Lastest IIPC report released - most comprehensive proof yet

A bit of advice...

Never try to discuss or explain anything to someone who is obviously determined NOT to understand what you are saying.

That is basically what happens in every climate related thread on this board.

Assertions are made, then denied...and in both case the claimant and the denier are neither of them qualified to advance the debate.

In both case they are (at best) relying on the judgement of "experts"

True, but given the choice between relying on experts and relying on non-experts, I'll take the experts every time.

One interesting thing here is seeing posters line up to refuse to read the report - that doesn't seem like the most intelligent way to evaluate what scientists are claiming.

Have you read the report yet?

Didn't think so, so how can you insist that it is accurate? Are these people experts because they know how to write? After all, you think you are an expert about a country because you read a book.

QW -

I have read the main parts of the report, obviously.

No you didn't, you read the press release. If you had read the report you would have linked to the actual report, not the press release.

Last edited:
A bit of advice...

Never try to discuss or explain anything to someone who is obviously determined NOT to understand what you are saying.

That is basically what happens in every climate related thread on this board.

Assertions are made, then denied...and in both case the claimant and the denier are neither of them qualified to advance the debate.

In both case they are (at best) relying on the judgement of "experts"

True, but given the choice between relying on experts and relying on non-experts, I'll take the experts every time.

Yeah I understand that. Saigon, but are you truly qualified to know which expert opinions are valid and which are not?

I mean of course most of us who are sane go with the majority opinion in that circumstance, because..well that's the most logical guess.

But we (maybe you but certainly not me) do not KNOW with any certainty.,

So getting upset, or angry that others disagree (when we don't really know either) is sort of a waste of drama.

Now you manage to keep your cool, but clearly there is no point because here you cannot EDUCATE people whose only purpose is to insult you and advance any lie that upsets those those that these morons imagine is their "enemy"

One interesting thing here is seeing posters line up to refuse to read the report - that doesn't seem like the most intelligent way to evaluate what scientists are claiming.

You and I both know that the "deniers" here are mostly ignorant trolls, more interested in yanking environmentalists' chains, than having an honest discussion.

Last edited:
QW -

No you didn't, you read the press release. If you had read the report you would have linked to the actual report, not the press release.

The report itself will not be released till tomorrow, Monday, 30 September. This is my fault. I first posted the link to the release but errantly labeled it as a link to the full report. My link took you to a screen at www.ipcc.ch that showed a button for the press release and the report. I failed to note that the button for the report was non-functional.

So, none of us have had the option of reading the full report - only the press release.

Last edited:
Yeah I understand that. Saigon, but are you truly qualified to know which expert opinions are valid and which are not?

If your options are between peer reviewed studies by multiple climate science PhDs and right-wing blogs written by journalists with no science education whatsoever, the proper choice is not difficult to discern.

Last edited:
QW -

The report itself will not be released till tomorrow, Monday, 30 September. This is my fault. I first posted the link to the release but errantly labeled it as a link to the full report. My link took you to a screen at www.ipcc.ch that showed a button for the press release and the report. I failed to note that the button for the report was non-functional.

So, none of us have had the option of reading the full report - only the press release.

I don't recall you claiming you read the report, and that anyone who hasn't read the report, but is commenting anyway, is wrong.

By the way, you might want to explain to Saigon that he hasn't read the 2000 page report because it hasn't been released yet.

Forum List

Back