Lakers May Sit Kobe

For the Lakers sake, I hope they don't go after Kevin Love and over pay the guy next season. The guy sucks at defense, saw it when he was at Minny and now at Cleveland.

I hope the Lakers overpay everyone they sign. Nice to see the Lakers struggling.

I can say the same about the Knicks. I have always thought Phil Jackson was overrated. On some of the boards I visit, their fans acted like the Knicks were going to win it all prior to the season starting.
Phil overrated?....11 championships with 2 different teams?.....i dont know about that....

In New York he is finally getting challenged. In Chicago and LA, Phil didn't have to develop talent as when he arrived both teams had the core for championship runs.
Just sayin.

I tend to agree. Phil has always won with the most talented teams in the NBA. If he never got to coach Jofdan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq I doubt we would be talking about PJ as a coaching genius.

Funny how great players make great coaches.

I think the best coach in the NBA in modern history is Gregg Popovich. The guy is a genius, excellent talent evaluater, knows how to mold chemistry and get everything out of his players. He knows to to win with lesser talent but the best team ball concept.

The Lakers aren't tanking, they are terrible and they are lucky to have won as many games as they have. Plus, they really have no future until Kobe leaves and his payroll goes off the books.

For the Lakers sake, I hope they don't go after Kevin Love and over pay the guy next season. The guy sucks at defense, saw it when he was at Minny and now at Cleveland.

I hope the Lakers overpay everyone they sign. Nice to see the Lakers struggling.

I can say the same about the Knicks. I have always thought Phil Jackson was overrated. On some of the boards I visit, their fans acted like the Knicks were going to win it all prior to the season starting.
Phil overrated?....11 championships with 2 different teams?.....i dont know about that....

In New York he is finally getting challenged. In Chicago and LA, Phil didn't have to develop talent as when he arrived both teams had the core for championship runs.
Just sayin.
both teams with the stars were also 4-5th place when he took over....Shaq and Kobe were here already with the Lakers and were near the bottom of the division....phil takes over and then bingo they are a monster team.....tell me Phil did not add something to that?....the first 3 years kobe and shaq were here the lakers were a 4th place team....Phil is a winner....Del Harris certainly wasnt.....

Just sayin.

I tend to agree. Phil has always won with the most talented teams in the NBA. If he never got to coach Jofdan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq I doubt we would be talking about PJ as a coaching genius.

Funny how great players make great coaches.

Yep.,, not saying he shouldn't get credit for winning a lot
I think the best coach in the NBA in modern history is Gregg Popovich. The guy is a genius, excellent talent evaluater, knows how to mold chemistry and get everything out of his players. He knows to to win with lesser talent but the best team ball concept.

Wit out a doubt

Just sayin.
both teams with the stars were also 4-5th place when he took over....Shaq and Kobe were here already with the Lakers and were near the bottom of the division....phil takes over and then bingo they are a monster team.....tell me Phil did not add something to that?....the first 3 years kobe and shaq were here the lakers were a 4th place team....Phil is a winner....Del Harris certainly wasnt.....

You appear to have a point but let's examine that. Phil was also lucky to have coached all those guys when they were in the prime years of their respective careers. Did PJ help them put it all together? No question...but would another good coach have been able to do what he did? We can only speculate, but I say yes. I think PJ deserves credit, but I'm not sure if he's all that special because he never proved himself by coaching a team that doesn't have championship caliber talent.

I think we'll see how Phil Jackson does this upcoming off-season. Phil may be president of the Knicks but he has to work with Knicks owner James Dolan. Dolan's history has laced with some pretty erratic decisions in his quest to make the Knicks contenders. They have had some pretty decent talent but never the chemistry which has led to a revolving door involving this talent. Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph, Stephon Marbury and Wilson Chandler are notable players who have come and gone during Dolan's tenure. Dolan has shot for the stars with Amare Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler and of course Carmelo Anthony but failed to surround those players with quality talent.
The best thing that can happen for the Knicks and Jackson is if Dolan keeps his promise to be a hands-off owner and put all his faith in Jackson. Then we'll see what Phil Jackson is made of.
Of course being a coach is far different that being a president of a club. Phil had two previous owners he worked for who knew how to build teams (Jerry Krause with the Bulls and Jerry Buss with the Lakers). Those two knew how to build around stars unlike Dolan. We'll see if Jackson learned anything from those two.

Seems to me that they should sit Kobe IF they want to have a shot at the playoffs.

In a game earlier in the year when he sat, the team was so energized it responded by beating the team with the best record in the N.B.A.

I would think anybody who has played a game of pick-up basketball would understand how frustrating it is to have a teammate who throws up shots willy nilly despite an extremely poor percentage that actually go in.

What other player in the NBA would be given the ball despite hitting barely over a third of their shots?
In baseball, you give that player a million dollars.

Forum List

Back