LIBERAL LAW PROF: OBAMA EXEC AMNESTY 'DANGEROUS' & 'UNPRECEDENTED THREAT' TO CONSTITUTIONAL SYSTEM

I guess we'll find out.

Do you think the GOP should come up with a idea, or not?

House GOP unveils standards for immigration reform - NBC Politics

Great, then we find ourselves in a position very similar to the ACA.

The GOP needs to be screaming at the top of its lungs at every opportunity and in every interview that it has a clear and specific plan for immigration. I haven't seen them doing this, just as I did not see them doing it before the ACA bomb was dropped.

Nice and loud. Any day now.

You did not see or hear the republicans say anything against obamacare?

Huh, not one of them voted for it.

But, you wanted to hear from them?

Maybe you missed Ted Cruz filibuster for 21 hours to prevent the fraud that ACA is.

Gowdy talks Obamacare and Executive Overreach with Lou Dobbs

House Speaker Boehner Speaks After ObamaCare Voted Defunded

No, that's not what I said.

What I said was that the GOP did not take every opportunity to explain its health care plan, not just slam the ACA.

I think I made that pretty clear.

So now they have another chance on immigration. Let's see if they really have a plan, or they just watch again.

So, we need to restate the obvious? That Illegal immigration is a danger to the culture on innumerable levels, because it sucks money out of the government's fiscal means, introduces foreign ideas hostile to American Principle, promotes election fraud, undermines cultural cohesion and so on?

Is that your position?

Yes, you need to re-state the obvious with a bill. Make it official. Put the pressure on Obama.

Otherwise he's going to act, and all the GOP will be able to do is whine.

Turley is also the lawyer representing the House of Representatives in its civil actions against Obama's executive actions in the implementation of the ACA.
yeah, the "liberal" tag is just OP partisan bullshit. Turley is a staunch opponent of executive power expanding at the expense of congressional power. I don't know what Obama's got up his sleeve, but if he just said we're not deporting anyone who's been here five years or has citizen kids, has a job, and who has not committed a violent or drug/DUI crime, I think people would laugh at McConnell. The Potus gets to say how the fed govt allocated judicial resources. Off year elections not to the contrary. If the gop's got a problem, run Mittens again on "self deportation," as that worked so well last time.

sorry, link.

Jonathan Turley - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Turley also has his own website if anyone's interested.

No, they get to decide about executive branches, like DOJ, but the courts are funded by congress, and the lesser courts are run by the judicial branch itself, as lesser versions of the supreme court.
But courts don't decide what cases to prosecute. The DOJ does. Obama is not telling any judge how to rule.

Good point, but here is a question,

How would you feel about a president telling the EPA to no longer enforce the Clean Air Act?
Well, that's come up, sort of. Actually the clean water act is more to the point. Bushii increased limits on stuff like arsenic that can be put in. Liberals didn't like it, but they were powerless to do anything. Similarly, a goper potus could gut CO2 limits. However, with environmental laws, there are regulations that must be enforced ... or changed. Further, private citizens have standing to sue. Further, States could sue, and as we saw in Ariz, they cannot with immigration law.

Citizen suit - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In that case, I think you'd come down to a practical problem. Industries and local governments are immune from suit if they are in compliance. That is, they cannot be sued under the Acts, AND they can't be sued for dumping pollution on somebody down stream or wind. Industry isn't an opponent, and in fact Reagan was a champion of setting limits for pollution, and then letting private actors "buy" pollution rights, because that meant that the pollution that created the most econ benefit ... got the right to pollute.

So, I don't see a real analogy between them. But I see where you're going. And you're right. Obama would be opening Pandora's box IF he goes to far. If he does something similar to Reagan or BushI, I think McConnell would be laughed out of court.

I'd like to see Obama tell Congress: "Okay gang, you have until January 31, 2015 to put an immigration bill on my desk. If it's not there, I'll do it myself."

At least that.

Then neither silly side can bitch.

He's been doing that for - how many years now?

The bill they both agreed on has been sitting on Boehner's desk for - how many years now?

And what have they done?

They obstruct, play golf, pose for photo ops and obstruct some more.

He's given them a specific deadline to send him a bill approved by Congress?

The GOP needs to be screaming at the top of its lungs at every opportunity and in every interview that it has a clear and specific plan for immigration. I haven't seen them doing this, just as I did not see them doing it before the ACA bomb was dropped.

Maybe you missed Ted Cruz filibuster for 21 hours to prevent the fraud that ACA is.

What I said was that the GOP did not take every opportunity to explain its health care plan, not just slam the ACA.

So now they have another chance on immigration. Let's see if they really have a plan, or they just watch again.

So, we need to restate the obvious? That Illegal immigration is a danger to the culture on innumerable levels, because it sucks money out of the government's fiscal means, introduces foreign ideas hostile to American Principle, promotes election fraud, undermines cultural cohesion and so on?

Is that your position?

Yes, you need to re-state the obvious with a bill. Make it official. Put the pressure on Obama.

The House has passed NUMEROUS bills which do just THAT, in several different ways, and which are sitting on Reid's desk, but which will never be debated there, because Reid is what he is.

That the Media doesn't cover it, is nothing the House can do much about. There are literally HUNDREDS of bills sitting in the Senate that have no chance of being so much as announced, let alone "REPORTED".

I'd like to see Obama tell Congress: "Okay gang, you have until January 31, 2015 to put an immigration bill on my desk. If it's not there, I'll do it myself."

At least that.

The bill they both agreed on has been sitting on Boehner's desk for - how many years now?

And what have they done?

Yeah, but didn't he set the deadline for BEFORE the new congress comes in? I can see the gop's annoyance.

Is that your position?

The House has passed NUMEROUS bills which do just THAT, in several different ways, and which are sitting on Reid's desk, but which will never be debated there, because Reid is what he is.

That the Media doesn't cover it, is nothing the House can do much about. There are literally HUNDREDS of bills sitting in the Senate that have no chance of being so much as announced, let alone "REPORTED".

There's a difference between the House and Congress.

What I said was that I'd like to see Obama give CONGRESS until January 31 to put a bill on his desk.

Then we'll see where they stand, and where Obama stands.

Leadership. Here's the GOP's chance to try it.

At least that.

And what have they done?

Yeah, but didn't he set the deadline for BEFORE the new congress comes in? I can see the gop's annoyance.

Sure, if that's the case it would be typical political bullshit from Obama.

What I'd like to see and what will happen are two different things, that's fer damn sure.

Do you know or not know that the president cannot usurp federal law, or make up laws with out congress?

I cannot fucking tell.

I guess we'll find out.

There were alternatives being proposed. Just because you did not "hear about it" does not mean they were not proposed. You are only showing the danger that is the main stream media.

Here are plans.

John McCain 8217 s Health Tax Credit Health Policy Blog NCPA.org

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=b8876db7-2be0-4c84-b833-3d77dc4afa83

Patients’ Choice Act

May 2009

Page 1 of 2. Click the link to see all of it.

The Patients’ Choice Act transforms health care in America: strengthening the relationship between the
patient and the doctor; using the forces of choice and competition rather than rationing and restrictions to contain costs; and ensuring universal, affordable health care for all Americans.
Preventing Disease and Promoting Healthier Lifestyles

Each year, five chronic diseases (heart disease, cancer, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and diabetes) cause two‐thirds of American deaths; treatment of these largely preventable diseases makes up 75 percent of total health care expenditures. Critical investments in public health and disease prevention will go a long way in restraining health care costs and improving the quality of Americans’ lives. The Patient’s Choice Act of 2009 would:

• Encourage increased coordination of federal prevention efforts and bring long‐overdue accountability to these
programs
• Require CDC to undertake a national campaign highlighting science‐based health promotion strategies

• Equip recipients of Supplemental Nutritional Benefits with easily understandable information about nutritious
food options and target the use of food stamps to healthy food choices

• Invest $50 million annually for increased vaccine availability and bonus grants to states that achieve 90 percent
or greater coverage of CDC‐recommended vaccines

• Provide incentives for states to reduce rates of chronic disease like heart disease and diabetes
Creating Affordable and Accessible Health Insurance Options Our health care system should be easier to navigate and provide integrated care in a more equitable manner. A vibrant market for health insurance that is consistent and fair will allow all Americans access to health coverage. The Patient’s
Choice Act of 2009 would encourage states to establish rational and reasonable consumer protections, including the following:

• Creates State Health Insurance Exchanges to give Americans a one‐stop marketplace to compare different
health insurance policies and select the one that meets their unique needs

• Gives Americans the same standard health benefits as Members of Congress, so all Americans have a wide range
of choices

• Protects the most vulnerable Americans to ensure that no individual would be turned down by a participating Exchange insurers based on age or health

• Creates a non‐profit, independent board to risk adjust among participating insurance companies to penalize companies that “cherry pick” health patients and reward insurers that encourage prevention/wellness and cover patients with pre‐existing conditions

• Expands coverage through auto‐enrollment at state and medical points of service, for individuals who do not select a plan at the beginning of the year

• Gives states the ability to band together in regional pooling arrangements, as well as the creation of robust high risk pools, reinsurance markets, or risk adjustment mechanisms to cover those deemed ‘uninsurable’ Equalizes the Tax Treatment of Health Care, Empowering All Americans with Real Access to Coverage Economic analysts across the political divide agree that the tax code is stacked in favor of the wealthy and those who get their health coverage through their employers, discriminating against the self‐employed, the unemployed, and small businesses. The Patients’ Choice Act of 2009 would restore fairness in the tax code and give every American, regardless of employment status, the ability to purchase health insurance by:

• Providing an advanceable and refundable tax credit of $2,300 per individual or $5,700 per family

• Improving the operation of Health Savings Accounts [HSAs] by allowing health insurance premiums to be paid with HSAs without a tax penalty

• Allowing preventative services to be covered by High Deductible Health Plans

• Increasing the amount of money an HSA owner may annually contribute to their account

I guess we'll find out.

There were alternatives being proposed. Just because you did not "hear about it" does not mean they were not proposed. You are only showing the danger that is the main stream media.

Here are plans.

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=b8876db7-2be0-4c84-b833-3d77dc4afa83

Patients’ Choice Act

May 2009

The Patients’ Choice Act transforms health care in America: strengthening the relationship between the
patient and the doctor; using the forces of choice and competition rather than rationing and restrictions to contain costs; and ensuring universal, affordable health care for all Americans.

Each year, five chronic diseases (heart disease, cancer, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and diabetes) cause two‐thirds of American deaths; treatment of these largely preventable diseases makes up 75 percent of total health care expenditures. Critical investments in public health and disease prevention will go a long way in restraining health care costs and improving the quality of Americans’ lives. The Patient’s Choice Act of 2009 would:

• Encourage increased coordination of federal prevention efforts and bring long‐overdue accountability to these
programs
• Require CDC to undertake a national campaign highlighting science‐based health promotion strategies

• Equip recipients of Supplemental Nutritional Benefits with easily understandable information about nutritious

• Invest $50 million annually for increased vaccine availability and bonus grants to states that achieve 90 percent

• Provide incentives for states to reduce rates of chronic disease like heart disease and diabetes
Creating Affordable and Accessible Health Insurance Options Our health care system should be easier to navigate and provide integrated care in a more equitable manner. A vibrant market for health insurance that is consistent and fair will allow all Americans access to health coverage. The Patient’s
Choice Act of 2009 would encourage states to establish rational and reasonable consumer protections, including the following:

• Creates State Health Insurance Exchanges to give Americans a one‐stop marketplace to compare different

• Gives Americans the same standard health benefits as Members of Congress, so all Americans have a wide range
of choices

• Protects the most vulnerable Americans to ensure that no individual would be turned down by a participating Exchange insurers based on age or health

• Creates a non‐profit, independent board to risk adjust among participating insurance companies to penalize companies that “cherry pick” health patients and reward insurers that encourage prevention/wellness and cover patients with pre‐existing conditions

• Expands coverage through auto‐enrollment at state and medical points of service, for individuals who do not select a plan at the beginning of the year

• Gives states the ability to band together in regional pooling arrangements, as well as the creation of robust high risk pools, reinsurance markets, or risk adjustment mechanisms to cover those deemed ‘uninsurable’ Equalizes the Tax Treatment of Health Care, Empowering All Americans with Real Access to Coverage Economic analysts across the political divide agree that the tax code is stacked in favor of the wealthy and those who get their health coverage through their employers, discriminating against the self‐employed, the unemployed, and small businesses. The Patients’ Choice Act of 2009 would restore fairness in the tax code and give every American, regardless of employment status, the ability to purchase health insurance by:

• Providing an advanceable and refundable tax credit of $2,300 per individual or $5,700 per family

• Improving the operation of Health Savings Accounts [HSAs] by allowing health insurance premiums to be paid with HSAs without a tax penalty

• Increasing the amount of money an HSA owner may annually contribute to their account

Why weren't they holding this bill up in the air every single time they were interviewed?

Why weren't they wearing some bright pin on their lapels when they were being interviewed?

Why wasn't it mentioned loud and clear in campaign ads?

Where were the signs and bumper stickers with the name of this thing?

Is the GOP really so clueless that it couldn't get its shit together to do the above?

The media is bad enough, indeed, but there's no excuse for that failure.

Is that your position?

There's a difference between the House and Congress.

What I said was that I'd like to see Obama give CONGRESS until January 31 to put a bill on his desk.

Then we'll see where they stand, and where Obama stands.

Leadership. Here's the GOP's chance to try it.

Well the house is half of "the Congress", which is why I spoke to both aspects of the congress, in their specific terms.

But to expect the unreasonable to BE reasonable is foolish. I'd 'like' to see obama get on television and confess that he's an enemy insurgent who's been working to undermine the means of the US to project power around the world in defense of American principle and the interests of the United States.

But I realize that he's incapable of doing that, because he's incapable of recognizing 'truth'. But hey... what relativist is, right?

Here are plans.

Patients’ Choice Act

May 2009

programs

of choices

Why weren't they holding this bill up in the air every single time they were interviewed?

Why weren't they wearing some bright pin on their lapels when they were being interviewed?

Is the GOP really so clueless that it couldn't get its shit together to do the above?

You ask me why they did not say anything. I show you how they did, culminating in Ted Cruz filibustering for 21 hours, and he was crushed for those types of actions. Especially that one.

You ask me for the proposals by the republicans and I show you what they proposed. The MSM media lied of course stating that they did not propose anything.

The republicans NOT ONE voted for the fraud. The TEA PARTY spoke and yelled for years against the obamacare, maybe you are deaf. I do not know.

Do not give me this never ending shit that there was no voice of opposition. Especially when there was. You not hearing it, only illustrates how controlled the information is.

Stop it with your shit.

Turley is also the lawyer representing the House of Representatives in its civil actions against Obama's executive actions in the implementation of the ACA.
Some "liberal lawyer".

I love it how righties quote liberals till sun up when they can use it, then discredit every other things they ever say.

I'm getting the impression righties are indulging the fantasy that Obama's dissapproval opens up the possibility that not only swing voters mught go right, but actual lefties might go right.

It's so adorable.

Don't know who gave them that idea......

Oh...yeah...Fox.

not much more to say about that man who is calling himself, our President

SNIP:

obama-lincoln-memorial-ap-640x480.jpg

by TONY LEE 17 Nov 2014 72POST A COMMENT

Liberal George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley believes that President Barack Obama's forthcoming executive amnesty will be an "unprecedented" and "dangerous" overreach that will threaten America's constitutional system of governance.
"This would be unprecedented and I think it would be an unprecedented threat to the balance of powers within our system," Turley said
on Friday's edition of Fox News' The Kelly File.

Turley noted that Obama is intent on going ahead with his executive amnesty that may "again violate separation of powers" even after the Supreme Court unanimously ruled that Obama did so while making unconstitutional recess appointments. He said that Obama "isn't being particularly coy about" taking on legislative duties to "become a government of one."

Reports have indicated that Obama will grant executive amnesty and temporary work permits to possibly five million illegal immigrants as early as this week. Turley, who has opposed presidents of both parties when they have acted unilaterally, has previously said the "framers would be horrified" by the executive actions that are putting constitutional system at its "tipping point."

Turley added that Obama's executive amnesty will be even more dangerous because Obama would be defying the will of Congress immediately after an election in which voters rejected Obama's illegal immigration agenda.

"We have a Congress that is coming in with the full voice of the American people behind them," Turley said. "That's what an election is. Now, you may disagree with the outcome, but you have to respect the outcome."

"We have a separation of powers that gives us balance," he said. "And that doesn't protect the branches. It's not there to protect the executive branch or legislative branch. It's to protect liberty. It's to keep any branch from assuming so much control that they become a threat to liberty."

ALL of it here:
Liberal Law Prof Obama Exec Amnesty Dangerous Unprecedented Threat to Constitutional System

Exactly what we were talking about earlier! D's and R's should be concerned about this. It's not just about Obama but the overreach in his so called application of the constitution.

This could lead to a Constitutional Crisis in our day and we have to meet it head on.

Some "liberal lawyer".

I love it how righties quote liberals till sun up when they can use it, then discredit every other things they ever say.

I'm getting the impression righties are indulging the fantasy that Obama's dissapproval opens up the possibility that not only swing voters mught go right, but actual lefties might go right.

It's so adorable.

Oh...yeah...Fox.
And the votes on voting day.

Here are plans.

Patients’ Choice Act

May 2009

programs

of choices

You ask me why they did not say anything. I show you how they did, culminating in Ted Cruz filibustering for 21 hours, and he was crushed for those types of actions. Especially that one.

You ask me for the proposals by the republicans and I show you what they proposed. The MSM media lied of course stating that they did not propose anything.

The republicans NOT ONE voted for the fraud. The TEA PARTY spoke and yelled for years against the obamacare, maybe you are deaf. I do not know.

Do not give me this never ending shit that there was no voice of opposition. Especially when there was. You not hearing it, only illustrates how controlled the information is.

Stop it with your shit.

You didn't answer any of my questions. The GOP failed to adequately publicize their "plan".

I know you don't want to criticize your party.

If Obama rams this through, and the public doesn't see an alternative, too bad.

Some "liberal lawyer".

It's so adorable.

Oh...yeah...Fox.

That IS Adorable!

I mean who but the Intellectually Less Fortunate would offer straw reasoning as ARGUMENT?

Absolutely ADORABLE!

In truth,
there are now plenty of votes in the House to cleave obamacare from the law. The Challenge is in the overriding of obama's veto. But, we'll be handling that in '16, when a Tea Party candidate takes the Presidency back and when the Legislature enjoys a Tea Party majority in both houses of the congress.

And THAT... oh... now won't THAT, be precious?

Like allowing Ebola infected people to roam freely about the country, Obama's grant of amnesty is an act or war

We're still waiting on that apocalypse you said ebola would cause in America Frankie

Yep... we sure are.

But we're no longer waiting on the time when Leftist will be so devoid of any sense of reality, that they'll literally claim that there's no danger to the culture to allow EBOLA into the nation.

As THAT sad ship, has already sailed.

Some "liberal lawyer".

It's so adorable.

Oh...yeah...Fox.

That IS Adorable!

I mean who but the Intellectually Less Fortunate would offer straw reasoning as ARGUMENT?

Absolutely ADORABLE!

In truth,
there are now plenty of votes in the House to cleave obamacare from the law. The Challenge is in the overriding of obama's veto. But, we'll be handling that in '16, when a Tea Party candidate takes the Presidency back and when the Legislature enjoys a Tea Party majority in both houses of the congress.

And THAT... oh... now won't THAT, be precious?
WTF does that have to do with the thread, oh great intellect?

Like allowing Ebola infected people to roam freely about the country, Obama's grant of amnesty is an act or war

We're still waiting on that apocalypse you said ebola would cause in America Frankie

Yep... we sure are.

But we're no longer waiting on the time when Leftist will be so devoid of any sense of reality, that they'll literally claim that there's no danger to the culture to allow EBOLA into the nation.

As THAT sad ship, has already sailed.

Lol really? YOU accuse someone of being devoid of a sense of reality! :rofl:

You poor thing!

Forum List

Back