Let us argue about abortion

If the potential of the fetus is a valid argument, i.e., that it has the potential to become a person, therefore it can't be aborted,

then the fact that the fetus is also a potential killer, since women can die in/from childbirth, justifies abortion as an act of self defense.

The argument as you state it is stupid and sophomoric.

First, the fetus is not a potential person. It is a person.100% genetically complete human person. It has its own unique fingerprints; blood type and DNA. It is a person, at a specific stage of development, that if left alone, will continue to develop at the most rapid rate of development than at any later stages.. Second, the likely-hood that an unborn baby will kill its mother are less than 1%. So using it as an argument in the abortion debate is a canard- especially in light of the fact that pre Roe, women could get abortion for such situations.

The Louisiana Study. Louisiana abortionists must fill out a form entitled "Report of Induced Termination of Pregnancy" (Form #PHS 16-ab) for every abortion he or she performs. The form warns at the top that "Failure to complete and file this form is a crime." Item 9d on this form is entitled "Reason for Pregnancy Termination."

The Office of Public Health of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals compiles these statistics. Over 14 consecutive years of record keeping (1975 to 1988 inclusive), 202,135 abortions were performed in Louisiana. Of these, the reasons were listed for 115,243 of them, as shown below;

Mother's mental health-
114,231 (99.12%)

Mother's physical health-
863 ( 0.75%)

Fetal deformity (eugenics)-
103 ( 0.09%)

Rape or incest-
46 ( 0.04%)

It is very significant indeed that more than 99 percent of all abortions performed in Louisiana are for "mental health" reasons, and less than one percent (one out of 134) abortions are performed for genuine physical health complications.

More studies

A zygote does not have fingerprints.

As usual you fail to understand the argument. It is already in the DNA. So, like a new born baby boy does not have a beard, a zygote, does not yet have its finger prints. But both have them already pre-programmed in their individual DNA. Nothing you add changes that.

Last edited:
I say when a woman has an abortion she should also be fixed so she cannot get pregnant again. If she thinks of her baby as an inconvience, and is willing to kill it, what kind of mother would she be anyway?

So either we legislate against a woman being able to do with her body as she wants, or we legislate that things be done to her body against her will. At least conservatives want to keep the government out of your personal life.....

First, the fetus is not a potential person. It is a person.100% genetically complete human person. It has its own unique fingerprints; blood type and DNA. It is a person, at a specific stage of development, that if left alone, will continue to develop at the most rapid rate of development than at any later stages.. Second, the likely-hood that an unborn baby will kill its mother are less than 1%. So using it as an argument in the abortion debate is a canard- especially in light of the fact that pre Roe, women could get abortion for such situations.

The Louisiana Study. Louisiana abortionists must fill out a form entitled "Report of Induced Termination of Pregnancy" (Form #PHS 16-ab) for every abortion he or she performs. The form warns at the top that "Failure to complete and file this form is a crime." Item 9d on this form is entitled "Reason for Pregnancy Termination."

The Office of Public Health of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals compiles these statistics. Over 14 consecutive years of record keeping (1975 to 1988 inclusive), 202,135 abortions were performed in Louisiana. Of these, the reasons were listed for 115,243 of them, as shown below;

Mother's mental health-
114,231 (99.12%)

863 ( 0.75%)

103 ( 0.09%)

Rape or incest-
46 ( 0.04%)

It is very significant indeed that more than 99 percent of all abortions performed in Louisiana are for "mental health" reasons, and less than one percent (one out of 134) abortions are performed for genuine physical health complications.

More studies

As usual you fail to understand the argument. It is already in the DNA. So, like a new born baby boy does not have a beard, a zygote, does not yet have its finger prints. But both have them already per-programmed in their individual DNA. Nothing you add changes that.

You're falsely presuming that DNA establishes personhood. It is not a rational measure. One cell is not a person. There is no rational argument that can be made that simply because of the microscopic existence of a full set of human DNA in a single cell that cell should acquire the full complement of human rights that we constitutionally bestow on persons in this country.

Bitch....you keep changing the development stages of the human to fit your agenda.

A fetus has a brain, heartbeat, fingers, eyes, etc. Does a heartbeat mean something is alive????

You have to stop its heartbeat to have a good abortion, asswipe.

Uh....sane Americans, which doesn't include you, don't support 1 human killing another human out of convenience.

The criminal believes it is convenient to kill the bank workers to get all the money, so I guess you support him killing just like a woman killing off her unborn human so she can avoid missing college, etc.

Straw man.

I don't support the convenience killing of a human being. I understand the POV that leads you to believe a zygote is a person, I don't agree with your assessment though.

I never said a fetus wasn't alive, are you saying that abortion of a human zygote is ok, but the abortion of a human fetus is not?

If a fetus isn't some living being with a heartbeat then why do doctors need to crush it or stab it....to kill it? If someone showed up at the airport with the tools of an abortion doctor in their carry on luggage, the TSA would have them spread on the floor waiting for the police to arrest them.

A zygote doesn't have a brain, heart, eyes, etc....it is still a lump of cells. We don't protect lumps of cells, but we do protect live beings with a heartbeat, eyes, brain, etc.....

Bitch....you keep changing the development stages of the human to fit your agenda.

A fetus has a brain, heartbeat, fingers, eyes, etc. Does a heartbeat mean something is alive????

Straw man.

I don't support the convenience killing of a human being. I understand the POV that leads you to believe a zygote is a person, I don't agree with your assessment though.

I never said a fetus wasn't alive, are you saying that abortion of a human zygote is ok, but the abortion of a human fetus is not?

Shit for brains....learn the difference between a fetus and zygote.

Mother's mental health-
114,231 (99.12%)

863 ( 0.75%)

103 ( 0.09%)

Rape or incest-
46 ( 0.04%)

More studies

Does the zygote come into existence before or after conception, in your belief?

A zygote doesn't have a brain, heart, eyes, etc....it is still a lump of cells. We don't protect lumps of cells, but we do protect live beings with a heartbeat, eyes, brain, etc.....

A fetus before the 24th week doesn't have a functioning brain, it can't talk or think or feel. You are basing your argument on stages of development, the same as any other pro-choice person. You're ok with the death of human DNA before a certain stage of development, guess what, so am I. :)

If a fetus isn't some living being with a heartbeat then why do doctors need to crush it or stab it....to kill it? If someone showed up at the airport with the tools of an abortion doctor in their carry on luggage, the TSA would have them spread on the floor waiting for the police to arrest them.

Would you mind telling us exactly when in a pregnancy that abortion becomes in your own opinion the killing of a human being?

Then how far into a pregnancy do you believe that abortion should be a woman's right?

When it develops human features like a heartbeat, fingers, eyes, etc.

Scum like you act like you are not killing a developing human when you stop its heartbeat.

It is a FACT many murdered fetuses fought for their lives when the doctor probing it and trying to kill it. It can feel pain, especially when stabbed or crushed to death.

You are just a scumbag, that is all.

Would you mind telling us exactly when in a pregnancy that abortion becomes in your own opinion the killing of a human being?

As usual you fail to understand the argument. It is already in the DNA. So, like a new born baby boy does not have a beard, a zygote, does not yet have its finger prints. But both have them already pre-programmed in their individual DNA. Nothing you add changes that.

George Washington's bones contain DNA. Should we grant them personhood status too?

George Washington's bones contain DNA. Should we grant them personhood status too?

No more than your boogers should have person-hood. As usual you are unable to grasp the argument.

MOD ACTIONS ARE NOT TO BE DISCUSSED ON THE PUBLIC FORUMS. -- ITM

Can we stick George Washington's bones up a vagina and into a uterus and see an individual baby grow?.

When it develops human features like a heartbeat, fingers, eyes, etc

Chimpanzees have hearts, fingers, eyes, etc.

But don't worry, I get what you're saying, and you raise a point with a certain validity, I just don't think you're expressing it well. At what point do we consider human personhood to begin? Does it begin when the outward appearance of a fetus fully resembles an anatomically complete human form? Is a 70% complete outer appearance sufficient? Does it begin when the fetus develops a certain threshold of brain activity?

The truth is that there is no clear cut answer to this. Everyone is going to have their opinion. But none of us have the right to force our perspective over other people.

I'm too lazy to read all of the posts in this thread, so I don't know if I'm alone on this but I personally believe that abortion kills a child, otoh, as long as it's the law of the land that a woman can get one, I'm not going to tell her what to do.

OTOH, if it's my child, I will be sure to let my opinions be known to her on the matter.

Of course, you are related to apes and chimps....but us humans have human babies.

When it develops human features like a heartbeat, fingers, eyes, etc

Chimpanzees have hearts, fingers, eyes, etc.

But don't worry, I get what you're saying, and you raise a point with a certain validity, I just don't think you're expressing it well. At what point do we consider human personhood to begin? Does it begin when the outward appearance of a fetus fully resembles an anatomically complete human form? Is a 70% complete outer appearance sufficient? Does it begin when the fetus develops a certain threshold of brain activity?

The truth is that there is no clear cut answer to this. Everyone is going to have their opinion. But none of us have the right to force our perspective over other people.

What abortion was made for and why progressives support it is easy.

Kill this:
images

Before it becomes this:
images

I'm too lazy to read all of the posts in this thread, so I don't know if I'm alone on this but I personally believe that abortion kills a child, otoh, as long as it's the law of the land that a woman can get one, I'm not going to tell her what to do.

OTOH, if it's my child, I will be sure to let my opinions be known to her on the matter.

If it was the law of the land to stone adultresses, and you were told to do it, would you?

After all, it's the law. You wouldn't want to tell anyone what to do.

Liberals convince themselves they aren't guilty of murder when they put pro-abortion polticians and judges in office because "they personally oppose abortion" but go along with it since it is the law.

Well voting for liberal judges and politicians that uphold abortion makes you an accessory to murder.

It's like some parent that doesn't stop their kid being a criminal but they "oppose" their kid going out at night robbing people.

Forum List

Back