Law professor: Slippery slope to legal incest and polygamy

Do you understand the words Social Security?

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/OP_Home/ssact/title02/0216.htm

This has held up to challenges before because it doesn't discriminate, despite your obsession about DOMA.

Yes I do and I understand that it is DOMA section 2 that means my legal marriage gets treated differently than yours. If you marry your 1st cousin in HI and and move to AL, you're still legally married and your SS is unaffected. If I move to AL, I'm no longer considered legally married in AL despite being legally married in CA. That is solely because of DOMA Section 2.

Yes, your marraige is protected by federal law, mine isn't. Yet you are the one whinging about DOMA, while I am the one that doesn't give a fuck.

Yours isn't? How did you come to that conclusion?

Yes I do and I understand that it is DOMA section 2 that means my legal marriage gets treated differently than yours. If you marry your 1st cousin in HI and and move to AL, you're still legally married and your SS is unaffected. If I move to AL, I'm no longer considered legally married in AL despite being legally married in CA. That is solely because of DOMA Section 2.

Yes, your marraige is protected by federal law, mine isn't. Yet you are the one whinging about DOMA, while I am the one that doesn't give a fuck.

for the record, wytchey does not have a fuck to give, unless you include battery powered ones.

Seriously, seek help for your obsession with the sex life of lesbians.

Yours isn't? How did you come to that conclusion?

I already explained that way back when you first started whinging about DOMA.

for the record, wytchey does not have a fuck to give, unless you include battery powered ones.

Seriously, your sex life makes me sick. But go on with it, we live in a free country--at least for a while.

But if you ever go to a muslim country, do not practice your lesbian sex, you might lose your head. and if obozo allows sharia law in the USA, watch out.

you just don't have any idea what may be coming your way.

There has been exhaustive research on that subject, backed up by large amounts of on-line footage to assist in one's research.

:banana:

then stay in CA----problem solved.

Treat marriages equally under the law---problem solved.

Deny the legality of same sex marriage completely. Problem solved. Then we don't have to get to polygamous or incestuous marriage.

Seriously, your sex life makes me sick. But go on with it, we live in a free country--at least for a while.

But if you ever go to a muslim country, do not practice your lesbian sex, you might lose your head. and if obozo allows sharia law in the USA, watch out.

you just don't have any idea what may be coming your way.

No thanks. I'm an American and plan on staying here. If you like their policies so much, perhaps you should live there.

I already explained that way back when you first started whinging about DOMA.

Must've missed it. Common law? Nothing is preventing YOU from the legal marriage license.

What is illegal about common law marriage?

I never said they aren't legal, but in many states they are not treated the same as a legal marriage license. You CAN get a legal marriage in any of the 50 states, however so any argument you may think you have is moot.

BTW, stating an unjust law, a part of which has already been found unconstitutional, is unjust isn't whining. (Note spelling)

When I post about Social Security, and you keep whinging about DOMA, that is whinging.

It's stating facts, not whining. (I don't even know what whinging is) the FACT is that it would be Section 2 of DOMA and nothing else that would keep me from collecting SS in a non marriage equality state.

Must've missed it. Common law? Nothing is preventing YOU from the legal marriage license.

I never said they aren't legal, but in many states they are not treated the same as a legal marriage license. You CAN get a legal marriage in any of the 50 states, however so any argument you may think you have is moot.

What makes you so sure about that? If I can do that, why can't you?

BTW, stating an unjust law, a part of which has already been found unconstitutional, is unjust isn't whining. (Note spelling)

When I post about Social Security, and you keep whinging about DOMA, that is whinging.

It's stating facts, not whining. (I don't even know what whinging is) the FACT is that it would be Section 2 of DOMA and nothing else that would keep me from collecting SS in a non marriage equality state.

There you go blaming DOMA again.

I provided the link to Social Security laws which clearly state that it depends on the state of domicile and how it treats marriage. It is entirely possible under Social Security to have never been married in any way, shape, or form, and still collect the survivor's benefit. It is also possible to be legally married, and heterosexual, and not collect it. Until you get that throw your tiny little mind, and stop whinging about DOMA, you won't be doing anything but whinging about DOMA.

I provided the link to Social Security laws which clearly state that it depends on the state of domicile and how it treats marriage. It is entirely possible under Social Security to have never been married in any way, shape, or form, and still collect the survivor's benefit. It is also possible to be legally married, and heterosexual, and not collect it. Until you get that throw your tiny little mind, and stop whinging about DOMA, you won't be doing anything but whinging about DOMA.

Bovine feces. Under what instance would a legal spouse not receive survivor benefits?

If a heterosexual couple marries in one state and one starts to collect survivor benefits due to the death of their legal spouse and then that individual moves to another state, their benefits are not at risk. The benefits of a gay couple are...because of DOMA.

The Supreme Court did not touch a DOMA provision that states need not recognize same-sex marriages performed by other states. Because the Social Security Act relies on where you were "domiciled when you filed for benefits," Congress will have to address changing the law to apply to couples who get married in states where gay marriages are legal but move to states where they're not.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323823004578595491100933204.html

What makes you so sure about that? If I can do that, why can't you?

If you are in a common law marriage, you are heterosexual and you can get legally married in all 50 states. If you marry in any ONE of those 50 states, your marriage is recognized in all 50.

I am not heterosexual. I am legally married in less than a score of those 50. Why? DOMA.

Bovine feces. Under what instance would a legal spouse not receive survivor benefits?

If a heterosexual couple marries in one state and one starts to collect survivor benefits due to the death of their legal spouse and then that individual moves to another state, their benefits are not at risk. The benefits of a gay couple are...because of DOMA.

The Supreme Court did not touch a DOMA provision that states need not recognize same-sex marriages performed by other states. Because the Social Security Act relies on where you were "domiciled when you filed for benefits," Congress will have to address changing the law to apply to couples who get married in states where gay marriages are legal but move to states where they're not.

Supreme Court DOMA Decision Grants Social Security, Medicare Benefits to Same-Sex Couples - WSJ.com

Back to DOMA again, when are you going to get over it?

Supreme Court DOMA Decision Grants Social Security, Medicare Benefits to Same-Sex Couples - WSJ.com

Back to DOMA again, when are you going to get over it?

When it's repealed and all legal marriages are treated exactly the same.

Forum List

Back