lack-of-investment-stifling-global-economy

He trashed and ran out of business the dealerships too. A lot of people lost out.

Dealerships, investors, shareholders all lost out. You know who made out? UNIONS. I don't buy Government motor cars. I buy Toyota!

This happened to a poorly run entity.
All the non-Union people involved KNEW GM was poorly run.
The assembly line workers don't make business decisions.

How about complaining about the 7 MILLION workers who lost their jobs in 2009 to business visas and illegals whilst the business owners and management got thier raises and bonuses.
God forbid you should mention THAT.

She's bitching about why investors don't invest and I'm giving her an example of why investors don't invest. They get screwed. That's why. Progressives are anti success, anti 1%, well the investors are the 1%'ers. Deal with it. Or knot! :eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

You keep harping on an isolated case.

I'm guessing you don't hang out with many people who kept their money in the market.
The market is currently at an ALL TIME HIGH.
Investors are happier than pigs in shit as long as we keep manufacturing in China and Service in India.

More people are putting money into the market than ever so plenty of people are investing and I might add getting some pretty good returns.

So maybe Obama's downgraded Food Stamp "You didn't Built that!" economy is NOT the way to go?

McDonalds and Walmart workers need food stamps just to survive. Kind of cold of you... :(

Thank god for regulations preventing corporations from doing as they damn well please. Not that I don't support corporations as they do a great deal of our nations innovations...But capitalism that is unrestricted is truly the opposite of communism. Opposites like base to a acid can both be very bad for you.

They need to stop trying to make a living off of a starter job.

derp is all you can say?

they didn't react like you right wing clowns promised they would.

You lied to us

thats not all he said.....why did you not respond to what he said in the previous post?.....or maybe you cant and you are once again,just trying to increase your post count.....

Lack of investment is stifling the global economy | Business | theguardian.com

you on the right claim the market will save us.

Your heros don't seem to care about saving anything but their record profits

However one looks at it, the corporate sector in advanced economies in general, and in the US in particular, is as strong as it has been in many years. Non-financial firms have achieved a mix of resilience and agility that contrasts sharply with prevailing conditions for some households and governments around the world that have yet to confront adequately a legacy of over-leverage.

But, rather than deploy their abundant cash in new investments to expand capacity and tap new markets – which they have been very hesitant to do since the global financial crisis erupted – many companies have so far preferred (or have been pressured by activist investors) to give it back to shareholders.

you talk like every major corp is owned by Republicans......what about the ones owned by Democrats.....why are they not investing?.....probably the same reason....

Why is the market at an all time high?

(this should be good)...

98+% of Orders are Institutional...coax the Retail suckers in.
Retail Investors are riding on these over inflated prices which are outpacing inflation.
Smart Retail Investors are investing profits in their homes.
Stupid Retail Investors are taking vacations and buying jewelry.

In the meanwhile, China and India are slowing down as they can't utilize the Factory and Residential towns they've built.

More people are putting money into the market than ever so plenty of people are investing and I might add getting some pretty good returns.

With interest rates appraoching zero, there is little incentive to park capital in savings. YOu can not even beat annual inflation on savings, which leads to speculative gambling, which has lead to a giant bubble of cheap money flooding only the stock market. There is more money to be made while the money is cheap through these vehicles than through investment in produciton, etc..

Thats why we have a stock market hitting record highs and not a fucking fannypack full of main street production increases, in fact the opposite. While many cheer the Fed saved the world economy yadda yadda yadda...what they've really done is ramped up the same shit that brought us tot he brink of disaster in the first place. As it stands, there is no end in sight and another recession deeper than the current one is inevitable.

However one looks at it, the corporate sector in advanced economies in general, and in the US in particular, is as strong as it has been in many years. Non-financial firms have achieved a mix of resilience and agility that contrasts sharply with prevailing conditions for some households and governments around the world that have yet to confront adequately a legacy of over-leverage.

But, rather than deploy their abundant cash in new investments to expand capacity and tap new markets – which they have been very hesitant to do since the global financial crisis erupted – many companies have so far preferred (or have been pressured by activist investors) to give it back to shareholders.

you talk like every major corp is owned by Republicans......what about the ones owned by Democrats.....why are they not investing?.....probably the same reason....

Corporate ideology is neutral, they simply have different avenues of attaining the same goals.
Some see Republicans as the best avenue while some (very few) see Democrats delivering the goods.

Why is the market at an all time high?

(this should be good)...

Because the Fed has vastly expanded the money supply, creating a stock-asset bubble...and there is a current flight to capital to the U.S. (safe haven) due to the Ukraine uncertainty.

This happened to a poorly run entity.
All the non-Union people involved KNEW GM was poorly run.
The assembly line workers don't make business decisions.

How about complaining about the 7 MILLION workers who lost their jobs in 2009 to business visas and illegals whilst the business owners and management got thier raises and bonuses.
God forbid you should mention THAT.

She's bitching about why investors don't invest and I'm giving her an example of why investors don't invest. They get screwed. That's why. Progressives are anti success, anti 1%, well the investors are the 1%'ers. Deal with it. Or knot! :eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

I'm guessing you don't hang out with many people who kept their money in the market.
Investors are happier than pigs in shit as long as we keep manufacturing in China and Service in India.

Isolated my ass. It's the perfect example of what happens when liberal shit up a car company an entire city and then "fix" it. Wanna move on to Boeing? Seattle? Illinois? I don't blame investors for investing elsewhere. Toyota builds a great car GM does not.

Do you want corporations to make bad investments?

Why do you want corporations to fail?

Why do you hate America?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

World economics ain't exactly in your wheel house, truthy.

Nothing is in her wheel house...

Even the wheel's missing!

Isolated my ass. It's the perfect example of what happens when liberal shit up a car company an entire city and then "fix" it. Wanna move on to Boeing? Seattle? Illinois? I don't blame investors for investing elsewhere. Toyota builds a great car GM does not.

i have had GM cars since the 90's.....never had any problems with any of them....:dunno:

you ever notice how TM never seems to answer questions thrown at her?....just the same old responses so she can pad her post count......and why she is so interested in that is beyond me....

you ever notice how TM never seems to answer questions thrown at her?....just the same old responses so she can pad her post count......and why she is so interested in that is beyond me....

Just remember, with TMN, it's the Vodka Talking.

Forum List

Back