LAPD Caught On Video Shooting Homeless Man To Death

Killing another person is serious. Just as a private citizen cannot just say "the intruder went for my gun" as an excuse to use deadly force neither can a cop just say "the perp went for my gun". If there is no evidence that the homeless man went for a cops gun other than what someone said then it is a wrongful death and must be investigated. In any investigation it weighs less if the shooter kills an unarmed then says the person was "going for my gun".

We should be concerned that someone was killed. We should be MORE concerned that someone was killed than how the policeman felt at the time. Carrying a weapon requires special responsibility. If an officer is incapable of conducting him/herself in a way of keeping a weapon under control then that officer has no business being armed.

What are you talking about? If a private citizen has an intruder in their house they can use deadly force legally - there is no - they went for my gun! story....

As to the cop? You try to reach for a cops gun you can expect him to respond with deadly force. His life is being endangered by the act of the person trying to take his weapon and disarm him.

We should be more concerned that the police officer kept it under control and didn't lose his firearm and that he is alive and safe and went home to his family that night. End of story. If you obey the law you won't have problems. If you don't? Anything can happen. That's the lesson here.

Why does this guys status as a homeowner change how cops are supposed to treat him?

Because they expect cops to treat people like damn children and tell everyone how special they are, particularly the degenerate drug addicts.

"Oooooh....he was homeless and an addict....oh oh and...he had mental illness....you cant treat him the same as everyone else".

Fuck that. Justice is blind. You fight cops...you can be a billionaire or a homeless degenerate. ...both are getting their ass kicked.

I want you to go arrest Jeffrey Epstein! You're just the one to do it!

Because he tried to take a gun from the cop.
If you go for a cops gun...good chance you get shot.
I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who goes for a cops gun. You get what you brought on yourself.
So you think he was killed just for trying?

If he had not tried to take the gun the police would have to be put on trial for murder. No question about it. You cannot kill a homeless person because they are on the street homeless. They'd all be found guilty.

The line was crossed at the homeless man having taken the cops gun and having it in his hands - the officer at that point had been disarmed. How that happened is a serious question they had better have an answer for.

If he had not tried to take the gun the police would have to be put on trial for murder. No question about it. You cannot kill a homeless person because they are on the street homeless. They'd all be found guilty.

The line was crossed at the homeless man having taken the cops gun and having it in his hands - the officer at that point had been disarmed. How that happened is a serious question they had better have an answer for.
Strange post: a convoluted conditional, followed by an amazing grasp of the obvious, then the silliness compounded by asking how it happened despite clear documentation.

Because he tried to take a gun from the cop.
If you go for a cops gun...good chance you get shot.
I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who goes for a cops gun. You get what you brought on yourself.
So you think he was killed just for trying?

Yes. They arent gonna risk him actually gaining possession of that gun...where he could return fire.

[/QUOTE]
I am asking. Trying to take, not taking. So are you answering?[/QUOTE]

Yes. He was shot during his attempt at taking a cops gun.

If he had not tried to take the gun
Do you have any evidence whatsoever which confirms that he attempted to obtain the officer's gun?

Video.
Audio statements.
Condition of gun afterwards.

Totality of circumstances such as 3 out of 4 cops, all reacting the same way while seeing the same scene.

It all looks legit.
It only looks legit to total idiots who lack reasoning skills.

2 of the cops were wearing shoulder cams.....they will have those to check out too........
The LAPD refuses too release those videos. They are hiding them from the taxpayers who paid a lot of money for those videos.

You do know...thats evidence? The citizens video was uploaded online. They have no control over that.

But if they were to charge anyone...releasing that evidence would TAINT THE POOL OF JURORS for the trial.

Thats why they dont release those until the investigation is over.

The potential jury could be tainted. You want a grand jury to look at possible charges right? Keeping evidence out of the news...ensures a non bias jury.

Forum List

Back