Let's Talk BCS!

I disagree. It was explained in depth to me last night by one of these BCS datadinks. The only way OU moves ahead is if it blows out Oklahoma St.

Texas PLAYED A&M and blew then out 49-9. Unless Ok St falls apart, OU isn't going to blow them out.

Besides, I LOVE to see stuff like this screw up. I hope Florida State and Oklahoma State BOTH win.:badgrin:

Uh, turn on ABC Gunny..........

Florida is creaming FSU right now, in the wet, muddy field. It's a cool game to watch!

I disagree. It was explained in depth to me last night by one of these BCS datadinks. The only way OU moves ahead is if it blows out Oklahoma St.

Texas PLAYED A&M and blew then out 49-9. Unless Ok St falls apart, OU isn't going to blow them out.

Besides, I LOVE to see stuff like this screw up. I hope Florida State and Oklahoma State BOTH win.:badgrin:

I'd rather see Missouri win the Big 12, and then really send the BCS into a frenzy.

Or: Florida and Bama both lose today (won't happen, both are rolling), and Oklahoma St wins, and Missouri wins the Big 12 over Texas, and it's just a giant clusterfuck all around.

Oklahoma could easily blow out Oklahoma St. Remember: Texas Tech only beat Texas by 6, and Oklahoma beat Texas Tech by 44. Texas only beat Oklahoma St by 4. So, we'll see.

Oh, and you do realize that an Oklahoma St win puts Texas Tech in the Big 12 championship (and likely into the national championship), not Texas, right?

I'd rather see Missouri win the Big 12, and then really send the BCS into a frenzy.

Or: Florida and Bama both lose today (won't happen, both are rolling), and Oklahoma St wins, and Missouri wins the Big 12 over Texas, and it's just a giant clusterfuck all around.

Oklahoma could easily blow out Oklahoma St. Remember: Texas Tech only beat Texas by 6, and Oklahoma beat Texas Tech by 44. Texas only beat Oklahoma St by 4. So, we'll see.

Oh, and you do realize that an Oklahoma St win puts Texas Tech in the Big 12 championship (and likely into the national championship), not Texas, right?

Texas Tech won't move up nor go to the National Championship. Nobody'll want to see that game. They lose too much money.

Well, the cluster is fucked.......

Until tomorrow, Missouri is #13 and guaranteed a trip to the Big 12 Championship.
OU, UT, and TT are #3, 2, and & 7 respectivily.
Two teams that clearly can beat Missouri will be excluded.

And now we are waiting for freaking polls to decide the issue. A letter to the Big 12 Commish is going out sometime Tuesday (my next night off) asking "WTF?".

Subdivisions need to be eliminated and then there needs to be..... say it with me.... Playoffs.

Oklahoma should have no problems jumping Texas after a 20 point win over Oklahoma St, whom Texas only beat by 4. Oklahoma beat Tech by 44, Texas lost to Tech.

It's a pretty clear cut move. Then next week, Florida dominates Alabama in the SEC Championship.

Uh, turn on ABC Gunny..........

Florida is creaming FSU right now, in the wet, muddy field. It's a cool game to watch!

As a Tallahassee resident, nothing makes me happier than to watch the Noles get creamed by the Gators. Yes, I know we're in the minority here. But, the FSU fans have totally turned us off of FSU.

Oklahoma should have no problems jumping Texas after a 20 point win over Oklahoma St, whom Texas only beat by 4. Oklahoma beat Tech by 44, Texas lost to Tech.

It's a pretty clear cut move. Then next week, Florida dominates Alabama in the SEC Championship.

Clear cut my ass---Texas beat OU by ten points on a neutral field. Why should OU get the nod over Texas when Texas kicked their ass?

Clear cut my ass---Texas beat OU by ten points on a neutral field. Why should OU get the nod over Texas when Texas kicked their ass?

Why should Texas get the nod over Texas Tech when Texas Tech beat them?

Why should Tech get the nod over Oklahoma when Oklahoma beat them?

It comes down to the BCS rankings, and it's a pretty safe bet that Oklahoma won by a large enough margin to jump Texas in the polls. Sorry, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Besides, Texas beat Oklahoma WEEKS ago. If they replayed, I think we'd see a different game.

Why should Texas get the nod over Texas Tech when Texas Tech beat them?

Why should Tech get the nod over Oklahoma when Oklahoma beat them?

It comes down to the BCS rankings, and it's a pretty safe bet that Oklahoma won by a large enough margin to jump Texas in the polls. Sorry, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Besides, Texas beat Oklahoma WEEKS ago. If they replayed, I think we'd see a different game.

My only point is that it's far from clear cut----it's come down to what could be easily described as a popularity contest.

Conjecturing about the outcome game played today between OU and Texas is silly----You know full well anything could happen and "what if's" are exactly that.
Voters and computers deciding football champions is absurd and everyone knows that on any given day these tops teams all have a chance of beating the other.

My only point is that it's far from clear cut----it's come down to what could be easily described as a popularity contest.

Conjecturing about the outcome game played today between OU and Texas is silly----You know full well anything could happen and "what if's" are exactly that.
Voters and computers deciding football champions is absurd and everyone knows that on any given day these tops teams all have a chance of beating the other.

JSanders is a Hogs fan. It's more like he's hoping than anything else. That game last night was a game right up to the last minute. It's unfortunate the score does not reflect how close it was for 57 minutes. Neither team could stop the other. OSU stopped themselves with turnovers.

IMO, from actually watching the game, I don't think OU did enough to jump UT, but that doesn't mean a thing. The BCS does some stupid crap and I expect more of the same this year.

That's the beauty of the three way tie. Each team lost one, to one of the other two tied teams. It is a kinky lil menage a trois eh?

I have no problem with using a computer to rank teams thru the season. That's because you can place whatever variables you want into numerics and the computer is unbiased. Of course the algorithm should be public domain so that no one can accuse you of programming a bias in there.

I hate the voters. This aint politics, it is something far more important, Football.

I wish there was a nationwide spasm of po'd fans demanding a merge of the bowl games with a playoff system.

USA Today has Oklahoma at #2, Texas at #3. The Harris Poll has not yet been released. AP has Texas #3, Oklahoma #4, but that won't affect the BCS.

The only way to fairly break a tie, I say, is look at the points scored against common opponents in the conference. Those four teams are A&M, Ok St, Baylor, and Kansas.

Texas outscored those four teams by 96 points. Tech outscored those four teams by 102 points. OU outscored those four teams by 104 points.

Or, if we want to look at how the teams outscored each other...

Tech's net score against OU and Texas is -38. Texas's net score against OU and Tech is 4. OU's net score against Tech and Texas is 34.

So, any way you slice it, OU's had the better year. We'll see if the BCS agrees.

I really don't think Texas or Oklahoma against 'Bama would be much of game. 'Bama might be the big boys on THEIR block, but we don't live there.:cool:

You've have lost your damn mind Gunny. The Big 12 is all about offense. When was the last Big 12 game that somebody that mattered scored less than 30 points. Fact is that your defenses suck and defense wins championships. Playing BAMA right now is like putting yoru head in a vice and turning the handle. Yes, your offenses are great and are definately more exciting to watch than BAMA, but how good is that offense if Colt McCoy is sitting on the sideline with his thumb up his ass watching BAMA grind it out. We match up well against everyone we play. that is how Saban wants it and I hope he keeps making people believers. I love being #1 and still being considered the underdog.

:cool:

Forum List

Back