Letterman the victim of extortion attempt

Number four: If you do not have sex with Dave he will do a 'John McCain' on you, a 20 minute rant that kills more brain cells than Keth Richards has slaughtered..

If Letterman were reading this right now, oh how he would be laughing, my oh my tears would be streaming down his sneakers.

Number Three: Ever since Oprah refused to have sex with Dave he has been taking it out on the hired help.

I seem to remember a poster a few months back who's only reason for being here was to tell us about some Dave Letterman sex scandal that nobody knew about.

I think we were dicks to him.

CBS "Late Show" host David Letterman shocked his audience Thursday with the revelation that he had sexual relationships with female staffers on his show and that he has been the target of an extortion attempt because of the acts.

The 62-year-old comedian told his studio audience during the taping of Thursday night's show that he had received threats to pay someone $2 million or his relationships with female employees would be made public.

Letterman said he turned the matter over to the district attorney's office in Manhattan, which set up a sting operation that resulted in the arrest of the person behind the blackmail attempt.

Letterman, who was married in March to long-time companion Regina Lasko, did not offer any kind of time line as to when the sexual encounters with employees took place. Letterman and Lasko have a 5-year-old son, Harry.

Letterman said the man who tried to extort the money from him was caught by police after trying to cash a "phony" $2 million check that authorities had instructed the comedian to give to the man. Thursday morning Letterman testified against the extortionist, he said.

"This morning, I did something I've never done in my life," Letterman told his audience. "I had to go downtown and testify before a grand jury."

Z on TV: David Letterman reveals affairs, extortion attempt - Sun critic David Zurawik writes about the business, culture and craziness of television - baltimoresun.com

Couldn't happen to a more deserving piece of Human shit. Anyone that thinks it is ok to attack a 14 year old Girl cause he thinks it will sell time on his show is not worth the time to watch or listen too.

I seem to remember a poster a few months back who's only reason for being here was to tell us about some Dave Letterman sex scandal that nobody knew about.

Hmm ... I don't recall that. But talk about the irony! :eek:

He was a little off ...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/76424-dave-lettermans-marriage.html

... unless this co-worker happens to be a Russian webcam girl.

Damn! You beat me to it!!!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/76424-dave-lettermans-marriage.html

I just did a search to find the thread that sweet williams started on letterman's affair...

Hmm ... I don't recall that. But talk about the irony! :eek:

He was a little off ...

... unless this co-worker happens to be a Russian webcam girl.
maybe the co-worker was just PRETENDING to be a russian webcam girl

:eusa_whistle:

I don't get why Letterman had to say anything about this.

Kinda hard to blackmail someone when they get ahead of you and announce the 'big secret' themselves.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xPre-Wwz9I]YouTube - David Letterman Admits to Sexual Affairs with Female Staffers[/ame]

I can't believe he opened that package. That was very, VERY stupid. If I were to find a package in the back of my car, I'd first get as far away as possible then call in the police. And with him being a celebrity? Good grief...

Sounds like Letterman acted like a scumbag at some point. However, to say because of that he deserved to be blackmailed is like saying because you forgot to lock your door one morning, you deserved to be robbed. Unlike the partisan bullshit on here, IRL wo wrongs never make a right.

Am i supposed to have sypathy for Letterman here? Or somehow feel for the guy? He shoudlnt be engaging in compromising activities. He isnt a victim. You arent a victim if you cause the problem to begin with. I wish people would learn that.

Of course he is a victim. Extortion is illegal no? Extra martial affairs aren't.

I was wondering when someone would bring up this truth. The extortionist is the criminal, not Letterman.

Sounds like Letterman acted like a scumbag at some point. However, to say because of that he deserved to be blackmailed is like saying because you forgot to lock your door one morning, you deserved to be robbed. Unlike the partisan bullshit on here, IRL wo wrongs never make a right.
I think a lot of posters here believe that.

I'm surprised he didn't blame Sarah for orchestrating the extortion.

Oh well, fuck him, it couldn't happen to a nicer asshole.:clap2:

Maybe she did, she was pretty mad at him. Also, we all know how interested she is in money.

I'm glad you brought that up...

Forum List

Back