Legalize it!

I think that the war on drugs, speifically MJ, is one that we apparently do not wish to win. First of all MJ is not like Coke or other drugs which can be smuggled in up your anus. It takes a lot of effort and a lot of space to suggle in MJ. Growing it at home can be easily detected, if one wants to detect it.

That said, the question is, are people stupid enough to use something that is bad for them and should the government play the grown up and prevent them from harming themselves? Obviously the left wing takes both sides as usual. First they say they are for legalization so that the country can make money. Then they will say we need to outlaw any drink over 16 ounces and limit the amount of pain killers used in hospitals. Hell even Michelle wants to tax a person if they order the Large meal at Burger King. What I think it is for liberals is all about control. Right now they see they have no control over the MJ trade, they want that control. I see no left winger complaining about the DUI checkpoints, I see the left wing imposing that same critiria on those smoking MJ.

So if this is like all things liberal the result of their stated intent will be the opposite of that stated intent.

The boom in taxes they say we will see will be offset by a loss in production. Those using MJ now will be joined by those who won't do what is illegal so use of a very addictive and harmful drug will go up with the resultant loss of production and expense in health care. Yeah those tokening up now will get their MJ cheaper, for them, but I see it as a big increase in cost to the nation in general.

Taxing the crap out of it will only mean it will go back underground, nothing will change and we will send the message to our children that drug use is AOK.

You teach your children that drug use is not okay. That their survival depends on keeping their wits. There will be a few who don't use drugs able to manipulate the masses who do. Drug use is a form of poisoning. What army wouldn't like to see the enemy drugged out and unable to act?

Is this guy on drugs or not?

Homeowner shoots naked intruder found choking dog, police say - U.S. News
"He comes out and spots a person who is not only fighting with this dog but is naked fighting with this dog," Miami Police spokesman Det. Willie Moreno said.

The homeowner opened fire twice, hitting the suspect in the leg once. The homeowner held the man until the police arrived.

It's just as important to make sure you not only have your wits about you, but your weapons too. Think Zombieland or the Walking Dead, little glimpses into the future.

I think that the war on drugs, speifically MJ, is one that we apparently do not wish to win. First of all MJ is not like Coke or other drugs which can be smuggled in up your anus. It takes a lot of effort and a lot of space to suggle in MJ. Growing it at home can be easily detected, if one wants to detect it.

That said, the question is, are people stupid enough to use something that is bad for them.....

Gee.....a 180??!!!
323.png

I thought you were gonna keep referring to.....
MARIJUANA??

321.gif

318.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E96vow07OJc]True History of Marijuana Full Movie - YouTube[/ame]​

There are plenty of downsides to drugs. One of the hardest periods of my life was losing a family member to drugs.

My personal experience and the collective American experience does NOTHING to justify making any drug illegal, let alone an essentially harmless plant like marijuana. The nation I was born in didn't require prescriptions for ANY drug. (It wasn't until the 1950s prescriptions were required for SOME drugs. Now look. Toilet paper will be by prescription next.)

That was a far stronger America than today's America. It wasn't a more diverse America and there were no cell phones and credit wasn't given to halfwits over the phone, but individual rights used to come with individual responsibilities. That America is pretty much gone now.

Legalize the god damned stuff and let's move on to something important.

Saturday - January 12, 2013
9:02 PM EST

C-Span
State & Federal Marijuana Laws

"Panelists talked about conflicts between federal and state laws following the 2012 legalization of the recreational use of marijuana in Washington and Colorado. They responded to questions from members of the audience."

marijuana_plants_RTV6_072312.jpg

Saturday - January 12, 2013
9:02 PM EST

C-Span
State & Federal Marijuana Laws

"Panelists talked about conflicts between federal and state laws following the 2012 legalization of the recreational use of marijuana in Washington and Colorado. They responded to questions from members of the audience."

marijuana_plants_RTV6_072312.jpg
Bump!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-kFlVcg-cU]Marijuana smoking grandparents - YouTube[/ame]​

I'm completely pro-legalization of marijuana. The gov. could step in and sell pot making huge amounts of rev. in taxes, which can help pay off our debt. We'll also save millions by not having to fight the drug dealers and lock up men and women who sell the drug. Pot is medically useful and much less dangerous than alcohol.

Why haven't we legalized this drug yet?

All drugs should be legal.

All drugs should be legal and there should be no penalty at all for taking a user out of gene pool.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jO_ncXj7RE]The Union: The Business Behind Getting High - Full Movie - High Quality - YouTube[/ame]​

Jimmy Carter and Mr. Shaman promoting drug use.

Need I say more.
Yes....say I GIVE UP!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpDKfj7X8A0]Grass - The History of Marijuana (Narrated By Woody Harrelson) - YouTube[/ame]​

Reason I have a problem with legalization is just watching Mexico.

Now decriminalization over certain amounts; no problemo from this conservative. I don't think someone should be saddled with a life long drug user title because of some idiocy in their youth.

Amsterdam has become a pit of filth and criminality. They will soon have to clean it back up. Legalizing all drugs is a magnet to addicts and criminals.

Amsterdam has become a pit of filth and criminality. They will soon have to clean it back up. Legalizing all drugs is a magnet to addicts and criminals.

Amsterdam is desperately trying to ban tourism based on this. I don't know if they've been able to pull it off though.

Forum List

Back