Lefties Pretend To Be Religious

Kathianne said:
There is, at least in my mind. I didn't go on welfare, even when my income was $200 month and my rent $600. I got the difference from my folks, who would have gone nuts at my receiving welfare. Not so the father of my children, making over $180k per year.

Something needs to be done, to make sure that those that need it, get it, those that don't because someone else should be responsible, pays. The courts never went back to pay my folks back, would they have the government?

This is true. My sister was an unwed mother at age 18. She was still covered under my parents' medical bc she was in college, but her baby wasn't. So she got him a medical card. I was babysitting one day, and took him when he had to go for a check-up, and I couldn't believe how I was treated! Very condescending, not listening to what I had to say, just acted like I was lower than dirt and a moron to boot. Then I happened to mention that I was his aunt, not his mother, and the dr. immediately improved his attitude.

My sister didn't take welfare, just got medical care for her baby. She worked her way through college and got off the system. She now supports her family as a special-ed teacher. The father of the child took pay under-the-table to avoid child-care costs.

On the other hand, I know a woman who is making $2500/ month on "disability." She was a fast-food worker when she became "disabled." Her knees went bad from a car accident. OK, so she probably couldn't stand the hours on her feet, but why couldn't she be a telemarketer, or a receptionist, or something? I know there are other jobs she could do perfectly well. Answer: She makes more money on "disability" and other hand-outs than she ever could have made at any job she would be qualified for.

So, long reply to Kathianne's comment.... We need to get some kind of program to check up on these people. Some people need help, especially if there are children to be cared for. But others milk the system dry, and they need to go down.

And being the owner of a business I can tell you with out any hesitance that there are many people on assistance that don't want to work period. They could easily work for us starting at 10.50 per hour, what do they do? They apply for the job fill out the application, take the job, then never show up and never call. Sp lease don't tell me about people who are desperate to make a livable wage..........

Forum List

Back