LIBERAL LAW PROF: OBAMA EXEC AMNESTY 'DANGEROUS' & 'UNPRECEDENTED THREAT' TO CONSTITUTIONAL SYSTEM

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
not much more to say about that man who is calling himself, our President

SNIP:

obama-lincoln-memorial-ap-640x480.jpg

by TONY LEE 17 Nov 2014 72POST A COMMENT

Liberal George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley believes that President Barack Obama's forthcoming executive amnesty will be an "unprecedented" and "dangerous" overreach that will threaten America's constitutional system of governance.
"This would be unprecedented and I think it would be an unprecedented threat to the balance of powers within our system," Turley said
on Friday's edition of Fox News' The Kelly File.

Turley noted that Obama is intent on going ahead with his executive amnesty that may "again violate separation of powers" even after the Supreme Court unanimously ruled that Obama did so while making unconstitutional recess appointments. He said that Obama "isn't being particularly coy about" taking on legislative duties to "become a government of one."

Reports have indicated that Obama will grant executive amnesty and temporary work permits to possibly five million illegal immigrants as early as this week. Turley, who has opposed presidents of both parties when they have acted unilaterally, has previously said the "framers would be horrified" by the executive actions that are putting constitutional system at its "tipping point."

Turley added that Obama's executive amnesty will be even more dangerous because Obama would be defying the will of Congress immediately after an election in which voters rejected Obama's illegal immigration agenda.

"We have a Congress that is coming in with the full voice of the American people behind them," Turley said. "That's what an election is. Now, you may disagree with the outcome, but you have to respect the outcome."

"We have a separation of powers that gives us balance," he said. "And that doesn't protect the branches. It's not there to protect the executive branch or legislative branch. It's to protect liberty. It's to keep any branch from assuming so much control that they become a threat to liberty."

ALL of it here:
Liberal Law Prof Obama Exec Amnesty Dangerous Unprecedented Threat to Constitutional System

Turley is also the lawyer representing the House of Representatives in its civil actions against Obama's executive actions in the implementation of the ACA.

Turley is also the lawyer representing the House of Representatives in its civil actions against Obama's executive actions in the implementation of the ACA.

Makes you wanna' say "Hmmmmm....."

This guy is not a peanut farmer, nor a former actor who starred with chimpanzees in the 1950s, and not a spoiled West Texas oil field brat with a rich daddy. This guy has an Ivy League law degree and taught Constitutional law at the U of Chicago for FOUR YEARS, and I really do think he would know how far he can push the envelope.

Like allowing Ebola infected people to roam freely about the country, Obama's grant of amnesty is an act or war

yes, EXACTLY like allowing Ebola infected people to roam freely about the country !

oh LOOK, there goes one now !

From his web page:

TURLEY AGREES TO SERVE AS LEAD COUNSEL FOR HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES IN CONSTITUTIONAL CHALLENGE JONATHAN TURLEY

As many on this blog know, I support national health care and voted for President Obama in his first presidential campaign. However, as I have often stressed before Congress, in the Madisonian system it is as important how you do something as what you do. And, the Executive is barred from usurping the Legislative Branch’s Article I powers, no matter how politically attractive or expedient it is to do so. Unilateral, unchecked Executive action is precisely the danger that the Framers sought to avoid in our constitutional system. This case represents a long-overdue effort by Congress to resolve fundamental Separation of Powers issues. In that sense, it has more to do with constitutional law than health care law. Without judicial review of unconstitutional actions by the Executive, the trend toward a dominant presidential model of government will continue in this country in direct conflict with the original design and guarantees of our Constitution. Our constitutional system as a whole (as well as our political system) would benefit greatly by courts reinforcing the lines of separation between the respective branches.

What goes around comes around, the libs will get theirs for this clowns overreach.

Well, this is the part of the story that concerns me.

The liberals are (predictably) downplaying the story, sure. But what happens if a Republican President wants to push things even further?

"Turnabout is fair play" is understandable, but I sure don't like this direction.

Just doing what he's paid to do - rouse the rabble.

Just AMAZING how the BRAIN DEAD CROWD rolls in to completely BLOW OFF a constitutional crisis in the making.... because it's THEIR BOI KING doing it.... just amazing.

BRAIN DEAD... mind boggling... progtards.

We need another Civil War.

What goes around comes around, the libs will get theirs for this clowns overreach.

Well, this is the part of the story that concerns me.

The liberals are (predictably) downplaying the story, sure. But what happens if a Republican President wants to push things even further?

"Turnabout is fair play" is understandable, but I sure don't like this direction.

Why don't you tell us what the MSM would be doing if a republican was doing this.

HINT: Nixon was utterly destroyed, countless movies made, and Woodward and Bernstein have both dislocated their shoulders for patting themselves on their own backs for 40 years. Oh, and they are heroes for every aspiring college student who is studying journalism at Northwestern.

Nixon spied on 5 democrats.

The obama-cult is comprised by the insurgency of individuals who adhere to Foreign Ideas that are hostile to American Principle.

Born to an African, a Kenyan Nationalist and a communist... obama's life is a precise example of WHY the Framers of the US Constitution specifically forbade those born of natural opposition to American principles from taking the Office of the Presidency.

When you elect a person to the office of the Executive, who is known to oppose the tenets of the US Constitution, who is a known relativist, and hope that his 'affirmation' to defend the US Constitution is relevant to what can reasonably be expected of him... you can rest assured that HE sees you as: STUPID.

I'd like to see Obama tell Congress: "Okay gang, you have until January 31, 2015 to put an immigration bill on my desk. If it's not there, I'll do it myself."

At least that.

Then neither silly side can bitch.

Do you know or not know that the president cannot usurp federal law, or make up laws with out congress?

I cannot fucking tell.

Forum List

Back