Krugman Advocates for DEATH & TAXES

Paul Krugman has affirmatively stated that the solution to our financial debacle involves a combination of Death Panels and Sales Taxes.

Well, at least he's honest.

WRONG!
Krugman said the solution to Medicare was a combination of death panels and VAT's.

This is hardly news, anybody with any sense recognizes that we already have death panels and we need them.

As for VAT's, well that depends on how discriminating the panels are. They could reduce benefits, or they can raise more money to pay for existing services.

So was Palin lying or not?

is tofu chicken or what?

wow... could krugman's words be more twisted by the rightwingnuts if they tried?

doubt it.

What was twisted?

What was twisted is that Krugman spoke in plain clear English what the intent of Nationalized Medicine has been all along:

Collective control so that maximum productivity is extracted from the workers and the least amount possible is spent maintaining them after they have ceased being productive.

PAUL KRUGMAN, NEW YORK TIMES: If they were going to do reality therapy, they should have said, OK, look, Medicare is going to have to decide what it's going to pay for. And at least for starters, it's going to have to decide which medical procedures are not effective at all and should not be paid for at all. In other words, it should have endorsed the panel that was part of the health care reform.

If it's not even -- if the commission isn't even brave enough to take on the death panels people, then it's doing no good at all. It's not educating the public. It's not telling people about the kinds of choices that need to be made.

A few minutes later:

CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR, HOST: But what is going to happen? I mean, are you clear on where a compromise is going to be? It's got to be discussed before the end of the year, no?

KRUGMAN: No. Some years down the pike, we're going to get t

You are making the mistake of thinking that Government Panels to decide what is proper health care for INDIVIDUALS is a valid concept in the first place.

Thanks for your posting; I really appreciate your ideas. Hope you can keep going.
This is a really great website, and I really like your essay. Thanks for your sharing.
I like it very much, thanks!!!
Thanks for that recommendation; it is really helpful for me to say!

You are making the mistake of thinking that Government Panels to decide what is proper health care for INDIVIDUALS is a valid concept in the first place.

It is valid if the government is paying for your health care, nitwit!

no. YOU are making the mistake of thinking that CORPORATIONS with a profit interest deciding what is proper health care for INDIVIDUALS is a valid concept in the first place.

wow... could krugman's words be more twisted by the rightwingnuts if they tried?

doubt it.

What was twisted?

What was twisted is that Krugman spoke in plain clear English what the intent of Nationalized Medicine has been all along:

Collective control so that maximum productivity is extracted from the workers and the least amount possible is spent maintaining them after they have ceased being productive.

as usual, you're either lying or being intentionally obtuse.

so there ya go.

In his own words...

The Conscience of a Liberal

Death Panels and Sales Taxes

I said something deliberately provocative on This Week, so I think I’d better clarify what I meant (which I did on the show, but it can’t hurt to say it again.)

So, what I said is that the eventual resolution of the deficit problem both will and should rely on “death panels and sales taxes”. What I meant is that

(a) health care costs will have to be controlled, which will surely require having Medicare and Medicaid decide what they’re willing to pay for— not really death panels, of course, but consideration of medical effectiveness and, at some point, how much we’re willing to spend for extreme care...

And if we do those two things, we’re most of the way toward a sustainable budget.

By the way, I’ve said this before.

Now, you may declare that this is politically impossible. But medical costs must be controlled somehow, or nothing works. And is a modest VAT really so much more implausible than ending the mortgage interest deduction"

Economics and Politics - Paul Krugman Blog - NYTimes.com

"how much we’re willing to spend for extreme care..." Call it Death Panel, call it Eugenics, call it "Complete Lives System"

Call it whatever the fuck you want it Nazi Medicine at it goosestepping best

And that's the conscience of a Liberal, they want to control EVERYTHING because as Obama said they are "God's partners in matters of Life and Death"

krugman_main.png

November 14, 2010, 12:40 pm

I said something deliberately provocative on This Week, so I think I’d better clarify what I meant (which I did on the show, but it can’t hurt to say it again.)

So, what I said is that the eventual resolution of the deficit problem both will and should rely on “death panels and sales taxes”. What I meant is that

(a) health care costs will have to be controlled, which will surely require having Medicare and Medicaid decide what they’re willing to pay for — not really death panels, of course, but consideration of medical effectiveness and, at some point, how much we’re willing to spend for extreme care

(b) we’ll need more revenue — several percent of GDP — which might most plausibly come from a value-added tax

And if we do those two things, we’re most of the way toward a sustainable budget.

Now, you may declare that this is politically impossible. But medical costs must be controlled somehow, or nothing works. And is a modest VAT really so much more implausible than ending the mortgage interest deduction?

So that’s my plan. And I believe that some day — maybe in the first Chelsea Clinton administration — it will actually happen.

Update: Henry Aaron is thinking along similar lines.

krugman_main.png

November 14, 2010, 12:40 pm

(a) health care costs will have to be controlled, which will surely require having Medicare and Medicaid decide what they’re willing to pay for — not really death panels, of course, but consideration of medical effectiveness and, at some point, how much we’re willing to spend for extreme care

(b) we’ll need more revenue — several percent of GDP — which might most plausibly come from a value-added tax

Now, you may declare that this is politically impossible. But medical costs must be controlled somehow, or nothing works. And is a modest VAT really so much more implausible than ending the mortgage interest deduction?

So that’s my plan. And I believe that some day — maybe in the first Chelsea Clinton administration — it will actually happen.

Update: Henry Aaron is thinking along similar lines.

Yes? Do you have anything to add?

"how much we’re willing to spend for extreme care..." -- Paul Krugman

"Complete Lives System" -- Zeke Emanuel

"we are God's partners in matters of Life and Death"-- Hussein Obama

"The exposure of the sick, weak, deformed children, in short, their destruction, was more decent and in truth a thousand times more humane than the wretched insanity of our day which preserves the most pathological subject" -- A. Hitler

Paul Krugman has affirmatively stated that the solution to our financial debacle involves a combination of Death Panels and Sales Taxes.

RUTH MARCUS, WASHINGTON POST: Right now, 75 percent of people believe you could balance the budget without touching Medicare or Social Security; 75 percent of people believe that you can balance the budget without raising taxes. Well, you could, but it would be extraordinarily painful.

People need to get a little bit of reality therapy. There's going to be another dose coming on Wednesday when another group is going to submit their recommendations, very concrete recommendations about how to do it. That's the conversation we need to have before we start picking apart solutions.

PAUL KRUGMAN, NEW YORK TIMES: If they were going to do reality therapy, they should have said, OK, look, Medicare is going to have to decide what it's going to pay for. And at least for starters, it's going to have to decide which medical procedures are not effective at all and should not be paid for at all. In other words, it should have endorsed the panel that was part of the health care reform.

If it's not even -- if the commission isn't even brave enough to take on the death panels people, then it's doing no good at all. It's not educating the public. It's not telling people about the kinds of choices that need to be made.

A few minutes later:

CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR, HOST: But what is going to happen? I mean, are you clear on where a compromise is going to be? It's got to be discussed before the end of the year, no?

KRUGMAN: No. Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes. It's going to be that we're actually going to take Medicare under control, and we're going to have to get some additional revenue, probably from a VAT. But it's not going to happen now...

Paul Krugman Recommends 'Death Panels' to Help Balance Budget | NewsBusters.org

News buster?

wow , the disinformation network of the right.

You people can NEVER allow a guy to make a joke can you.

I guess there would be tape but brietbart didnt have time to make it yet.

Last edited:
About NewsBusters.org | NewsBusters.org

About NewsBusters.org
Welcome to NewsBusters, a project of the Media Research Center (MRC), the leader in documenting, exposing and neutralizing liberal media bias.

In August of 2005, with the assistance of Matthew Sheffield of Dialog New Media, the MRC launched the NewsBusters blog to provide immediate exposure of liberal media bias, insightful analysis, constructive criticism and timely corrections to news media reporting.

Taking advantage of the MRC's thorough and ongoing tracking of liberal media bias, including a wealth of documentation and an archive of broadcast and cable news recordings dating back to 1987, NewsBusters plays a leading role in blog media criticism as a clearinghouse for evidence of liberal media bias. It combines this formidable archive and its compilers inside the MRC with the contributions of already-established netizen watchdogs.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/about-newsbusters-org#ixzz15MIFllj9

RUTH MARCUS, WASHINGTON POST: Right now, 75 percent of people believe you could balance the budget without touching Medicare or Social Security; 75 percent of people believe that you can balance the budget without raising taxes. Well, you could, but it would be extraordinarily painful.

People need to get a little bit of reality therapy. There's going to be another dose coming on Wednesday when another group is going to submit their recommendations, very concrete recommendations about how to do it. That's the conversation we need to have before we start picking apart solutions.

A few minutes later:

KRUGMAN: No. Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes. It's going to be that we're actually going to take Medicare under control, and we're going to have to get some additional revenue, probably from a VAT. But it's not going to happen now...

Paul Krugman Recommends 'Death Panels' to Help Balance Budget | NewsBusters.org

News buster?

wow , the disinformation network of the right.

You people can NEVER allow a guy to make a joke can you.

I guess there would be tape but brietbart didnt have time to make it yet.

Read Krugmans own blog you fucking ignoramus, he's not joking

About NewsBusters.org | NewsBusters.org

About NewsBusters.org
Welcome to NewsBusters, a project of the Media Research Center (MRC), the leader in documenting, exposing and neutralizing liberal media bias.

In August of 2005, with the assistance of Matthew Sheffield of Dialog New Media, the MRC launched the NewsBusters blog to provide immediate exposure of liberal media bias, insightful analysis, constructive criticism and timely corrections to news media reporting.

Taking advantage of the MRC's thorough and ongoing tracking of liberal media bias, including a wealth of documentation and an archive of broadcast and cable news recordings dating back to 1987, NewsBusters plays a leading role in blog media criticism as a clearinghouse for evidence of liberal media bias. It combines this formidable archive and its compilers inside the MRC with the contributions of already-established netizen watchdogs.

Read more: About NewsBusters.org | NewsBusters.org

Read Krugmans own blog you fucking ignoramus, he's not joking

"And at least for starters, it's going to have to decide which medical procedures are not effective at all and should not be paid for at all. In other words, it should have endorsed the panel that was part of the health care reform." -- Paul Krugman

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk[/ame]

Yeah, that's funny.

Maybe when Republican win it all in 2012 we'll cut off all Medical funding to the Blue States...ha ha ha that's so funny

As opposed to what? People in private industry making those decisions? Which, by the way, is the case now.

What's being discussed here is whether or not the government should have to pay for expensive procedures that won't do very much good. What's the real value in giving a 90 year old a triple bypass surgery? All of a sudden that person will live another 90 years?

If you don't know we already have "corporate death panels" then you are simply uninformed.

Taxes will be raised again on someone due to the statist reckless spending. A VAT on luxury items is a good start.

Forum List

Back