CDZ Law abiding citizens should be able to carry a gun, open or concealed in any state...

Law abiding citizens should be able to carry a gun, open or concealed in any state...

Actually, law abiding citizens should be able to go about their lives without a relentless culture that continually glorifies guns and violence, that's what they should be able to do.

Where do we glorify it? We abhor it. However, unlike you, we are capable of dealing with bad people on our own. We don't need someone to come "save us" after the crime has already occurred.

"Where"? Really, "where"??? :disbelief:

Literally any day or night scanning literally any set of TV channels anywhere......... Movies.......... video games............ comic books ......... fiction ............. toys ........... scholastic history classes .......... sports metaphors and everyday language in or out of sports......... "Where" he says, as if he lives in a damn cave.

Normal adjusted people do not fetishize instruments made to fire projectiles to kill things. That's a mental illness.

Then tell the anti gunners on U.S. message to stop doing that......since every time we talk about guns they start talking about having sex with them....

"Fetish" doesn't necessarily mean something sexual, Sparkles.

See #s 1, 2 and 4 here:

fet·ish
(fĕt′ĭsh)
n.
1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
3. Something, such as a material object or nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.
An irrational obsession or fixation.

Even this message board has an entire forum dedicated to it. See any similar forum on, say, knives? Swords? Poisons? Truncheons? Shillelaghs?

So.....people have a fetish for computers.....and wine, the X-box? Russia? Australia?

This should be obvious to anyone who understands the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and how we catch criminals.......if you are a law abiding citizen, you should be able to carry a gun either concealed or open......in any state in the union without fear of arrest or prosecution...why don't you anti gunners get that?

I have worked in hosptals almost all of my adult life-------I have seen mothers lying on the emergency room floor screaming (some kid found dad's gun)

And that is a tragedy, but the person responsible for that was DAD. Not the gun.

Again --- no one suggested the gun was a "person responsible". Funny how y'all always have to move this goalpost to a point nobody ever makes. Why is that?

This should be obvious to anyone who understands the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and how we catch criminals.......if you are a law abiding citizen, you should be able to carry a gun either concealed or open......in any state in the union without fear of arrest or prosecution...why don't you anti gunners get that?

I have worked in hosptals almost all of my adult life-------I have seen mothers lying on the emergency room floor screaming (some kid found dad's gun)

And that is a tragedy, but the person responsible for that was DAD. Not the gun.

Again --- no one suggested the gun was a "person responsible". Funny how y'all always have to move this goalpost to a point nobody ever makes. Why is that?

Anti gunners think that the gun is responsible...which is why they focus on that, it has become a Fetish...for them.....instead of the actual problem which is an accident due to carelessness.....

Law abiding citizens should be able to carry a gun, open or concealed in any state...

Actually, law abiding citizens should be able to go about their lives without a relentless culture that continually glorifies guns and violence, that's what they should be able to do.

Where do we glorify it? We abhor it. However, unlike you, we are capable of dealing with bad people on our own. We don't need someone to come "save us" after the crime has already occurred.

Literally any day or night scanning literally any set of TV channels anywhere......... Movies.......... video games............ comic books ......... fiction ............. toys ........... scholastic history classes .......... sports metaphors and everyday language in or out of sports......... "Where" he says, as if he lives in a damn cave.

Normal adjusted people do not fetishize instruments made to fire projectiles to kill things. That's a mental illness.

Then tell the anti gunners on U.S. message to stop doing that......since every time we talk about guns they start talking about having sex with them....

See #s 1, 2 and 4 here:

fet·ish
(fĕt′ĭsh)
n.
1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
3. Something, such as a material object or nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.

Even this message board has an entire forum dedicated to it. See any similar forum on, say, knives? Swords? Poisons? Truncheons? Shillelaghs?

So.....people have a fetish for computers.....and wine, the X-box?

Some do, sure. And throw in smartphones. That's a big one.

The difference is, (a) those things are not an endlessly central character in your typical movie, TV show, comic book, video game, novel, etc etc etc, and (b) those things don't kill people.

Anti gunners think that the gun is responsible...which is why they focus on that, it has become a Fetish...for them.....instead of the actual problem which is an accident due to carelessness.....

And there it is --- another strawman.

Is that the only way you can debate then?

See #s 1, 2 and 4 here:

fet·ish
(fĕt′ĭsh)
n.

The difference is, (a) those things are not an endlessly central character in your typical movie, TV show, comic book, video game, novel, etc etc etc, and (b) those things don't kill people.

They use cell phones to detonate IEDs and other bombs.....

And there it is --- another strawman.

Is that the only way you can debate then?

upload_2016-12-17_17-45-52.png

Looks like 2aguy

is burning down someone's fetish...

You mean the progressive media with their incessant drumbeat of how evil guns are? Get a clue clown boy.

See #s 1, 2 and 4 here:

fet·ish
(fĕt′ĭsh)
n.

They use cell phones to detonate IEDs and other bombs.....

Yep "they" do don't they.

But again ---- detonating an IED isn't what a phone is designed for. Just as wrapping around a telephone pole isn't what a car is designed for.

You mean the progressive media with their incessant drumbeat of how evil guns are? Get a clue clown boy.

Tim Kaine Blames Ohio State Terror Attack on Guns!

Ohio Legislature Makes A Stand For America After Abdul's Reign Of Terror, Passes All New Gun Law - Conservative Daily Post

She should have taught her kid better. We knew at earliest I can remember about firearms and how they worked.

If we were still a largely rural country, I would be okay with that. We're not, we're overwhelmingly urban and most have not grown up around them, and I have no problem requiring safety and use training before being allowed to purchase one. Other than that, I don't see any reason to have to have a special permit just to carry one concealed. It's redundant.
Sure, the same people who insist that milk comes from cardboard/plastic cartons, meat come in Styrofoam packages, etc. Yeah, like they have a clue about reality.

Barring control of guns, you prefer control of people?

Barring control of guns, you prefer control of people?

Nope. That's what laws supposedly do ---- control people. Except when they don't. I've said for the entire time I've been on this site --- arriving on this very issue ---- that throwing laws at it is wrongheaded and ineffective and serves as little more than posturing so that politicians can give the illusion that they're "addressing" the issue when they're not.

Anyway the point above was to point out a logical fallacy where the poster introduced a claim no one had made.

Sure.

This also has nothing to do with the statement made by the OP.

Would you require a literacy test for voting? Or a test on the U.S. political system before voting?

Absolutely, and one demonstrating knowledge of the local, state, [band[/b] Federal political system. Those who can't pass all three can vote in those areas they did pass.

Would you require a literacy test for voting? Or a test on the U.S. political system before voting?

Absolutely, and one demonstrating knowledge of the local, state, [band[/b] Federal political system. Those who can't pass all three can vote in those areas they did pass.

And I imagine you want everyone to pass a basic legal test in libel and slander before they can post on the internet, write a book or use a computer?

New Topics

Forum List

Back