Letterman the victim of extortion attempt

Scumbag?

I think Letterman is a great American hero.

He had his production assistant, wife and millions too.

Dave is just shaking the invisible hand.

i love how a thread that should or could be about sexual harrassement in the workplace is turned into a sarah palin thread...way to go....way to jump on the issues of distraction bandwagon.

I seem to remember a poster a few months back who's only reason for being here was to tell us about some Dave Letterman sex scandal that nobody knew about.

I think we were dicks to him.

I don't remember that, but if we were... He'll be back. :D

Immie

I don't get why Letterman had to say anything about this.

Actually, it's a smart move. By going public, he removed the chance that any future extortion attempts would take place. If the world already knows, who in their right mind would demand hush money?

I don't get why Letterman had to say anything about this.

Actually, it's a smart move. By going public, he removed the chance that any future extortion attempts would take place. If the world already knows, who in their right mind would demand hush money?

I agree.

What I don't understand is what the big deal is since it seems to me like this must have occured prior to his marriage in March. I do not condone sex out of wedlock, but that is my personal beliefs and not something I can push on others. It does not appear from what I read that he forced his co-workers to have sex with him. The only problem I see is that there could be a sexual harrassment charge against him and since it does not appear that the employees are involved in the extortion, what does that have to do with anything.

And please tell me where all these people get off condemning the man for having sex out of wedlock when so much of the country participates in sex out of wedlock.

My personal feelings are that sex with employees is a stupid thing to do because of the harrassment issue. He's foolish! That is for sure. But that doesn't make him any worse than anyone else in this world.

He did exactly the right thing in going public. Of course, I wonder if this will hurt his ratings at all? I mean will all those people who are sleeping around stop watching him because he slept around?

Immie

I only hope the whore Lecherman finally married takes him for millions and millions and millions when the divorce comes. His admission to more whoring around is her gravey ticket! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I only hope the whore Lecherman finally married takes him for millions and millions and millions when the divorce comes. His admission to more whoring around is her gravey ticket! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would have to say that if he was involved with the employees before their marriage she would not have grounds for divorce based on infidelity... if he continued after the marriage he's scum anyway. But, if she divorces him because of this and it all happened before the marriage, then I would say she never loved him in the first place and her sole desire in the relationship was to take him for everything she could get as soon as she could get it.

Would that make her a whore?

Immie

I really don't understand why anyone is condemning a single man for having sex, even if some of his partners were consensual co-workers.

You guys are nuts.

Am i supposed to have sypathy for Letterman here? Or somehow feel for the guy? He shoudlnt be engaging in compromising activities. He isnt a victim. You arent a victim if you cause the problem to begin with. I wish people would learn that.

Of course he is a victim. Extortion is illegal no? Extra martial affairs aren't.

I was wondering when someone would bring up this truth. The extortionist is the criminal, not Letterman.

Nobody's saying Letterman is a criminal.

He's just a guy who hires woman if they sleep with him.

Are you defending someone like that?

Ame®icano;1574963 said:
Of course he is a victim. Extortion is illegal no? Extra martial affairs aren't.

I was wondering when someone would bring up this truth. The extortionist is the criminal, not Letterman.

I doubt Letterman has any supervisory position over anyone that he's slept with. Entertainers are not supervisors.

Ame®icano;1574963 said:

I doubt Letterman has any supervisory position over anyone that he's slept with. Entertainers are not supervisors.

I doubt there would be anyone in his team that he doesn't like.

Ame®icano;1574963 said:

Are you aware of how stupid your post is?

Ame®icano;1574963 said:

Are you aware of how stupid your post is?

I'm aware that you're defending Letterman.

Letterman, and CBS, are in potential legal trouble over this - and he knows it.

The $2 million extortion case will be a minor side show if he has not gotten in front of the potential lawsuits that could be coming down the pike for him and the network.

He has either already paid off these women to keep them "happy", or is going to right-quick.

The trial could damage Letterman immensely, as it could reveal him to be a leacherous abuser of his authority over women on his staff.

It will either go away for him at the cost of $$$$, or his career will crash and burn at the cost of even more $$$$$....

The $2 million extortion case will be a minor side show if he has not gotten in front of the potential lawsuits that could be coming down the pike for him and the network.

He has either already paid off these women to keep them "happy", or is going to right-quick.

The trial could damage Letterman immensely, as it could reveal him to be a leacherous abuser of his authority over women on his staff.

It will either go away for him at the cost of $$$$, or his career will crash and burn at the cost of even more $$$$$....
Again, he isn't a supervisor. The extortionist was not someone he slept with.

Damn you people are stupid and hypocritical.

Again, he isn't a supervisor. The extortionist was not someone he slept with.

Damn you people are stupid and hypocritical.

You are trying to state Letterman does not control his own show?

You are aware his own production company owns that show, right?

The guy slept with women on his staff - are you so blind as to deny the potential for abuse of his position of authority in those cases?

Good Lord...

So what if Dave had sex with women on his staff. At least he's not a fat, hypocritical, blow-hard drug addict.

Forum List

Back