Let's Talk BCS!

Originally, yeah, I thought the Big 12 was the best this year. However, with the way Florida's playing, I think we'd see a hell of a game if it were Florida against Texas or oklahoma. Alabama just doesn't have it all together like Florida does.
My pick is still Oklahoma to beat Florida in the BCS Championship. But I would not be surprised if Florida pulled it off.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, that's what we want. ;)

You've have lost your damn mind Gunny. The Big 12 is all about offense. When was the last Big 12 game that somebody that mattered scored less than 30 points. Fact is that your defenses suck and defense wins championships. Playing BAMA right now is like putting yoru head in a vice and turning the handle. Yes, your offenses are great and are definately more exciting to watch than BAMA, but how good is that offense if Colt McCoy is sitting on the sideline with his thumb up his ass watching BAMA grind it out. We match up well against everyone we play. that is how Saban wants it and I hope he keeps making people believers. I love being #1 and still being considered the underdog.

:cool:

Aside from not deserving to be #1 since they haven't played anyone worth a fuck, you better hope that defense you brag about can stop Oklahoma because if it can't, your offense couldn't keep up with Baylor's.

Watching Bama grind it out. Right. You must've stolen JSanders' KoolAid.:cuckoo:

Aside from not deserving to be #1 since they haven't played anyone worth a fuck, you better hope that defense you brag about can stop Oklahoma because if it can't, your offense couldn't keep up with Baylor's.

Watching Bama grind it out. Right. You must've stolen JSanders' KoolAid.:cuckoo:

When we win our 13th National championship, I'll expect your retraction. :lol:

Are you going to start taking bets for next Saturday's game Crimson?

Florida looked pretty good yesterday, what say you?

Florida vs. Alabama: SEC Championship Game tickets - St. Petersburg Times

I never bet on football. I'm too emotionally tied to the game. I will say that we match up better against Florida than anyone is giving us credit for. Florida's offense is expolsive, but how expolsive is it going to be if we are controlling the clock and keeping Tebow and company on the sideline. Plus, Tebow hasn't seen a front four like we have. If anyone can pressure on Tebow, it's BAMA. This is going to be a good game. It's going to be closer than anyone else thinks it is. We can win this one. That's all I can say.

I never bet on football. I'm too emotionally tied to the game. I will say that we match up better against Florida than anyone is giving us credit for. Florida's offense is expolsive, but how expolsive is it going to be if we are controlling the clock and keeping Tebow and company on the sideline. Plus, Tebow hasn't seen a front four like we have. If anyone can pressure on Tebow, it's BAMA. This is going to be a good game. It's going to be closer than anyone else thinks it is. We can win this one. That's all I can say.

Well, nothing I like better than a good college football game!

I'll be watching this with bells on, and cheering for your Tide, just because of you my friend! :D

I watched football all day yesterday and last night, then my Colts today....probably will watch Sunday Night Football tonight. :cool:

Well, nothing I like better than a good college football game!I'll be watching this with bells on, and cheering for your Tide, just because of you my friend! :D

I watched football all day yesterday and last night, then my Colts today....probably will watch Sunday Night Football tonight. :cool:

You won't be dissapointed.

When we win our 13th National championship, I'll expect your retraction. :lol:

You won't get it. The win, nor the retraction. You must have missed the part where IMO 'Bama shouldn't even be in the game. That's not going to change. I most certainly don't think Oklahoma should have been put above UT.

That would mean regardless WHICH TEAM wins, the outcome means nothing to me. Won't be the first time I disagreed with BCS, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

You won't get it. The win, nor the retraction. You must have missed the part where IMO 'Bama shouldn't even be in the game. That's not going to change. I most certainly don't think Oklahoma should have been put above UT.

That would mean regardless WHICH TEAM wins, the outcome means nothing to me. Won't be the first time I disagreed with BCS, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

So an undefeated SEC team doesn't deserve to be #1? Georgia, LSU, and Clemson all lost to us. Teams that were supposed to beat us. After they played us, their seasons went to shit. That means that they played somebody and lost. We are the team to beat in the SEC and it hasn't happened yet. The only league tougher than the SEC is the NFL.

Alabama's problem is that they haven't played anyone worth a damn. Their biggest challenge was Georgia, and Georgia turned out to be a joke.

Florida hasn't really played anyone either. They did lose to Mississippi, but if you think the Florida on the field yesterday is the same Florida that played Mississippi, you're :cuckoo:.

The SEC is subpar to the Big 12 this year. I've said it since the second or third week, and I still stand by it. I'm a major SEC fan, so it's hard enough for me to say it.

I don't see Alabama beating Florida, and I don't see either one of them beating Oklahoma.

And Gunny, why don't you cry about it? OU outscored Texas this year. I think they earned the spot they got.

So an undefeated SEC team doesn't deserve to be #1? Georgia, LSU, and Clemson all lost to us. Teams that were supposed to beat us. After they played us, their seasons went to shit. That means that they played somebody and lost. We are the team to beat in the SEC and it hasn't happened yet. The only league tougher than the SEC is the NFL.

Whatever you say, dude.:cuckoo:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
LMAO.

Boomer Sooner, Baby. TCOB, Boys, or none of it's worth a shi*.

P.S. I HATE the BCS.

I'll start by saying that I despise the BCS human polling. I have no problem with taking the actual numbers earned on the field and running em thru a computer to pick the top 8.

After that, the only way to go from 8 to 1 is on the field with blood, guts, cheerleaders, marching bands, screaming fans, bad weather, and worse than bad calls by the refs. Let slip the dawgs of war baby.

BTW, The Big 12 beats the SEC any day of the week (excepting the occasional Saturday :lol:) when you run the numbers. This year, I think OU, UT, or TT could take it from Bama. But, all this opinion only counts on a message board.

Say it with me guys ............ Playoffs!

Say it with me guys ............ Playoffs!

Hoping for playoffs in college football is like hoping for the abolition of the electoral college. Ain't gonna happen.

I wouldn't mind playoffs, but I have one major beef with that system. When a three loss team can make the playoffs and potentially beat an undefeated team in the first round, it nullifies the validity of the playoff system. A good undefeated team always deserves to play in the title game, and having one bad day and losing to a lackluster opponent should not discredit their entire season. That's one thing the BCS gets right. Florida screwed up and lost to Ole Miss. 8 times out of 10, they likely would have won that game, but it just wasn't a good day for them. If that were the playoffs, their season would be over.

My support for a playoff system would be based on how many teams make the bracket, and how those seeds are determined. I say using the top 12 BCS teams would work, and give the top two seeds a bye until the second round. Otherwise you'd have to include 16 teams, and that's way too many. That would mean a team like Georgia, who's had a poor season, at best, could earn a shot at the national title. It just ain't right.

Hoping for playoffs in college football is like hoping for the abolition of the electoral college. Ain't gonna happen. Aint that the truth. But, what's life without a forelorn hope or two?

I wouldn't mind playoffs, but I have one major beef with that system. When a three loss team can make the playoffs and potentially beat an undefeated team in the first round, it nullifies the validity of the playoff system. I understand your point, but IMO playoffs are as much about rising to a challenge as about your season record. I'd like to see Ball St, Boise St, or Utah get a shot and see if the team as a whole has the heart to step up

A good undefeated team always deserves to play in the title game, and having one bad day and losing to a lackluster opponent should not discredit their entire season. That's one thing the BCS gets right. Florida screwed up and lost to Ole Miss. 8 times out of 10, they likely would have won that game, but it just wasn't a good day for them. If that were the playoffs, their season would be over. Yeah but look at Big 12 South. Any of those teams should be able to take Missouri.

My support for a playoff system would be based on how many teams make the bracket, and how those seeds are determined. I say using the top 12 BCS teams would work, and give the top two seeds a bye until the second round. I would do top ten. Number one and two get a bye. Then number three plays number ten, number four goes at number eight etc. Otherwise you'd have to include 16 teams, and that's way too many. That would mean a team like Georgia, who's had a poor season, at best, could earn a shot at the national title. It just ain't right.

Ah well, part of the appeal of college football is that not everyone agrees.

Here's hoping for a playoff anyway :eusa_pray:

If you did Top 10, #1 and #2 would have to get byes until the second round.

Crimson, winning a poll does not a champion make.

If you did Top 10, #1 and #2 would have to get byes until the second round.

Crimson, winning a poll does not a champion make.

I'd personally prefer a top 8. But, I thought you were for the top 12, so I split the difference.

As to Alabama, It just goes to show that there is too much picking and polling and not enough playing to determine the National Champs. So, if he (Crimson) wants to claim 8, 13, or 16 then more power to him.

Forum List

Back