Less White Teachers

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
You might have to reconsider another field if you plan on teaching, whitey.

I've said it before and I'll say it agin-- "No job-seeker has ever got in the way of me and I job I desired."

Qualifications, maybe.
The economy, maybe.

Originally posted by nycflasher
I've said it before and I'll say it agin-- "No job-seeker has ever got in the way of me and I job I desired."

Qualifications, maybe.
The economy, maybe.

And again. That doesn't mean racial discrimination is ok. Have you ever been raped, stabbed or mugged? If not, do you believe those actions should still be illegal?

We've been over this before. You're personal experiences are not the end all and be all of reality. Thanks for trying. Try finding some new material.

And again. That doesn't mean racial discrimination is ok. Have you ever been raped, stabbed or mugged? If not, do you believe those actions should still be illegal?

Good point.

I have too many dead horses in my backyard to discuss AA, today.
Also, I've just begun some research on the subject and who knows... my opinions re: AA may change soon.

Good point.

Also, I've just begun some research on the subject and who knows... my opinions re: AA may change soon.

Well get me drunk and fuck me hard. Am I dreaming?

Good point.

What if AA was for white folks to help them get ahead based soley on the color of their skin?

As I have said many times, blacks on the average are the least intelligent of all humans, this is a burden on white folks.

Nearly 38,000 Black, Latino, American Indian and other minority teacher candidates have been barred from elementary and secondary classrooms by teacher competency tests in the past few years. This is the startling conclusion of The Effects of Competency Testing on the Supply of Minority Teachers, by Dr. G. Pritchy Smith, Professor at the University of North Florida.

According to Smith, the actual number of minorities eliminated by tests like the National Teachers Exam is probably even higher because many states do not report data by race/ethnicity or data for all test administrations. His analysis of 19 of the states now requiring written exams found that minority pass rates were consistently lower than White pass rates. In 16 of the states, Black pass rates were below 50%. Smith's report proves that teacher testing is a major factor in the likely reduction of the minority portion of the nation's teaching force from 12% to 5% by the year 2000, when over 1/3 of the nation's students will be from minority groups.

Florida Case Study

In a detailed study of Florida, Smith found that testing excluded Blacks from upward mobility: From grade school to high school graduation and entry into public universities and teacher education programs, a series of standardized, multiple choice exams exclude significantly more Blacks and Latinos than Whites.

For example, in Florida, SAT or ACT test scores above a specified level are required for admission into teacher training programs. This requirement eliminated 80% of the Black and 61% of the Hispanic candidates, but only 37% of the Whites. In 1985-86, only 98 Black students were admitted into the state university system teacher education programs. But performing satisfactorily in a program is not enough to become a classroom teacher. Another test must be passed. On the Florida Teacher Certification Examination, Black pass rates are 37%, Hispanic 53% and White 89%.

As a result only about 34 Blacks, out of an age cohort of 25-30,000 Blacks, will graduate from a Florida public university with a teaching certificate. Just 170 more will graduate from private universities and colleges. Thus, testing effectively erases minorities from the teaching profession.
http://www.fairtest.org/examarts/winter89/smithtt.htm

Well get me drunk and fuck me hard. Am I dreaming?

Bro, I'm not gay.
But I am laughing hystericly. However you spell it.:D

I put the dictionary away on Fridays.:p:

Bro, I'm not gay.
But I am laughing hystericly. However you spell it.:D

I put the dictionary away on Fridays.:p:

me too. I just go with gutter talk. Gutter talk friday we call it.

me too. I just go with gutter talk. Gutter talk friday we call it.

Yipee-Kayay, mother fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name that flick.

(easy one)

Originally posted by Big D
Following pressure from the county chapter of the NAACP, Gloucester County College has agreed to adopt an affirmative action plan that will increase the number of minority teachers.

http://www.nj.com/news/gloucester/index.ssf?/base/news-2/108659611314550.xml

Fine. Then why the fuck don't we, (whites), just start ALL WHITE SCHOOLS? Fuck anybody of any color that CHOOSES NOT TO APPLY themselves to our standards. Let them fall behind if that's where they choose to be. Fuck 'em. I'm tired of AA and the NAACP.

http://naawp.com/

Forum List

Back