Leave the Tax Rates Alone

Stole??... please cite the crime, press charges, or something of the sort

You have the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail

You don't get to confiscate, or have confiscated for you for some equalized outcome bullshit

And show what legal or governmental advantage a person with 1MIL has over someone with 1K

Just the fact that you actually believe those first two sentences(and the last) speaks volumes about your third.

You still believe in Trickle Down economics, which died a horrible death a long time ago. Yet you continue to believe that there is a Free Market that wants competition.

Why should I bother to try to "Show" you anything? You are a true believer and there is nothing I can "Show" that would sway your opinion.

Do you disagree with the first 2 sentences??

If so... Show the charges, law citation, etc that shows the crime of theft... I'll be waiting

With the freedom to succeed comes the freedom to fail.... you don't get your little skinned financial or professional knee dabbed by a wet washcloth, kissed better, and have money given to you for the ice cream truck by mommy government.... that is not the purpose nor the place of government....

I believe in equal treatment by government... not some bullshit touchy-feely governing by subjective 'fairness' ... I believe that you live with the consequences of your choices, efforts, actions, studies, reputation, statements, successes, failures, etc...

You cannot show, because you have NOTHING TO SHOW THAT SUPPORTS YOUR IGNORANT BULLSHIT CLAIM...

idiot

Last edited:
Please giove me an example of a company that stole off the backs of Americans.
Just one company.
Thanks.

well....let's see... Apple and any other cell phone manufacturer... in fact, just about any American electronics Company... Caterpillar.... that's just off the top of my head. I'll do some research and get back to you.

I actually have shit to do. It's my one day off, so other than earlier this morning.. I'll just be checking in.

I can name large successful corporations as well...but I guess my question was poorly asked....so I will ask for a more comprehensive answer.

Please give me an example of a company that stole off the backs of Americans and explain exactly what you consider the "stealing" part of it.

I ask as the United States allows for freedom of choice as it pertains to who you work for, the salary you agree to accept, the benefits you agree to accept, what products you buy, and the price you agree to buy them for.....in other words, no one forces you to work for anyone and no one forces you to buy someones product....so I dont see how it is possible for an American company top stteal off the backs of an American Citizen.

Thanks.

Just one company.
Thanks.

well....let's see... Apple and any other cell phone manufacturer... in fact, just about any American electronics Company... Caterpillar.... that's just off the top of my head. I'll do some research and get back to you.

I actually have shit to do. It's my one day off, so other than earlier this morning.. I'll just be checking in.

so you bloviate and then want to check out without providing facts to back up your assertions. Union drivel.

Stole??... please cite the crime, press charges, or something of the sort

You have the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail

You don't get to confiscate, or have confiscated for you for some equalized outcome bullshit

And show what legal or governmental advantage a person with 1MIL has over someone with 1K

Just the fact that you actually believe those first two sentences(and the last) speaks volumes about your third.

You still believe in Trickle Down economics, which died a horrible death a long time ago. Yet you continue to believe that there is a Free Market that wants competition.

Why should I bother to try to "Show" you anything? You are a true believer and there is nothing I can "Show" that would sway your opinion.

There IS a free market...thus why new companies are continually opening up. The competition is good for the consumer.

Ironically, the wealthiest of Americans that make up 2% of the population are the ones that will pay ANY price for a product...but being only 2% of the consumers, it is foolish to think that THEY set the prices....so it makes sense that the middle group....say between 20% and 80% set the prices by their demand for the goods and services...

So in essence, the top 2 % has nothing to do with prices....and the ones who struglle to buy goods set by the demand of the middle 60% is the lower 20%...

But that giuves the lower 20% an incentive to strive for success...

Sort of works well.

It worked for me.

My desire to have some of the finer thigs in life pushed me to acheive mild success.

What is your source?

Texas is number one in economic growth--fact--so I'm not sure where you got this. Perhaps you should Google it.

My source is growth in real GDP, 2009-2010 from the US Bureau of Economic Analysis.

Where did you get this information? Show me where the US Bureau of Economic Analysis left out Texas from the top ten growth in real GDP from 2009-2010. SHOW ME!!!

Here ya go! You could google this yourself, you know - the BEA provides this info for free.

BEA News Release (GDP by State)

It's immoral to redistribute so much of our nation’s wealth upwards and then cut services to the poor and needy to make up for that same flow of capital to those who didn't even need it.

The soul of America is turning for the worse.

So what do you plan to replace corporations with? Be precise.

Who said anything about replacing corporations?

Do you agree that it's immoral to be a part of the greatest heist in American history, the greatest redistribution of wealth ever and it all went upwards, to the newly and already wealthy, and then ask the poor and needy to make up for the difference in the budget?

It's immoral to redistribute so much of our nation’s wealth upwards and then cut services to the poor and needy to make up for that same flow of capital to those who didn't even need it.

Do you agree that it's immoral to be a part of the greatest heist in American history, the greatest redistribution of wealth ever and it all went upwards, to the newly and already wealthy, and then ask the poor and needy to make up for the difference in the budget?

No, I don't agree. I'm not getting the heist part. could you explain it to me?

I do not want anything eliminated on the subjective grounds of fairness... just as I do not want anything created on the subjective grounds of fairness... I want government out of things it should never have been in, I want complete equal treatment (I.E. flat tax, elimination of the government in the marriage business, etc)....

Government is not your nanny, your mommy, or your allowance giver... nor should it be

What impact the extra giving of Gates or whomever else would have is irrelevant...

Nobody should be paying any higher rate than anyone else.. PERIOD.... again, equal treatment by government.. not the subjective equal treatment championed by the likes of you in the subjective mantra of 'fairness'

Yeah.... after the country has been raped by the corporate elite... now you call for a flat tax. Now that they have every damned advantage imaginable, you want things flat. Fuck that. Make them give the money they stole off the backs of Americans through Lobbying and outsourcing.... then we'll talk about flat taxes.

Just one company.
Thanks.

Bank of America.

Bank of America near $8.5B settlement

Business & Technology | Bank of America near $8.5B settlement | Seattle Times Newspaper

Last edited:

The poor and downtrodden pay for nothing dufus. They never have and if people like you have any say in it they never will. You sure do waste a lot of pity on em.

They need some skin in the game. No skin and you could care less where the money comes from as long as it comes. You also vote for those who will continue giving you your livlihood. You have no incentive to change your lot in life. Why would you?? You basically have it made. You pay for nothing and someone else picks up the tab for you. Its real easy to spend other peoples money.

Yup. We all need skin in the game from the poorest to the wealthiest.

The poor and downtrodden pay for nothing dufus. They never have and if people like you have any say in it they never will. You sure do waste a lot of pity on em.

Your correct in as much as my Christianity clouds my eyes and I can clearly see the need and the suffering of the poor.

I also see the greed of the already wealthy and their enablers, people like yourself.

The soul of America is getting darker and darker.

First off.... POT? Meet Kettle. You guys slam anyone who posts articles YOU don't agree with.

Raising taxes means more revenue to work with, add to that the $1T in cuts already proposed(and more to be negotiated), that means we can pay down this debt.

To continue with you... the Stimulus Act achieved the prevention of an economic collapse.

Yep... you're probably right on the Corporate Contributer thing... that's why I want Publicly funded Elections... BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS TO DO THESE THINGS TO GET ELECTED!!!! Not just Obama, Not just Dems... But EVERYONE! in 2010, the GOP took over the house of Representatives and won many Governorships with the new "unlimited anonymous" donation ruling. But you don't want to talk about that, do you?

Once again.. POT... Meet Kettle.

Finally, I love how you idiots come across with the "Obama is a Marxist" bullshit.. then the truth comes out... he's a politician.. just like everyone before him. But he's still the Devil to you.

Raising taxes would, and again this is being extremely generous, raise at most $3 trillion annually. This number is based on raising taxes while the economy is growing, which is counter-intuitive.

The $1 trillion in cuts that has been 'proposed' and the higher taxes isn't going to solve a $14,000,000,000,000--and growing--deficit. Just isn't.

To continue with you the Stimulus Act did not prevent economic collapse. How do we know this? Because, by order from the Supreme Court, we know where the majority of that money went. Obama employed fear artistically leading up to the Stimulus Act telling anyone that would listen that if we didn't grant the Federal Reserve the unfettered power to spend hundreds of billions with ZERO oversight the sky would fall.

Now you can try to prove a negative, but that is a waste of time. Instead let's look at the promises Obama made about the Stimulus Act. Shovel ready jobs. BS Investing in infrastructure BS. Keeping unemployment down BS. Everything this president said was a lie, and he's joking about it.

The Stimulus Act didn't prevent economic collapse, unless you believe giving Goldman Sacs tens of billions at .01% interest rate achieved that.

Also, your president is ensuring that the unprecedented billion dollar campaign is going to be a norm now. The unlimited super pact organizations are being well exploited by the Democratic Party. Pot and kettle right?

You are mixing TARP and ARRA. TARP was Bush-era monetary policy. ARRA was Obama-era fiscal policy.

And of coyrse you have no proof to offer.
In fact TARP was fiscal policy, and Obama continued it.

Your correct in as much as my Christianity clouds my eyes and I can clearly see the need and the suffering of the poor.

I also see the greed of the already wealthy and their enablers, people like yourself.

Yup and if your a Christian and feel the need to help by all means whip out your wallet and checkbook and help away.

Thats the way it should be. Christians at all religious outlets helping the poor. Thats the way it used to be. We also had loads of those evil rich who used to help the poor.

Giving and helping of your own free will is a whole different ball game from being forced to give charity by the Govt. There is no charity in the Constitution. I know. I looked.

BTW Wish the hell I was wealthy. I'm not. I just have a ton of something called personal responsibility. To bad others don't have it as well.

Last edited:
Raising taxes would, and again this is being extremely generous, raise at most $3 trillion annually. This number is based on raising taxes while the economy is growing, which is counter-intuitive.

The $1 trillion in cuts that has been 'proposed' and the higher taxes isn't going to solve a $14,000,000,000,000--and growing--deficit. Just isn't.

To continue with you the Stimulus Act did not prevent economic collapse. How do we know this? Because, by order from the Supreme Court, we know where the majority of that money went. Obama employed fear artistically leading up to the Stimulus Act telling anyone that would listen that if we didn't grant the Federal Reserve the unfettered power to spend hundreds of billions with ZERO oversight the sky would fall.

Now you can try to prove a negative, but that is a waste of time. Instead let's look at the promises Obama made about the Stimulus Act. Shovel ready jobs. BS Investing in infrastructure BS. Keeping unemployment down BS. Everything this president said was a lie, and he's joking about it.

The Stimulus Act didn't prevent economic collapse, unless you believe giving Goldman Sacs tens of billions at .01% interest rate achieved that.

Also, your president is ensuring that the unprecedented billion dollar campaign is going to be a norm now. The unlimited super pact organizations are being well exploited by the Democratic Party. Pot and kettle right?

You are mixing TARP and ARRA. TARP was Bush-era monetary policy. ARRA was Obama-era fiscal policy.

And of course you remain a racist piece of shit.

Monetary policy is what created the stopgaps. But I wouldn't expect someone with your level of economic knowledge to understand that.

Well, we sure have a lot of talking points, but more and more real life economists are saying that taxes also must be raised,,,along with cutting spending.
That's what the Simpson-Bowles Commission recommended. Trouble is that the GOP is way too loyal to their benefactors. They are putting their ability to raise money for the party ahead of solving this country's financial mess. (the same goes for the Dems regarding cutting spending).
In order for this country to right it's ship, both parties must make concessions. Everyone must sacrifice, not just those who don't carry any financial weight regarding congresses decision making.
Personally, I think those who are whining about raising taxes along with budget cuts are putting their own self interest ahead of the United States of America.

What economists are saying that? Austan Goolsby and Christina Romer don't count.
WHat did Obama implement from the Simpson Bowles Commission recs? Oh yeah, nothing.
What is the Obama Administration's proposed solution? Oh yeah, nothing. Hectoring speeches from Obama to "git 'er done."
But you obviously didnt read the article. The tax structure we have now is perfectly capable of producing sufficient revenue. The reason it isn't is the recession. And raising taxes will not end the recession. It will make it worse.

Geezus, spare me, idiot. Or go get yourself to a monastery and leave the sapient beings alone.

And of course you remain a racist piece of shit.

Monetary policy is what created the stopgaps. But I wouldn't expect someone with your level of economic knowledge to understand that.

And of course you cannot or will not offer any proof.
You are a moron of epic proportions, slinging wild assertions without the slightest idea what you are talking about.

Yup and if your a Christian and feel the need to help by all means whip out your wallet and checkbook and help away.

I can press for a compassionate America instead of watching people like you push it down the drain.

So I'll note that you don't see the immorality of the Republican redistribution of wealth, the increase in the wealth gap.

Why then would you have a problem if the Democrats want to re-redistribute the wealth?

Geezus, spare me, idiot. Or go get yourself to a monastery and leave the sapient beings alone.

Ok, so don't respond to my posts, deal?

I've read many of your posts and you have nothing to offer anyway so it won't be a loss to me.

Forum List

Back