Let us argue about abortion

The "host" argument is a canard*. A kidney is not a "life". An unborn child is a complete individual human being. It has everything it will need to move through each stage of its life. It takes an outside force to kill it once its life begins. That force can be organic or it can be inorganic. But either way it is no mere piece of living tissue- GAWD but you people are brutal wicked killers aren't you.

A child without a caretaker cannot survive outside the womb either*.

A 2 celled human zygote is not a complete human being.

It's dna seems to think it is.

DNA doesn't think.

Threads dealing with this issue are both interesting and sad. Particularly when you see the insignificance the pro-choice crowd places on human life....The coldness they display at times, is downright chilling.

Sadly, there are some seriously sick and twisted people in this world.

Just sayin'.

no one likes abortion...the potential of the fetus as a fully developed human being is haunting, but...

"let's kill it anyway!"

It's haunting because you know you're committing a crime against humanity. But that's a small thing to you ppl.

It's nothing to me. You people have no logical argument against abortion so you constantly resort to irrelevant emotional appeals full of ridiculous hyperbole. That is a classic sign of a fallacious argument.

Uh....sane Americans, which doesn't include you, don't support 1 human killing another human out of convenience.

The criminal believes it is convenient to kill the bank workers to get all the money, so I guess you support him killing just like a woman killing off her unborn human so she can avoid missing college, etc.

I think discussing the value of life is difficult, the article is right, pro-choice people( at least the honest ones) understand that a fetus is a human life, they(me included) simply place more value on the mothers life, than the fetus'.

A 2 celled human zygote is not a complete human being.

DNA doesn't think.

It does not need to think, it is programmed to act. It cannot help itself. EVERYTHING that you have, biologically speaking, was present the moment your mother's ova and father's sperm joined.

Your deliberate ignorance aside, there is no biologic element that needs to be added to the zygote (also know as a stage of development) for it to be more human or more complete. At that point all it needs is a safe environment to continue developing in.

Last edited:

DNA doesn't think.

It does not need to think, it is programmed to act. It cannot help itself. EVERYTHING that you have, biologically speaking, was present the moment your mother's ova and father's sperm joined.

Your deliberate ignorance aside, there is no biologic element that needs to be added to the zygote (also know as a stage of development) for it to be more human or more complete. At that point all it needs is a safe environment to continue developing in.

A potential person is not a person.

The world will not be a better place if we go back to putting women to death for having abortions.

Uh....sane Americans, which doesn't include you, don't support 1 human killing another human out of convenience.

The criminal believes it is convenient to kill the bank workers to get all the money, so I guess you support him killing just like a woman killing off her unborn human so she can avoid missing college, etc.

I think discussing the value of life is difficult, the article is right, pro-choice people( at least the honest ones) understand that a fetus is a human life, they(me included) simply place more value on the mothers life, than the fetus'.

Straw man.

I don't support the convenience killing of a human being. I understand the POV that leads you to believe a zygote is a person, I don't agree with your assessment though.

Murder is crime committed against a person, under the law. The first trimester fetus is not a person under the law, so it cannot be murdered. That's what 'personhood' amendments are all about;

their supporters/advocates are effectively conceding that the fetus is not a person, so they are trying to make it one.

If the potential of the fetus is a valid argument, i.e., that it has the potential to become a person, therefore it can't be aborted,

then the fact that the fetus is also a potential killer, since women can die in/from childbirth, justifies abortion as an act of self defense.

Murder is crime committed against a person, under the law. The first trimester fetus is not a person under the law, so it cannot be murdered. That's what 'personhood' amendments are all about;

their supporters/advocates are effectively conceding that the fetus is not a person, so they are trying to make it one.

Wrong:

APRIL 21--Scott Peterson was charged today with two counts of premeditated murder in connection with the slaying last December of his wife Laci and the Modesto, California couple's unborn son.

Wrong:

APRIL 21--Scott Peterson was charged today with two counts of premeditated murder in connection with the slaying last December of his wife Laci and the Modesto, California couple's unborn son.

Laci Peterson was 8 months pregnant, you fool. I think you have now qualified as the dumbest woman on this forum.

You mean my opinion to not have my son go to school in prison? And that we need to start treating our mentally ill different?
I think it is my business what goes on at my son's school, and I work with the mentally ill. So your point again?

Get the schools back in control of the parents instead of the feds and you will have a lot more say about what happens at your sons school. Unfortunately, for you, you actually think having the feds in charge of your son's school makes sense.

You have no clue how schools are run. Which is evident by your post here.

Schools are run by state and local boards.

Windbag is on record saying we don't need any government whatsoever, so take him seriously at your own peril.

If the potential of the fetus is a valid argument, i.e., that it has the potential to become a person, therefore it can't be aborted,

then the fact that the fetus is also a potential killer, since women can die in/from childbirth, justifies abortion as an act of self defense.

The argument as you state it is stupid and sophomoric.

First, the fetus is not a potential person. It is a person.100% genetically complete human person. It has its own unique fingerprints; blood type and DNA. It is a person, at a specific stage of development, that if left alone, will continue to develop at the most rapid rate of development than at any later stages.. Second, the likely-hood that an unborn baby will kill its mother are less than 1%. So using it as an argument in the abortion debate is a canard- especially in light of the fact that pre Roe, women could get abortion for such situations.

The Louisiana Study. Louisiana abortionists must fill out a form entitled "Report of Induced Termination of Pregnancy" (Form #PHS 16-ab) for every abortion he or she performs. The form warns at the top that "Failure to complete and file this form is a crime." Item 9d on this form is entitled "Reason for Pregnancy Termination."

The Office of Public Health of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals compiles these statistics. Over 14 consecutive years of record keeping (1975 to 1988 inclusive), 202,135 abortions were performed in Louisiana. Of these, the reasons were listed for 115,243 of them, as shown below;

Mother's mental health-
114,231 (99.12%)

Mother's physical health-
863 ( 0.75%)

Fetal deformity (eugenics)-
103 ( 0.09%)

Rape or incest-
46 ( 0.04%)

It is very significant indeed that more than 99 percent of all abortions performed in Louisiana are for "mental health" reasons, and less than one percent (one out of 134) abortions are performed for genuine physical health complications.

More studies

You have no clue how schools are run. Which is evident by your post here.

Schools are run by state and local boards.

Windbag is on record saying we don't need any government whatsoever, so take him seriously at your own peril.

oh i don't. His answers change every post.

government is acting unconstitutionally in his mind when they make people kick in for health coverage or say you need to wear a seatbelt.

but tell a woman she has to carry a pregnancy to term no matter what she wants?!?!?! he's all for that kind of regulation...

that's what pretend libertarians do.

it's called the spoiled brat school of politics. don't tell them what to do... don't tell businesses what to do..... but tell women what to do!

it's a religious thing. :cuckoo:

i'm just wondering why he needed to do yet another thread on this subject.

Killing terrorists or other armies in a war is not out of convenience, it is an act for survival.

Killing criminals either on the street in a gun fight or in the death penalty room is an act of punishment or survival by the police officer.

Of course, a dumbfuck like you equates an innocent unborn human to terrorists and criminals because you are a scumbag.

sure we do. We do it with wars and the death penalty all the time.

You are killing a human with a heartbeat, brain, eyes, fingers, etc by crushing its head and then sucking it out of its killer mother.

It is just a human in early development, asswipe, not some puppy, kitten, rat, etc.

Bitch....you keep changing the development stages of the human to fit your agenda.

A fetus has a brain, heartbeat, fingers, eyes, etc. Does a heartbeat mean something is alive????

You have to stop its heartbeat to have a good abortion, asswipe.

Straw man.

I don't support the convenience killing of a human being. I understand the POV that leads you to believe a zygote is a person, I don't agree with your assessment though.

First, the fetus is not a potential person. It is a person.100% genetically complete human person. It has its own unique fingerprints; blood type and DNA. It is a person, at a specific stage of development, that if left alone, will continue to develop at the most rapid rate of development than at any later stages.. Second, the likely-hood that an unborn baby will kill its mother are less than 1%. So using it as an argument in the abortion debate is a canard- especially in light of the fact that pre Roe, women could get abortion for such situations.

The Louisiana Study. Louisiana abortionists must fill out a form entitled "Report of Induced Termination of Pregnancy" (Form #PHS 16-ab) for every abortion he or she performs. The form warns at the top that "Failure to complete and file this form is a crime." Item 9d on this form is entitled "Reason for Pregnancy Termination."

The Office of Public Health of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals compiles these statistics. Over 14 consecutive years of record keeping (1975 to 1988 inclusive), 202,135 abortions were performed in Louisiana. Of these, the reasons were listed for 115,243 of them, as shown below;

Mother's mental health-
114,231 (99.12%)

863 ( 0.75%)

103 ( 0.09%)

Rape or incest-
46 ( 0.04%)

It is very significant indeed that more than 99 percent of all abortions performed in Louisiana are for "mental health" reasons, and less than one percent (one out of 134) abortions are performed for genuine physical health complications.

More studies

A zygote does not have fingerprints.

Liberals have convinced themselves they aren't killers with abortion because the fetus can't speak out when its head is being crushed and it is sucked out of its so-called mother.

It is all ok in your demented minds because the woman can now cover up the sex act with a certain man, can go to college, can join the military, can do whatever she likes without that "kid" bothering her in her teens-30 years old.

It is so convenient....kinda like getting rid of a dog that eats your couch, but the thing is you can go to jail if you get caught throwing a dog out on the street in the cold. Crush a fetus head....no big deal.

Shit for brains....learn the difference between a fetus and zygote.

Mother's mental health-
114,231 (99.12%)

863 ( 0.75%)

103 ( 0.09%)

Rape or incest-
46 ( 0.04%)

More studies

A zygote does not have fingerprints.

Forum List

Back