LA Teachers Strike: $73K Is Not Enough

In LA it probably isn't. I make way more than that and if we moved to LA we'd definitely struggle given the cost of living.
depends on were you live.....the wealthy coastal areas and some inland areas it may just be getting by....but anywhere else you would be living fairly good.......
Average salary in LA is $62k. That puts teachers in the upper end and only work a fraction of the time what everyone else must work. And then huge pensions, and impossible to fire for doing a crappy job.
Exactly the point. Not held responsible for anything.

Gutless that is. Not nearly with his pay. Not even close. I've seen it. Pathetic.
I’m a teacher. Parents have to raise their kids proper. You have a welfare state like California there will be no salaries for teachers if people sit at home, smoke dope, sponge off welfare, and expect school raise their kids. It’s a joke. Thanks liberal Democrats:113: WORD!

It gets better:

Let’s begin with the makeup of the school district: It boasts a $7.52 billion budget and more than 60,000 employees, including about 26,000 teachers, with the average annual salary being $73,000. While employment has gone up 16% since 2004, enrollment has dropped 10% in the same period.

According to the latest available data, California school funding surged by nearly 10% from 2015 to 2016. If you examine a five-year period (2011 to 2016), school funding in the state is up a whopping 26%. Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA) has further proposed the “largest ever investment” in the LAUSD.

Plus, the district already offered LAUSD educators a pay raise of 3% this year and another 3% in 2020. It was rejected.

But the school district can’t afford another pay hike. Next year, LAUSD will have a $422 million budget deficit, mainly because employee pension and health care costs represent a great portion of the budget – they will account for more than half within 10 years. Overall, it has $5.1 billion more in liabilities than in assets and another $15 billion in unfunded health care benefit liabilities for retirees and current workers.

LA Teachers Strike: 73K Is Not Enough.

So if you want to know why teachers can’t get a pay raise, it’s because of teachers.
I hate to say it but 73k is not much in Kali!

Ok...so the people that I know...Christian and business owners...vote Democrat. In your eyes they are producers yet vote Democrat. Oh and they don't sit home and smoke. Hilarious.

So you don't live there now? Why do you care? I surely could care less. But I am not dumb enough to attack middle class people. Not while the 1 percent walk away with most all of it.

In LA it probably isn't. I make way more than that and if we moved to LA we'd definitely struggle given the cost of living.
depends on were you live.....the wealthy coastal areas and some inland areas it may just be getting by....but anywhere else you would be living fairly good.......
Average salary in LA is $62k. That puts teachers in the upper end and only work a fraction of the time what everyone else must work. And then huge pensions, and impossible to fire for doing a crappy job.
62 k is shit if you live in a area were the avg income is 75 k +

It gets better:

Let’s begin with the makeup of the school district: It boasts a $7.52 billion budget and more than 60,000 employees, including about 26,000 teachers, with the average annual salary being $73,000. While employment has gone up 16% since 2004, enrollment has dropped 10% in the same period.

According to the latest available data, California school funding surged by nearly 10% from 2015 to 2016. If you examine a five-year period (2011 to 2016), school funding in the state is up a whopping 26%. Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA) has further proposed the “largest ever investment” in the LAUSD.

Plus, the district already offered LAUSD educators a pay raise of 3% this year and another 3% in 2020. It was rejected.

But the school district can’t afford another pay hike. Next year, LAUSD will have a $422 million budget deficit, mainly because employee pension and health care costs represent a great portion of the budget – they will account for more than half within 10 years. Overall, it has $5.1 billion more in liabilities than in assets and another $15 billion in unfunded health care benefit liabilities for retirees and current workers.

LA Teachers Strike: 73K Is Not Enough.

So if you want to know why teachers can’t get a pay raise, it’s because of teachers.
I hate to say it but 73k is not much in Kali!
depends on were you live....

....only work a fraction of the time what everyone else must work.

.....impossible to fire for doing a crappy job.

Untrue and untrue.

Untrue and untrue.
Find me a public teacher who works 60-80 hours s week for 52 weeks.

And yes, you cannot fire a teacher for poor performance. Prove me wrong, name one.

62 k is shit if you live in a area were the avg income is 75 k +
Learn to read.

Untrue and untrue.

And yes, you cannot fire a teacher for poor performance. Prove me wrong, name one.

It happens all the time. You are just parroting shit you heard someone say.

Untrue and untrue.

It happens all the time. You are just parroting shit you heard someone say.
Dude, I’m close friends with half a dozen SoCal teachers.

One school has a teacher who’s called in sick every Monday for over a decade. They can’t touch her.

Forum List

Back