CDZ Law abiding citizens should be able to carry a gun, open or concealed in any state...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This should be obvious to anyone who understands the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and how we catch criminals.......if you are a law abiding citizen, you should be able to carry a gun either concealed or open......in any state in the union without fear of arrest or prosecution...why don't you anti gunners get that?

This should be obvious to anyone who understands the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and how we catch criminals.......if you are a law abiding citizen, you should be able to carry a gun either concealed or open......in any state in the union without fear of arrest or prosecution...why don't you anti gunners get that?

I have worked in hosptals almost all of my adult life-------I have seen mothers lying on the emergency room floor screaming (some kid found dad's gun)

If we were still a largely rural country, I would be okay with that. We're not, we're overwhelmingly urban and most have not grown up around them, and I have no problem requiring safety and use training before being allowed to purchase one. Other than that, I don't see any reason to have to have a special permit just to carry one concealed. It's redundant.

I have worked in hosptals almost all of my adult life-------I have seen mothers lying on the emergency room floor screaming (some kid found dad's gun)

And that is a tragedy, but the person responsible for that was DAD. Not the gun.

And that is a tragedy, but the person responsible for that was DAD. Not the gun.

yes----I do not advocate prosecution against guns

Isn't that Trump's position as well? I believe I read that it was.

Law abiding citizens should be able to carry a gun, open or concealed in any state...

Actually, law abiding citizens should be able to go about their lives without a relentless culture that continually glorifies guns and violence, that's what they should be able to do.

Law abiding citizens should be able to carry a gun, open or concealed in any state...

Actually, law abiding citizens should be able to go about their lives without a relentless culture that continually glorifies guns and violence, that's what they should be able to do.

Where do we glorify it? We abhor it. However, unlike you, we are capable of dealing with bad people on our own. We don't need someone to come "save us" after the crime has already occurred.

Yeah.......out of 357 million guns in private hands about 50 kids a year have that happen.........and the relevance to this thread would be?

In 1997 we had 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense...in 2016 we now have 15 million people carrying guns for self defense......our gun crime rate went down 49% but even more to your point.....our gun accidental death rate went down as well....from the CDC...

http://webappa.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

Where do we glorify it? We abhor it. However, unlike you, we are capable of dealing with bad people on our own. We don't need someone to come "save us" after the crime has already occurred.

"Where"? Really, "where"??? :disbelief:

Literally any day or night scanning literally any set of TV channels anywhere......... Movies.......... video games............ comic books ......... fiction ............. toys ........... scholastic history classes .......... sports metaphors and everyday language in or out of sports......... "Where" he says, as if he lives in a damn cave.

Normal adjusted people do not fetishize instruments made to fire projectiles to kill things. That's a mental illness.

Yeah.......out of 357 million guns in private hands about 50 kids a year have that happen.........and the relevance to this thread would be?

That you don't give a f**k about 50 kids?

And here are the number of accidental deaths of children.......2013 and 2014...they went down, again, as more people actually carried guns...

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Accidental death by gun for children....

under 1: 3
age 1-4: 27
age 5-14: 39

Total accidental gun death for kids 2013....69
Total accidental gun death for kids in 2014...48

If we were still a largely rural country, I would be okay with that. We're not, we're overwhelmingly urban and most have not grown up around them, and I have no problem requiring safety and use training before being allowed to purchase one. Other than that, I don't see any reason to have to have a special permit just to carry one concealed. It's redundant.

Would you require a literacy test for voting? Or a test on the U.S. political system before voting?

Talk to hollywood and the rap music industry then...

Literally any day or night scanning literally any set of TV channels anywhere......... Movies.......... video games............ comic books ......... fiction ............. toys ........... scholastic history classes .......... sports metaphors and everyday language in or out of sports......... "Where" he says, as if he lives in a damn cave.

Normal adjusted people do not fetishize instruments made to fire projectiles to kill things. That's a mental illness.

Then tell the anti gunners on U.S. message to stop doing that......since every time we talk about guns they start talking about having sex with them....

Not what I said.......there are 74.2 million kids as of the 2010 census...the leading cause of death for kids is the automobile........denying the owners of 357-400 million guns based on 48 accidents a year makes no sense....don't you agree?

Not what I said.......there are 74.2 million kids as of the 2010 census...the leading cause of death for kids is the automobile........denying the owners of 357-400 million guns based on 48 accidents a year makes no sense....don't you agree?

Who said anything about "denying" anything?
Strawman much?

Who said anything about "denying" anything?
Strawman much?

Nope...responding to your nonsensical attack against me...

Then tell the anti gunners on U.S. message to stop doing that......since every time we talk about guns they start talking about having sex with them....

"Fetish" doesn't necessarily mean something sexual, Sparkles.

See #s 1, 2 and 4 here:

fet·ish
(fĕt′ĭsh)
n.
1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
3. Something, such as a material object or nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.
An irrational obsession or fixation.

Even this message board has an entire forum dedicated to it. See any similar forum on, say, knives? Swords? Poisons? Truncheons? Shillelaghs?

Forum List

Back