Lakers May Sit Kobe

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
This is the funniest thing I heard.

Laker coach Byron Scott is talking of sitting Kobe down if they fall out of playoff contention.

WTF? Does he really think the Lakers have a shot?

They are 12-29, 15.5 games out of the 8th seed, even if the Suns play .500 ball the rest of the season and the Oklahoma City Thunder don't over take Phoenix, the Lakers would have to win 32 of the next 41, just to tie.

Most everyone believes it will take 50 wins to secure the 8th seed, which would mean the Lakers would need to win 38 of their 41 remaining games.

Does Scott or anyone in the Laker organization actually believe the Lakers are in playoff contention?

If they want to sit Kobe, just sit him, no need to wait if they are out of playoff contention, they were there in November.

Is this what's taking the Sunday lineup out tonight on CBS? It sucks.

I guess that's the NFL..

Seems to me that they should sit Kobe IF they want to have a shot at the playoffs.

In a game earlier in the year when he sat, the team was so energized it responded by beating the team with the best record in the N.B.A.

I would think anybody who has played a game of pick-up basketball would understand how frustrating it is to have a teammate who throws up shots willy nilly despite an extremely poor percentage that actually go in.

What other player in the NBA would be given the ball despite hitting barely over a third of their shots?

I didn't realize how good Jess Buss was and how incompetent his kids are.

Tanking,,,,I hate tanking.
At least my Timberwolves have been crappy because of injuries to their main veterans! The good thing that has come of this is it has given Andrew Wiggins a change to grow his NBA game.
The Lakers aren't tanking, they are terrible and they are lucky to have won as many games as they have. Plus, they really have no future until Kobe leaves and his payroll goes off the books.

At least my Timberwolves have been crappy because of injuries to their main veterans! The good thing that has come of this is it has given Andrew Wiggins a change to grow his NBA game.
The Lakers aren't tanking, they are terrible and they are lucky to have won as many games as they have. Plus, they really have no future until Kobe leaves and his payroll goes off the books.

For the Lakers sake, I hope they don't go after Kevin Love and over pay the guy next season. The guy sucks at defense, saw it when he was at Minny and now at Cleveland.

For the Lakers sake, I hope they don't go after Kevin Love and over pay the guy next season. The guy sucks at defense, saw it when he was at Minny and now at Cleveland.

I hope the Lakers overpay everyone they sign. Nice to see the Lakers struggling.

I hope the Lakers overpay everyone they sign. Nice to see the Lakers struggling.

I can say the same about the Knicks. I have always thought Phil Jackson was overrated. On some of the boards I visit, their fans acted like the Knicks were going to win it all prior to the season starting.

I can say the same about the Knicks. I have always thought Phil Jackson was overrated. On some of the boards I visit, their fans acted like the Knicks were going to win it all prior to the season starting.

I don't mind NY going down, As long as the Trailblazers keep rollin along, I am good.

Back when the were the Potland Blazers, I was embarrassed. This group is a class group.

Laker coach Byron Scott is talking of sitting Kobe down if they fall out of playoff contention.

They are 12-29, 15.5 games out of the 8th seed, even if the Suns play .500 ball the rest of the season and the Oklahoma City Thunder don't over take Phoenix, the Lakers would have to win 32 of the next 41, just to tie.

Most everyone believes it will take 50 wins to secure the 8th seed, which would mean the Lakers would need to win 38 of their 41 remaining games.

Does Scott or anyone in the Laker organization actually believe the Lakers are in playoff contention?

If they want to sit Kobe, just sit him, no need to wait if they are out of playoff contention, they were there in November.

Out of principal I'd be against Kobe sitting out any games if he's healthy. The guy is getting payed a lot of money to pay...that's what he should do. The same goes for Carmelo Anthony. ...you're getting payed to play a kid's game...the least you can do is play is you're capable of it. I don't remember any of the great players I grew up watching as a kid sit it out because thier team wasn't making the playoffs..I've never heard of such a thing until this year. Not to mention you are ripping the fans off who pay to see the best talent on the floor.

he aint got long....at 36 he is way past his prime....he is reportedly worth 260 million so he aint hurtin...

Phil overrated?....11 championships with 2 different teams?.....i dont know about that....

Phil overrated?....11 championships with 2 different teams?.....i dont know about that....

13 championships...has two with the Knicks as a player. Just saying.

Out of principal I'd be against Kobe sitting out any games if he's healthy. The guy is getting payed a lot of money to pay...that's what he should do. The same goes for Carmelo Anthony. ...you're getting payed to play a kid's game...the least you can do is play is you're capable of it. I don't remember any of the great players I grew up watching as a kid sit it out because thier team wasn't making the playoffs..I've never heard of such a thing until this year. Not to mention you are ripping the fans off who pay to see the best talent on the floor.
you got a point.....Jerry West used to play hurt....so did Magic and Bird....

13 championships...has two with the Knicks as a player. Just saying.
well i thought he was talking about coaching......i know thats what i get for thinking...

In New York he is finally getting challenged. In Chicago and LA, Phil didn't have to develop talent as when he arrived both teams had the core for championship runs.
Just sayin.

In New York he is finally getting challenged. In Chicago and LA, Phil didn't have to develop talent as when he arrived both teams had the core for championship runs.
Just sayin.

I tend to agree. Phil has always won with the most talented teams in the NBA. If he never got to coach Jofdan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq I doubt we would be talking about PJ as a coaching genius.

Forum List

Back