Letterman the victim of extortion attempt

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
CBS "Late Show" host David Letterman shocked his audience Thursday with the revelation that he had sexual relationships with female staffers on his show and that he has been the target of an extortion attempt because of the acts.

The 62-year-old comedian told his studio audience during the taping of Thursday night's show that he had received threats to pay someone $2 million or his relationships with female employees would be made public.

Letterman said he turned the matter over to the district attorney's office in Manhattan, which set up a sting operation that resulted in the arrest of the person behind the blackmail attempt.

Letterman, who was married in March to long-time companion Regina Lasko, did not offer any kind of time line as to when the sexual encounters with employees took place. Letterman and Lasko have a 5-year-old son, Harry.

Letterman said the man who tried to extort the money from him was caught by police after trying to cash a "phony" $2 million check that authorities had instructed the comedian to give to the man. Thursday morning Letterman testified against the extortionist, he said.

"This morning, I did something I've never done in my life," Letterman told his audience. "I had to go downtown and testify before a grand jury."

Z on TV: David Letterman reveals affairs, extortion attempt - Sun critic David Zurawik writes about the business, culture and craziness of television - baltimoresun.com

Just who in their right mind would be stupid enough to lower themselves so low as to have sex with David Letterman? His penis is most likely as small as his ignorant Sarah Palin jokes.

Sarah Palin is a joke.

Here's a concept: If one doesn't want to be compromised, do nothing that gets you into a situation where you can be compromised. If your dipping into the company well becoming public is not an issue for you, go for it. But if someone can compromise you, forget it.

Go figure it could be that simple.

Letterman is as butt ugly on the inside as he is on the outside.

Top Ten Reasons to have sex with David Letterman.

I will start.

Number 10. When Dave sticks his tongue between the gap in his teeth enough suction is created to turn a vagina into a penis. Sex change Doctors in Stockholm call this the Letterman procedure.

Number Seven: Dave threatens have sex with him or write for Conan O'Brien .

Am i supposed to have sypathy for Letterman here? Or somehow feel for the guy? He shoudlnt be engaging in compromising activities. He isnt a victim. You arent a victim if you cause the problem to begin with. I wish people would learn that.

Number Six: You could get pregnant and win the child support lottery, though most of your money will be used up in plastic surgery for the baby.

Am i supposed to have sypathy for Letterman here? Or somehow feel for the guy? He shoudlnt be engaging in compromising activities..

Ah there is nothing wrong with comprimising activities, just don't comprimise when you get caught.

I would have said "yes I did it, so what? Now stop extorting, go back to making pizzas and wait to die."

Last edited:
Number five: For sixteen years GE has been plying Letterman with hookers and the GE "imagination at work" has finally payed off.

Am i supposed to have sypathy for Letterman here? Or somehow feel for the guy? He shoudlnt be engaging in compromising activities. He isnt a victim. You arent a victim if you cause the problem to begin with. I wish people would learn that.

Of course he is a victim. Extortion is illegal no? Extra martial affairs aren't.

Forum List

Back