Legalize it!

I just think people are fooling themselves thinking that big tax revenue can be achieved through the legal sell of marijuana.

I for one am not looking for tax revenue. I’m for the reduction in spending to prevent the import of MJ that isn't working and never will. Lets find a better way of control. IMO, we could spend the entire budget on MJ and never stop it.

Should we try to prevent dangerous drugs? Yes. MJ isn't one of them though, with the exception of it being made one by being illegal. Think about it. Have you heard of someone going on a rampage of crime after smoking a joint? Crack maybe or Ice, not MJ.

Hell, at the least it should be legal for cancer sufferers. Good GOD, we can pump em full of morphine, why not a bit of thc proven to reduce some problems they suffer? I think I heard it is beneficial in glaucoma treatment too (can’t remember for sure).

Actually I don't think this is a fair analogy. A joint is not the equivalent of a beer. One hit and one beer would be a better comparison. Either way not very high or drunk.

I'd rather be in a car with a high driver than with a drunk driver. How about you?
What's the difference between a drunk driver and a high driver?

The drunk driver will plow through a Stop sign while the high driver will stop as he's supposed to, look both ways, and wait for the Sign to turn green :D

Fair enough Mr P.

I was mostly responding to this arguement.

I'm completely pro-legalization of marijuana. The gov. could step in and sell pot making huge amounts of rev. in taxes, which can help pay off our debt.

Just how much pot is consumed? Would are nation be better off if more people smoked pot?

Fair enough Mr P.

I was mostly responding to this arguement.

Just how much pot is consumed? Would are nation be better off if more people smoked pot?

Exactly, do we want people going out on their smoke breaks at work or lunch for that matter and smoking a bowl then operating some machinery?

That is all this nation needs is to become a bunch of potheads, think we are bad off now? Wait till that happens, at the very least nothing will get done.

For every person we know that smokes pot there are anotheer thousand who wwould like to but don't want to deal with a scuzball dealer because we know they don't all look like Mary Louise Parker on Weeds, just think what will happeen if you can go to the store and pick up some sensimillia.

Exactly, do we want people going out on their smoke breaks at work or lunch for that matter and smoking a bowl then operating some machinery?

That is all this nation needs is to become a bunch of potheads, think we are bad off now? Wait till that happens, at the very least nothing will get done.

For every person we know that smokes pot there are anotheer thousand who wwould like to but don't want to deal with a scuzball dealer because we know they don't all look like Mary Louise Parker on Weeds, just think what will happeen if you can go to the store and pick up some sensimillia.

What happens if one drinks on the job? Guys there really is NO valid argument NOT to make MJ legal.

Now why do YOU think we shouldn't legalize pot?

Don't you think we have enough legal toxins available to fry our brain and pollute our bodies already?

Truthfully, because I can't stand the stench and gag every time I get a whiff of it and I just don't like being around people who are stoned. Boring. :tdown2:

Don't you think we have enough legal toxins available to fry our brain and pollute our bodies already?

Truthfully, because I can't stand the stench and gag every time I get a whiff of it and I just don't like being around people who are stoned. Boring. :tdown2:

I don't like being around people who drink Bud Lite. I like Belgian Ales. I don't like being around cigarette smokers, I smoke Cuban cigars. What does that have to do with their right to do what they wish?

The only downfall to legalization is trusting the market. Right now, some piece of shit dealer is lacing his pot with formaldehyde, PCP, or some other very dangerous substance. This is done to get a better high. The better your shit, the more you sell. Same with tobacco companys using additives for flavor or addictivness in order to sell more product. My problem is, that I don't trust Wal-Mart, R.J. Reynolds, or even Budweiser to keep my marijuana pure. The sticky icky trade would be bought up by Big Business and forced to compete for customers. I feel that this would be more dangerous than it is now.

Just my opinion.

I don't like being around people who drink Bud Lite. I like Belgian Ales. I don't like being around cigarette smokers, I smoke Cuban cigars. What does that have to do with their right to do what they wish?

Come on Nuc......this is not a nation where everyone does what they "wish" so what's your point?

I'm not going to advocate something be legalized that would have a negative impact on myself just because someone else "wants to do what they wish". I'm just not that altruistic.

I really have a hard time understanding why anyone engaged in an illegal activity to begin with and then advocates the legalization so it can be more convenient for them.

The only argument that even gets close to something I might agree with is reduced spending on enforcement. However, I also feel that those same people who are currently participating in perpetuating this criminal activity will just move on to something else that needs enforcement, so where would the reduced spending happen?

My problem is, that I don't trust Wal-Mart, R.J. Reynolds, or even Budweiser to keep my marijuana pure. The sticky icky trade would be bought up by Big Business and forced to compete for customers. I feel that this would be more dangerous than it is now.

Just my opinion.

You can keep your own pot pure by growing your own, providing you don't have to worry about being incarcerated for doing so. That's another good reason it should be legal.

You can keep your own pot pure by growing your own, providing you don't have to worry about being incarcerated for doing so. That's another good reason it should be legal.

How many people are going grow their own pot if it becomes readily available by legal means? It is safe to say that most people do not grow their own tobacco or make their own beer.

Here are some more reasons for me to continue supporting NOT legalizing pot.

Marijuana

What are the short-term effects of Marijuana use?
The short-term effects of marijuana use include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch); difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate, anxiety, and panic attacks.

THC in marijuana is strongly absorbed by fatty tissues in various organs. Generally, traces of THC can be detected by standard urine testing methods several days after a smoking session. In heavy chronic users, traces can sometimes be detected for weeks after they have stopped using marijuana.

What are the long-term effects of Marijuana use?
People who smoke marijuana often have the same respiratory problems as cigarette smokers. These individuals may have daily cough and phlegm, symptoms of chronic bronchitis, and more frequent chest colds. They are also at greater risk of getting lung infections like pneumonia. Marijuana contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals found in cigarette smoke.

Effects of Heavy Marijuana Use on Learning and Social Behavior
Marijuana affects memory, judgment and perception. Learning and attention skills are impaired among people who use marijuana heavily. Longitudinal research on marijuana use among young people below college age indicates those who use marijuana have lower achievement than the non-users, more acceptance of deviant behavior, more delinquent behavior and aggression, greater rebelliousness, poorer relationships with parents, and more associations with delinquent and drug-using friends.

Effects on Pregnancy
Any drug of abuse can affect a mother’s health during Some studies have found that babies born to mothers who used marijuana during pregnancy were smaller than those born to mothers who did not use the drug. In general, smaller babies are more likely to develop health problems.
A nursing mother who uses marijuana passes some of the THC to the baby in her breast milk. Research indicates that the use of marijuana by a mother during the first month of breast-feeding can impair the infant’s motor development.

http://www.drugs.com/Hashish/index.html

MJ smoke is aeromatic compared to tobacco cigarette smoke. I'd much rather smell the skunky-sweet smell of MJ than tobacco any day. I agree with your other statement. Stoners are boring.

Those aren't reasons to not legalize it. Hell, that legit site even spun information to make pot look worse than actual scientists know it is. They attempted to say that pot can give you lung cancer, which is BS.

You should go work for big tobacco. They always need new liars.

Forum List

Back