lets discuss avatars...

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
my avatar was deemed too racy for the board....yet manie had dogs fucking....(no one believed the congo line) now have you seen the avatar he is wearing....now i am not at all for censoring manie...but nor am i for censoring me...i understand it is a fine line for the admins and mods to thread but i am simply asking ..where does one draw the line...was it the nipple..the simple fact it showed a nipple?

my avatar was deemed too racy for the board....yet manie had dogs fucking....(no one believed the congo line) now have you seen the avatar he is wearing....now i am not at all for censoring manie...but nor am i for censoring me...i understand it is a fine line for the admins and mods to thread but i am simply asking ..where does one draw the line...was it the nipple..the simple fact it showed a nipple?

More than likely, since you can't show a nipple outside in public.

IOW, anything you may not do on public street in your average city, is my take on it.

Some of the avatars say volumes about the person posting. Some are silly; some are dumb and/or childish. Others are confusing. However, I too think we can do without the sexual innuendo on a political board. Surely there are hundreds of other places to express such fantasies.

Some of the avatars say volumes about the person posting. Some are silly; some are dumb and/or childish. Others are confusing. However, I too think we can do without the sexual innuendo on a political board. Surely there are hundreds of other places to express such fantasies.

Or, one could simply exercise their option to not view avatars from other users,by shutting them off, if they're too silly, offensive, sexual, etc. for you. I think so long as they fall within the scope of the posted rules, let people post what they want. It's a 1.5" by 2" box (approx.) on your screen..

I rest my case. Now I can only imagine what the head attached to those legs looks like which probably don't belong to you. Avatars like yours are generally assumed to be quite phony.

You don't have to imagine. My head is on my profile. Further, those are my legs. I'm kind of happy, frankly, to be 43 and still have great legs. I plan to enjoy them while they last.

it's unfortunate that you find them so bothersome.

Last edited:
You don't have to imagine. My head is on my profile. Further, those are my legs. I'm kind of happy, frankly, to be 43 and still have great legs. I plan to enjoy them while they last.

Quite right too! And thanks for sharing them. I'm kinda enjoying 'em too.:eusa_drool:

I rest my case. Now I can only imagine what the head attached to those legs looks like which probably don't belong to you. Avatars like yours are generally assumed to be quite phony.

it's unfortunate that you find them so bothersome.

I don't find any of it 'bothersome' except the name-calling. If you're 43, time to grow up and stop calling someone only 10 years older a "haggis." Are you not planning to live to age 53 yourself so it doesn't matter?

And just to be clear to everyone else, by criticizing sexual innuendo, I don't mean pix of gorgeous women. You know exactly what I mean.

$EyeBleach.JPG

Due to the fact that what is considered offensive and what is not, it is sometimes easier to just say "no nudity". It prevents sword crossing on the subject and even though may seem unfair it is actually very fair in that there can be no double standard applied. However this does not mean you can't complain about it, only that to try to keep the few rules enforced fair and even. There are some things that slip through the cracks or are very hard to call, and calling these can take time so sometimes it may seem that it's being allowed even when the end result is it's not. Speaking from experience because I missed something myself recently and since I didn't see it as offensive I had forgotten it was still against the rules, we are still human. Hope that helps a bit to explain it.

Forum List

Back