Let's hear it for cops

One day crackerjack and the other ****** posting in here might have to call the cops for help. Is that funny to anyone else?
Thanks but you dont have to call us stars. I would never call a cop for anything. I'm pretty sure they would shoot me first and ask questions later. Name one thing a cop can do for me I cant do for myself?

They could save your family after your tough guy act inevitably fails.
I dont need a tough guy act. I have guns and years of training. So does my family.

No. I'll get over it when all the racist cops are euthanized like the feral animals they are.

I have, on average, a dozen interactions with offenders on a typical workday. When I question a Black person, I'm invariably told, 'You only stopped me because I'm black.'. When I question a Hispanic, the response is, 'You only stopped me because I'm Mexican. When I question a White person, the response is, 'You only stopped me because of how I'm dressed/my tattoos/ my hair/ because I'm a kid/...'. Black officers are told the same thing, as are Asian, Indian, and Hispanic officers. It's the subject of much amusement among us.

It's natural to want to believe you're being singled out by the police because of any reason other than the actual offense you're committing or suspected of committing. But, the plain truth is, I don't have the time or inclination to waste time or create a potential situation for any other reason than to stop an offense.

When you walk away from an incident, you're always want to believe you were singled out for racist reasons. But, in two years of doing this job, I've never met a cop that selects his offense related interaction based on race.

No. I'll get over it when all the racist cops are euthanized like the feral animals they are.

I have, on average, a dozen interactions with offenders on a typical workday. When I question a Black person, I'm invariably told, 'You only stopped me because I'm black.'. When I question a Hispanic, the response is, 'You only stopped me because I'm Mexican. When I question a White person, the response is, 'You only stopped me because of how I'm dressed/my tattoos/ my hair/ because I'm a kid/...'. Black officers are told the same thing, as are Asian, Indian, and Hispanic officers. It's the subject of much amusement among us.

It's natural to want to believe you're being singled out by the police because of any reason other than the actual offense you're committing or suspected of committing. But, the plain truth is, I don't have the time or inclination to waste time or create a potential situation for any other reason than to stop an offense.

When you walk away from an incident, you're always want to believe you were singled out for racist reasons. But, in two years of doing this job, I've never met a cop that selects his offense related interaction based on race.
i disagree. I lived it. Why would a cop stop me because I was walking to school? Why would he call me a nigga during the time he was doing it? It was just harassment. There is no law against walking to school so you need to develop another lie to convince yourself it was my fault because I was doing something illegal..

Why would a cop stop me because I was walking to school

Because he received a report of an offense and you fit the description of the offender?

Just the other night I got a report of two black youths attempting to break into cars in a train station car park. My partner and I quickly found the two, a block away, just sitting on a bus bench looking quite innocent.

When I stopped to question them they immediately reacted with huge shouts and accusations of racism from me and my Hispanic partner. I pointed out that we didn't stop them because of their race, but the fact they both were wearing BRIGHT RED HILLFIGER jackets spotted on CCTV by the train station security.

They were the only ones wearing those jackets anywhere near the station and, when searched, were carrying break-in tools. If I saw two White kids wearing the same jackets, I would have stopped them too. People often misidentify race, especially over a CCTV, but they very rarely misidentify bright red clothing. That has a tendency to get noticed.

I'm sure they're still convinced they were only stopped because they were Black and I guarantee it will come up in court. Hopefully before they play the security video from the car park so we get the laugh from the judge.

Why would a cop stop me because I was walking to school

Because he received a report of an offense and you fit the description of the offender?

Just the other night I got a report of two black youths attempting to break into cars in a train station car park. My partner and I quickly found the two, a block away, just sitting on a bus bench looking quite innocent.

When I stopped to question them they immediately reacted with huge shouts and accusations of racism from me and my Hispanic partner. I pointed out that we didn't stop them because of their race, but the fact they both were wearing BRIGHT RED HILLFIGER jackets spotted on CCTV by the train station security.

They were the only ones wearing those jackets anywhere near the station and, when searched, were carrying break-in tools. If I saw two White kids wearing the same jackets, I would have stopped them too. People often misidentify race, especially over a CCTV, but they very rarely misidentify bright red clothing. That has a tendency to get noticed.

I'm sure they're still convinced they were only stopped because they were Black and I guarantee it will come up in court. Hopefully before they play the security video from the car park so we get the laugh from the judge.
Wait...so youre telling me I looked like the suspect every time and every week and calling me a nigga was just a way to get to know me better?

Wait...so youre telling me I looked like the suspect every time and every week and calling me a nigga was just a way to get to know me better?

Using racial epithets is never acceptable behavior and I don't excuse it. On the other hand, I get called much worse on a daily basis and it doesn't even ruffle a feather. Kids especially seem to believe that no matter how they mouth off to police the police must respond with 'please' and 'thank you'. Not the case.

Compliance with police orders is mandatory and sometimes using bad language to an uncooperative suspect is more effective than physical force.

I'm pretty sure if you're getting pulled up by the cops several times a week when you're just walking to school minding your own business, you must be the guiltiest looking person on the face of the Earth.

I'm not saying you're being deliberately misleading in your accusations, but ... I suspect you're recollection of events is less than fully accurate.

Using racial epithets is never acceptable behavior and I don't excuse it. On the other hand, I get called much worse on a daily basis and it doesn't even ruffle a feather. Kids especially seem to believe that no matter how they mouth off to police the police must respond with 'please' and 'thank you'. Not the case.

Compliance with police orders is mandatory and sometimes using bad language to an uncooperative suspect is more effective than physical force.

I'm pretty sure if you're getting pulled up by the cops several times a week when you're just walking to school minding your own business, you must be the guiltiest looking person on the face of the Earth.

I'm not saying you're being deliberately misleading in your accusations, but ... I suspect you're recollection of events is less than fully accurate.
Doesnt matter what youre called. Youre the professional not the public. I never mouthed off because I despised and hated the fuckers. How would like some fucking pig pulling you over to his car and putting a gun to your head at the age of 9 and telling you he wanted to blow your ****** brains out? How would you like see people get railroaded because the feral animals planted drugs on them? You can suspect all you want to but denial doesnt do shit for for the facts or my perception of cops.

Strange how it suddenly got so quiet on this thread after I asked exactly what it is we should be thanking cops for.

There's probably a lesson in here somewhere ...
That you cant read?

Your question has been answered several times.

They have to charge into the room of a mad man and stop him from killing hundreds of people, but first they have to make sure he hasn't built a booby-trap bomb that will take out four floors of a hotel.

Authorities, bystanders respond with bravery amid Las Vegas mass shooting

It's insane, but that's what cops do and what I say, it's time to stop giving them shit for doing their jobs.
I second this!

God bless you and them and those who help them too always!!!

Holly

They have to charge into the room of a mad man and stop him from killing hundreds of people, but first they have to make sure he hasn't built a booby-trap bomb that will take out four floors of a hotel.

It's insane, but that's what cops do and what I say, it's time to stop giving them shit for doing their jobs.
Yes...they were great. How does this connect with cops who do bad things then lie about it on their reports and get caught when the video comes out?

Doesnt matter what youre called. Youre the professional not the public. I never mouthed off because I despised and hated the fuckers. How would like some fucking pig pulling you over to his car and putting a gun to your head at the age of 9 and telling you he wanted to blow your ****** brains out? How would you like see people get railroaded because the feral animals planted drugs on them? You can suspect all you want to but denial doesnt do shit for for the facts or my perception of cops.

You watch way too much TV.

I don’t give them shit for “doing their jobs” I give them shit when they don’t. When they do the wrong thing, they are supposed to get shit, the same as anyone else.

You watch way too much TV.
You live in way too much denial.

Asclepias you are the worst of dark-hearted villain, not willing to give the cops a break even after this event.
Why would I give the cops a break? They didnt do shit. The people were a largely white audience anyway. Just because they showed up doesnt mean they arent a large number of racists among them. Thanks for the compliment. Everything about me is dark. Part of being melinated.
I am absolutely certain that you're on the path to hell.
I'm absolutely certain what I think about cops has no bearing on if I go to heaven or hell.
You think being black gives you an excuse to hate other people.

You're wrong.
Experience gives me the right to hate cops.

If you think I'm wrong prove it.

Is that in the constitution or just in your dark heart?

The cops in LV did a wonderful job. I listened to the police scanner, and those people were amazing. And yes they did save lives

Experience gives me the right to hate cops.

Is it right to hate any group of people, cops, Jews, Blacks, Episcopalians, or dentists based on your limited interactions with them?

Is there a word for that kind of pre-judgement?
Yes. I believe its right. If it was just my limited interactions you would have a point. I have a long childhood filled with interactions with the fuckers. Me and about a million other Black people share the same story.

Not all cops do that. One thing I know about the black community. Not all but many is they are taught from a young age to distrust the cops. I think if they were taught otherwise, it might tend to make things a bit more just. But to put all cops in your limited experience basket is simply wrong and it does not serve the black community well.

Forum List

Back