Learning plumbing online!? Recommendation

... I’m searching for a better balance

No, you're not. You're looking for excuses because you're lazy and stupid.
Cut the crap, ya jacked off low life trailer trash retarded piece of rat shit.

Read more of his doggerel and you'll get the idea.
I'd rather read his shit than your's.

Knock yourself out. You'll get the idea sooner or later.
If you have nothing nice to say don’t say it at all.

... I’m searching for a better balance

No, you're not. You're looking for excuses because you're lazy and stupid.

If you haven't noticed yet, I've been here longer than anyone else still left posting on this board.

You are not specifying if you want to obtain a license or a certificate.

If you are not looking for the above...

Then first you will need tools and buy some supplies from Home Depot.

You can find internet videos in YouTube about basic plumbing. Also the library have books

View attachment 294266

Just buy the basic, like tube cutting tool, hacksaw, plumbing sandpaper (comes in small roll), propane torch kit, pipe wrenches, plumbing pliers, and if you ave flat and philips screwdrivers, then you can start something.

If you want to learn pvc pipe, you might need Teflon tape and pvc adhesive.

The book or videos give you great step by step lessons. Just wear gloves and glasses for protection.

Here is one of the funny things you can make. When my son made this "picture frame" he was 8 years old. I never finished installing a picture and nailing it in the wall, I might finish it one of these days... sure... right...

Just cut the pipes the same size for a 6x8 picture and with four 90 degrees elbows you make the frame. (1/2" copper pipe)

View attachment 294269
Never use propane for soldering it doesn't get hot enough MAPP or acetylene Turbo is the best but Lowes sales Bernzomatic for the money is great. hacksaws are old school battery powered works much better DewALT has a good system, 5/16 and 3/8 nut driver and the torque wrenches for that size. Torpedo level that has horizontal, vertical, and 45degree bubble, and a 2' level, 2ilb hammer with cold steel chisel, Plumb bob, 35 feet tape measure, channel lock and adjustable wrench.

If you have nothing nice to say ......

You'll keep hearing it, loser.
Why don’t you go and learn how to teach students and stop stalking me on this board, The kids you teach you’re failing, you should bare some responsibility

There are a couple measurements that you'll have to remember ADA lavatory height 34" from finish floor Toilet center 18" from the closest wall or partition and toilet seat is no more than 18" above the finish floor, if you have a flushometer toilet your water supply stub out will be no more than 4-3/4 " from center of your toilet drain. , Handicap restroom must have a 5' turning radius

If you haven't noticed yet, I've been here longer than anyone else still left posting on this board.

Get to reading then.
Get a life, stop attacking people .

Never use propane for soldering it doesn't get hot enough MAPP or acetylene Turbo is the best but Lowes sales Bernzomatic for the money is great. hacksaws are old school battery powered works much better DewALT has a good system, 5/16 and 3/8 nut driver and the torque wrenches for that size. Torpedo level that has horizontal, vertical, and 45degree bubble, and a 2' level, 2ilb hammer with cold steel chisel, Plumb bob, 35 feet tape measure, channel lock and adjustable wrench.

That one! That was in my mind but I said propane rather than acetylene. And I just used the acetylene torch three months ago to remove a stuck pin inside a brake caliper bracket. Had to heat it up for a few and removed it turning and pulling it out.

Glad you found my typo word.

Why don’t you go and learn how to teach students .....

I already have. I spent many long years in school and via experience all over the world training to learn how. I continue learning more all the time. I don't sit on my ass and whine that it takes to much time and effort to give a damn about gaining the skills I need.

I already have. I spent many long years in school and via experience all over the world training to learn how. I continue learning more all the time. I don't sit on my ass and whine that it takes to much time and effort to give a damn about gaining the skills I need.
THEN WHY ARE ALL YOUR STUDENTS FAILING IN LIFE? If you are so smart

That one! That was in my mind but I said propane rather than acetylene. And I just used the acetylene torch three months ago to remove a stuck pin inside a brake caliper bracket. Had to heat it up for a few and removed it turning and pulling it out.

Glad you found my typo word.
Didn't consider it a typo because some plumbers use propane I don't like it because as I said doesn't get hot enough at least for me.

THEN WHY ARE ALL YOUR STUDENTS FAILING I........

They aren't. YOUR failures are all on you, loser.

So why are 99% of all new business opened in boston the past 15-30 years all outsiders? Where are the gratifying jobs they are working? Why aren’t they buying homes in Boston?? Do you feel responsible for their failures or not.. since you worked so hard lol

Ahem! As a hairy arsed Brit plumber we have a hard job attracting the right sort of young person to the trade. Getting up in the morning for young people is hard.
If a contract is in another city or town say 1.5 hours away you have to travel it in the early hours 7:30 am start you have to leave or be picked up 5:45am to be where you are picked up you need to get up earlier to get your kit..food..self in that location.
It takes a very mature young person to discipline himself to the
rigours of Male working life.

Ahem! As a hairy arsed Brit plumber we have a hard job attracting the right sort of young person to the trade. Getting up in the morning for young people is hard.
If a contract is in another city or town say 1.5 hours away you have to travel it in the early hours 7:30 am start you have to leave or be picked up 5:45am to be where you are picked up you need to get up earlier to get your kit..food..self in that location.
I'm already on the job by 6 am

So why are 99% of all new business opened in boston [sic] the past 15-30 years all outsiders?....

They aren't, liar.

Get to reading then.
Get a life, stop attacking people .
Look, the place I come from, you just wear a blue overall, find a 18mm long wrench for one hand, a dirty white wipe cloth stained with black spots inside your back packet, with the other hand you put black grease sporadically in your face and overall... and you ARE a mechanic.

However, such won't work in many places.

Car mechanics, plumbing, carpentry, plumbing, and more, those require training.

There is nothing against people as to say, the government is trying to make hard for people to become an electrician.

But without training you can cause fires, floods inside the house, destruction of property, and worst, you can even cause death of people if you don't know what are you doing.

Besides of knowing how to use tools, and repair existing plumbing, and install new pipes and features, you must learn to do it according to the correspondent code.

Codes are made for protection: SAFETY

For example, you install a new electric circuit in your house using the wrong size of wiring, and you have installed an electric heater.

The cable you used was gauge 18, and was not insulated for other purposes but for installations in devices like floor lamps, radios, etc.

The required gauge was 12 for your electric heater (which is thicker and handle more amps and heat). After using the electric heater the cable you have installed heats up and burns the insulation and causes a fire.

After the fire has been extinguished, the inspector finds the fault, which is the improper cable. You try to collect money from the house insurance but your claim is denied. The reason is: you caused the fire when using the wrong cable.

Same will happen to you if you don't learn plumbing in school or working in that trade for years and gaining experience.

Learning the trade and the code is for saving lives (your life first), avoiding damage to the tools and equipment, avoiding destruction of the premises. SAFETY is first, and school and training will teach you that: SAFETY.

I'm glad to hear you want to learn a trade, but please listen to the ones with experience. I have had myself a trade license, and I renewed it every two years, until I didn't renewed it anymore, but my knowledge stays.

Please, do the right thing. Getting a trade license is not "that easy", but others did it, because they wanted to become plumbers, the wanted to become electricians, they wanted to work with a license in construction business.

Then, you don't need to answer this questions to me or the others here.

Do you want to become a plumber because that is really what you feel attractive to do? Because you like seeing you as a plumber?

If yes, I can tell you that if you are good working with your hands, then you will be a plumber.

If no, then you better have your plan B, which is another job you think is suitable for you.

I'm already on the job by 6 am
Is that a local job...how far did you travel to it?

Forum List

Back