LA Teachers Strike: $73K Is Not Enough

In LA it probably isn't. I make way more than that and if we moved to LA we'd definitely struggle given the cost of living.
depends on were you live.....the wealthy coastal areas and some inland areas it may just be getting by....but anywhere else you would be living fairly good.......
....only work a fraction of the time what everyone else must work.

.....impossible to fire for doing a crappy job.

Untrue and untrue.
Find me a public teacher who works 60-80 hours s week for 52 weeks.

Found one.

In LA it probably isn't. I make way more than that and if we moved to LA we'd definitely struggle given the cost of living.
depends on were you live.....the wealthy coastal areas and some inland areas it may just be getting by....but anywhere else you would be living fairly good.......

Untrue and untrue.

Found one.
Uh

Untrue and untrue.

And yes, you cannot fire a teacher for poor performance. Prove me wrong, name one.

It happens all the time. You are just parroting shit you heard someone say.
Dude, I’m close friends with half a dozen SoCal teachers.

One school has a teacher who’s called in sick every Monday for over a decade. They can’t touch her.

DUDE, what field do you work in?

Untrue and untrue.

And yes, you cannot fire a teacher for poor performance. Prove me wrong, name one.

One school has a teacher who’s called in sick every Monday for over a decade. They can’t touch her.

What’s me working myself out of poverty to a multi millionaire have to do with it?

Name the teacher in LA fired for poor performance and why.

Untrue and untrue.

What’s me working myself out of poverty to a multi millionaire have to do with it?

DUUUDE, what field do you work in?

Why? So you can say I should thank a teacher? Engineering. And the best engineers I worked with had a high school diploma.

...... Engineering. ....

Ok DUDE, if you tell me what it’s really like to work in the engineering field, I’ll shut the FUCK up and take your word for it because I DON’T work in that field. Get it, DUDE?

Gutless that is. Not nearly with his pay. Not even close. I've seen it. Pathetic.
I’m a teacher. Parents have to raise their kids proper. You have a welfare state like California there will be no salaries for teachers if people sit at home, smoke dope, sponge off welfare, and expect school raise their kids. It’s a joke. Thanks liberal Democrats:113: WORD!

You nailed it there...the filth in Mexifornia send their children to public schools to learn English and accountability...Educational curriculum is secondary.

Gutless that is. Not nearly with his pay. Not even close. I've seen it. Pathetic.
I’m a teacher. Parents have to raise their kids proper. You have a welfare state like California there will be no salaries for teachers if people sit at home, smoke dope, sponge off welfare, and expect school raise their kids. It’s a joke. Thanks liberal Democrats:113: WORD!

You nailed it there...the filth in Mexifornia send their children to public schools to learn English and accountability...Educational curriculum is secondary.

And to add to the problem, the kids get a "D" in English and an "F" in accountability.

...... Engineering. ....

Ok DUDE, if you tell me what it’s really like to work in the engineering field, I’ll shut the FUCK up and take your word for it because I DON’T work in that field. Get it, DUDE?
You mean working 80 hour work weeks, getting up at 3am to talk to Airbus in France all the time?

That was the not so fun time. But watching things you designed fly or get implanted in people to make their life better was rewarding.

...... Engineering. ....

You mean working 80 hour work weeks, getting up at 3am to talk to Airbus in France all the time?

That was the not so fun time. But watching things you designed fly or get implanted in people to make their life better was rewarding.

You implant things in people to make them fly? Now that is cool! Are you by any chance a super villain?

Average salary in LA is $62k. That puts teachers in the upper end and only work a fraction of the time what everyone else must work. And then huge pensions, and impossible to fire for doing a crappy job.
62 k is shit if you live in a area were the avg income is 75 k +
Learn to read.
you learn to read....62k is not "upper end" in many parts of the state....

The median wage in the USA is about $45k/year. $73k is 62% higher and they're still bitching.

Yep, sounds like Democrats.

73k is shit in that area, ,lol.

Even in Chicagoland where I live, 73k is an average to poor salary, depending on your age/experience.

Untrue and untrue.

Who works 60-80 hours a week for 52 weeks?

I worked an average of 70 hours a week for the time we were in school. That probably averaged out to more than 50 throughout the year.

Untrue and untrue.

Who works 60-80 hours a week for 52 weeks?

I worked an average of 70 hours a week for the time we were in school. That probably averaged out to more than 50 throughout the year.
Lucky you.

The median wage in the USA is about $45k/year. $73k is 62% higher and they're still bitching.

Yep, sounds like Democrats.

The median wage earned in the US does not have the education or experience these teachers have. You also failed to account for the higher cost of living in LA.
Education is the worst it’s ever been in US history.

Forum List

Back