Lawsuit Against Kim Davis Dismissed: Victory For Religious Passive Refusal

Regardless of how much you spin this as a victory, clerks in KY can't refuse to issue marriage licenses to gay couples on the basis of their religious beliefs. Too bad, so sad.

Sure they can. Watch them.
Not according to the courts. Individual clerks can refuse, not the county itself.
Exactly what I said. Clerks can refuse.
If that had been "exactly" what you said I wouldn't have had to clarify the reality for you.

When have any of us ever argued for polygamy? The only one carrying water for polygamy is you

I have argued for polygamy. I think they deserve to have their marriages legal so long as everyone legally consents.
Of course you have. That's part of the slippery slope that you loons claim is a figment of our imagination. The slippery slope that includes homos trying to regulate the churches and legalize marriage between fags and their dogs and children, and Mohommed and his 15 wives.

But those Mormons now..THEY'RE sick fuckers.

What church regulation have you had to suffer as a result of homos?

What a stupid question. I never said I'd suffered a church regulation, what an imbecilic thing to say lol.

But will Judge Roy Moore fail in his defense of his stance on gay marriage in Alabama?.

so why are you against polygamous marriage Silhouete?

I don't know Syriusly. You could start a thread on "why Sil is against polyamorous marriages". This thread is about Kim Davis not being able to be sued for her religious objections to gay marriage.

She was being sued because she denied citizens in her county marriage certificates they had a right to.

She was shut down by the courts and the law, and her office now releases the certificates that Davis denied.

Actually, no, she wasn't. She was refusing to issue the licenses herself. Which is why the suit was dismissed. She has that right.

As well as everyone in her office. Gays can obtain marriage licenses in Rowan County. Don't like it? Tough shit.

Poor faggot, do you need a tissue? Wave that tiny fist in fury!

Why would I need a tissue? Other than whining on the web, you and Kim Davis can't do shit about queers marrying.

Regardless of how much you spin this as a victory, clerks in KY can't refuse to issue marriage licenses to gay couples on the basis of their religious beliefs. Too bad, so sad.

Not according to the courts. Individual clerks can refuse, not the county itself.
If that had been "exactly" what you said I wouldn't have had to clarify the reality for you.
You didn't clarify reality honey, you repeated my point as if I hadn't already said it.

I don't know Syriusly. You could start a thread on "why Sil is against polyamorous marriages". This thread is about Kim Davis not being able to be sued for her religious objections to gay marriage.

She was being sued because she denied citizens in her county marriage certificates they had a right to.

She was shut down by the courts and the law, and her office now releases the certificates that Davis denied.

Actually, no, she wasn't. She was refusing to issue the licenses herself. Which is why the suit was dismissed. She has that right.

As well as everyone in her office. Gays can obtain marriage licenses in Rowan County. Don't like it? Tough shit.

Why would I need a tissue? Other than whining on the web, you and Kim Davis can't do shit about queers marrying.

And likewise, fags can't do shit about people who refuse to marry them.

It's sad for you.

When have any of us ever argued for polygamy? The only one carrying water for polygamy is you

I have argued for polygamy. I think they deserve to have their marriages legal so long as everyone legally consents.
Of course you have. That's part of the slippery slope that you loons claim is a figment of our imagination. The slippery slope that includes homos trying to regulate the churches and legalize marriage between fags and their dogs and children, and Mohommed and his 15 wives.

What a stupid question. I never said I'd suffered a church regulation, what an imbecilic thing to say lol.

But I thought homos were trying to regulate churches? They seem to be doing a rather shitty job on that account.

You didn't clarify reality honey, you repeated my point as if I hadn't already said it.
Well now that we are all on the same page, why are you still fighting against gay marriage? Kind of really really stupid.

Jesus said: "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Let's consult Judge Roy Moore's courthouse stone tablet:

I. You shall have no other gods before Me.

II. You shall not make idols.

III. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.

IV. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

V. Honor your father and your mother.

VI. You shall not murder.

VII. You shall not commit adultery.

VIII. You shall not steal.

IX. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

X. You shall not covet.

Adultery is right up there in the Top Ten!

So you see, boys and girls, Kim Davis does not follow her religion at all. She willingly signs off on the Top Ten sin of Adultery nearly every day.

She just hates fags. Nothing to do with the bible. She does not have a RELIGIOUS objection to gay marriage. She just HATES.

I'd love to question her in court under oath. It would be a blast. I'd bring a pile of adultery all the way to the CEILING that she signed off on.

Last edited:

But I thought homos were trying to regulate churches? They seem to be doing a rather shitty job on that account.

"Trying".

It's sad for you.

There are plenty of people and churches willing to marry fags. Who cares if your snake handling sect won't? lol

"Trying".

Let me know when they actually do. Until then keep clutching your pearls, drama queen.

Kim Davis signs off on adultery.

She is not Bible-compliant.

End of story.

It's sad for you.

Sad in what way? Despite your opposition to Americans being allowed to marry, couples can now marry in all 50 states regardless of the race or gender of their spouse.

Joyous- not sad.

Well played! :clap2:

End of story.
Not quite. Because it is an incomplete story. Adultery doesn't come with eternal damnation. It is a venial sin. Whereas promoting a homosexual cultural takeover, like Jude reminded the faithful of about Sodom's destruction in Jude 1 of the New Testament, is a mortal sin, getting your soul eternity in the slammer. Apparently God is sophisticated enough to see a difference between individual sin that hurts a handful of people at most vs a sin that destroys the matrix of an entire culture he created within which to give souls a fighting chance at least to resist temptation to depravity.

BIG difference. Pivotal as it turns out. And hence why Jude, Jesus' personal daily servant, was so adamant about reminding the faithful of this particular lesson of the Old Testament from Genesis.

Well played! :clap2:

Laughing...and when, pray tell, has Obergefell ever been used by the courts to overturn any polygamy law?

End of story.
Not quite. Because it is an incomplete story. Adultery doesn't come with eternal damnation. It is a venial sin.
Wrong. It is a MORTAL sin. It's in the Top Ten, idiot.

End of story.

What is a Mortal Sin?

In the Bible, St. Paul gives us a list of grave sins. He states that anyone who commits these sins shall not enter the kingdom of God. "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (Galatians 5:19-20). Paul also tells the Corinthians, "know you no that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, Nor the effeminate, nor liers with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards nor railers, nor extortioners shall possess the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). These sins constitute grave matter, and if they are committed willingly and with full consent, constitute mortal sin.

End of story.

End of story.
Lots of Old Testament citations. Jesus came along to amend many of those. Not the warnings about homosexuality though, except to alter them to say "hate the sin, not the sinner". You're aware are you that Christians follow the New Testament? Jesus' revision of the Old Testament? No?

You know, it was foretold even in Jude 1 that there would be serpents like you in the end days who would manipulate the words of the saints to force Christians to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" when it came to the Bible's teachings. Whaddya know? They were right about that at least. The Bible nailed that one spot-on.

Forum List

Back