, i had never before heard of the republic of rio grande and the dominion of newfoundland. not very dominionating that one, got sucked up by canada. notice the missing central america and island part?

cool animation, i had never before heard of the republic of rio grande and the dominion of newfoundland. not very dominionating that one, got sucked up by canada. notice the missing central america and island part?
yup, they also got the Louisiana purchase wrong
it was French territory and not Spanish
they seem to have got ALL the French territory wrong

Last edited:

Non-Native_American_Nations_Control_over_N_America_1750-2008.gif

This can't be right. It may look like "North America", but it only ends up with THREE countries. Where are the other 21?

It was after the US discovered the transfer of that part of the country from Spain to France that the US tried to purchase , I think just the city of New Orleans but got suckered into buying the whole shebang up to nearly Canada. At least that's how I remember it from history. The US thought they got swindled because the only thing that could grow there was "grass". Of course, people didn't know that corn and wheat are grass.

It was after the US discovered the transfer of that part of the country from Spain to France that the US tried to purchase , I think just the city of New Orleans but got suckered into buying the whole shebang up to nearly Canada. At least that's how I remember it from history. The US thought they got swindled because the only thing that could grow there was "grass". Of course, people didn't know that corn and wheat are grass.
uh, your history seems deficient
a bit anyway
France had been in the LA area and north for some time

New France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes, i know its wiki, but it covers the area

Forum List

Back