Leave the Tax Rates Alone

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Rabbi, Jun 30, 2011.

1. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    The WSJ this AM has a super editorial where they skewer many myths we see repeated here daily. The biggest is that the Bush tax cuts caused this deficit (they didnt). Or that we need higher tax rates to close the deficiit (we dont).
    The current tax structure has provided a return of 18.5% of GDP. That is historically the optimum amount. Returns are lower now because of slow growth and lingering recession.
    Review & Outlook: Obama's Real Revenue Problem - WSJ.com
    more at the source.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Yeah... the Wall Street Journal has no self interest in taxes, does it? Look at their audience, look at who they are trying to sell papers to. Furthermore... look who owns the newspaper.

3. Google

Google Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +808
    How about looking at the article, reading it and making an intelligent statement about it. You don't have a intelligent retort.

The audience of the Wallstreet Journal is middle to upper-income Americans. You obviously have a very negative opinion of them.

4. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Because reading it and looking at the chart and developing criticism would take a base of knowledge and brain power, neither of which he has.

5. Google

Google Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +808
    Using your child-like logic let's ignore all news articles now.

MSNBC is owned by the megalithic General Electric, so we can't listen to them.

CBS is beholden to Westinghouse Electric Company, part of the Nuclear Utilities Business Group of British Nuclear Fuels (BNFL), let's ignore any news articles they report.

Of course Fox News is run by, and I know this because I get all of the news from the Daily Show, Lucifer. Enough said there.

I'm sure you get all of your information from independent, non-corporatism bloggers, that's why you are so uninformed. :clap2:

6. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,742

Yup. You couldn't get anymore middle class than my Dad and he alway got the WSJ.

I'm sure he'd like to know he was rich. LOL

7. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    What a bunch of shit. Imagine that... the Wall Street Journal says.. don't raise taxes.

That would be like "Welfare Recipients Daily" saying don't cut our benefits.

Charts? CHARTS? I've seen Progressives put up chart after chart showing how the Debt has INCREASED MORE under Republican Administrations and you turn your heads... I've seen Progressives show article after article that you guys turn your heads.

So... I guess what your saying is that only media YOU Agree with is accurate. Bullshit.

8. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,742
    If they are so gung ho to raise taxes on the top earners then by gum we should raise everyones taxes.

Rich, middle and poor.

Yup fair is fair. Of course we wouldn't get to much out of the poor but anyone drawing from the public largesse should have some skin in the game.

Then lets just sit back and watch the eonomy boom.

Hint. Don't hold your breath.

9. Google

Google Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +808

We are waiting for you to say something intelligent.

This is the mentality of the left, given information they disagree with they rely on insults and shallow remarks.

Let me ask you this. With unemployment hovering around 9%--the real number around 15%--economic growth stagnant at 1%, national debt at $14,000,000,000,000, how is raising taxes going to solve any of this?

Now continue with me, if you will, what did the Stimulus Act achieve? Let's see if you know the answer to this question. Which top Obama corporate contributor received billions of dollars of stimulus money at .01% interest. Now I'm getting this information from the NY Times is that ok?

10. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Yeah... fuck it if the poor can't eat, right? Fuck it if the Middle Class can't afford to buy the things that keep the economy rolling... But heaven forbid if some extremely rich person has to modify his investment portfolio.